• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, do they seriously think anyone seriously believes that those models that have their scale sliders set to 5 or something count as something new?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I know this may be radical but I do think some intervention is need here. The Pokemon Company needs these to be mandated:

1. All Pokemon can be transferable Day 1.
2. Mega Evolutions, Alola forms, Z-Moves all must be transferable as well and return.

Gamefreak likes to argue "balance" issues when in reality the metagames they design only support a handful of Pokemon.

2 does NOT need to happen as its experimental baggage that they'd have to keep dragging into future gens.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh, but you better fucking believe that their precious Pikachu will be there all the time. Even when it doesn't make sense for a forest mouse to be in a region, like say Orre, they'll have them running around because God forbid if we cut out our mascot.

I mean... it's Pikachu. It would be a national headline if they were cut from the game.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"In the end, I had no choice but to choose the quality. "

Where?

InsidiousSatisfiedFrog-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me that Dynamax exists because its super low effort and doesn't require them to make new models or animations.
It's like they took Megas and Z-Moves and only kept the worst aspects of them for making a new thing.

No new forms for people to enjoy or no new moves with fun animation, you just get a big Pokémon doing generic punches. It's the worst gimmick by far. I legit enjoyed Megas and Z-moves as flawed as they were, Dynamax gives me nothing to be excited about.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
It's like they took Megas and Z-Moves and only kept the worst aspects of them for making a new thing.

No new forms for people to enjoy or no new moves with fun animation, you just get a big Pokémon doing generic punches. It's the worst gimmick by far. I legit enjoyed Megas and Z-moves as flawed as they were, Dynamax gives me nothing to be excited about.

Eh, the Raid Battles concept with them is cool though. Co op with 4 Pokémon fighting against one big Pokémon is something I feel will be really fun with friends.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
With them lying to our fucking faces about having to rebuild the models from scratch and saying Dynamax requires new models as well am I the only one who thinks the higher ups at Game Freak need to go? They clearly think very little of the fanbase and would rather try to cover their own asses with flat out lies to try to make it seem like they aren't trying to squeeze us for money. They have zero respect for us and now I have zero respect for them.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, the Raid Battles concept with them is cool though. Co op with 4 Pokémon fighting against one big Pokémon is something I feel will be really fun with friends.
If it was a new Pokémon maybe, but it's the same Pokémon we already have but big.

I also wouldn't take raid battles over the Pokémon themselves being all in the game.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
They should've prioritized national pokemon over Dynamax, if it was that resource intensive (which btw I have a hard time believing). Dynamax is a new untested gimmick with the fanbase. We don't even know how popular a feature it's going to be until the game comes out, and people have played with it. National Dex, on the other hand, is a tried and true staple. Clearly, people have a lot of attachment to it. It should have never been on the chopping block.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Google Translate said:
Screen of the max raid battle. Pokemon can be "dimaxed" for three turns only once in a battle in a specific area. In addition, in this work Mega Shinka and Z Waza do not appear.
Seems to be confirmation that Megas and Z-moves are out.

I'm personally not too gussed about this part, but damn.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So they planned this for S/M, and even with all that time they couldn't get their shit together by hiring more people/ putting more resources for the switch games? How many years have passed?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

They're literally just phoning it in at this point. For a "gimmick" at least Mega's gave us some cool new designs that were creative.

In the case of Dynamax, it just feels like TPC has contractually obligated them to come up with new gimmicks every gen for marketing and shit (which is why they throw out the old ones because they're not needed for this purpose anymore), and this time they put in the absolute bare minimum effort since Gamefreak is one giant clusterfuck of mismanagement.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So they planned this for S/M, and even with all that time they couldn't get their shit together by hiring more people/ putting more resources for the switch games? How many years have passed?
Don't let their lies fool you, they are using the 3DS models. They are just hoping their fanbase is stupid enough to believe that they remade all the models from scratch.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
What a ride it's been.

2017: Expecting 'Stars' to be announced. Get a Pokken port and told to wait.
2018: Get Let's Go and told to wait a(nother) year for the 'core game for fans'
2019: New game finally announced... which cuts the number of available Pokemon.

It's easy to see now that the writing was on the wall with SM's lack of National Dex but a lot of moves beginning with ORAS have been questionable.
I'd argue that the warning signs began appearing as soon as X and Y. That's when things started getting gimmick focused with pretty severe cutbacks to the number of new Pokémon. It's also when the mainline games started giving off a serious "unfinished" vibe.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't let their lies fool you, they are using the 3DS models. They are just hoping their fanbase is stupid enough to believe that they remade all the models from scratch.
But don't you see, Pokémon don't need to be in Pokémon games, their place is in Pokémon Home™, available for a cheap subscription 10$ a year!*

*your pokémon may get deleted if you fail to pay the subscription 2 weeks after its expiration
*we won't send you an email notifying you of this

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
They should've prioritized national pokemon over Dynamax, if it was that resource intensive (which btw I have a hard time believing). Dynamax is a new untested gimmick with the fanbase. We don't even know how popular a feature it's going to be until the game comes out, and people have played with it. National Dex, on the other hand, is a tried and true staple. Clearly, people have a lot of attachment to it. It should have never been on the chopping block.

Pokemon should have been prioritized over everything else. The moment they started on these games 3 years ago the #1 goal should have been to get all Pokemon up and running in the game. Once that's accomplished, then resources can be shifted elsewhere, like animating the Dynamax shit.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. You may be into something. We need a more detailed translation, but it sounds like yeah, they don't plan on increasing the amount. The idea is for Pokémon Home to be the Home for your Pokémon and bring them to regions that make sense.

So for example a Pokémon may not like a cold region so it doesn't make sense to import it to that game.

Kinda bullshit reasoning, given that my Charizard has traveled to the most coldest region and a region that was 50% water and did just fine.

I don't like the idea that there may exist a core series Pokémon game where I can't continue my Pokémon journey with Charmander by my side. I have spent 20+ years and took across the generations. Now all that's coming to an end. :(

Oh, but you better fucking believe that their precious Pikachu will be there all the time. Even when it doesn't make sense for a forest mouse to be in a region, like say Orre, they'll have them running around because God forbid if we cut out our mascot.

Actually not even Pikachu is safe as he wasn't available to be caught in the gen 5 games, Unova to date is the only region where Pikachu isn't native. Granted you could transfer Pikachu into the game.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

The thing is, even if you give them the benefit of the doubt, that's still 3-4 years where they knew this was going to happen and chose to do nothing.

Of course, Wingull speaks for itself.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
From what it sounds, a part of the design of Home is to remedy the fact that they didn't have the resources (or more likely choosing to allocate them incorrectly to other things) to create the exuberant amount of animations (this can be fully assessed when the game is complete, along with seeing the Camp feature) and balance the whole meta for SS without just leaving your favorite Pokemon to rot on the 3DS.

They understand that these Pokemon are ones people have memories with, or have hours upon hours of work put into, and although they possibly won't have a place in Galar, they will eventually hopefully have somewhere to be in upcoming titles as they diversify which Pokemon to feature.

If you aren't able to enjoy the games without a particular Pokemon(s) then you don't need to get the games, it's simple really. Not saying GF is particularly right in the decisions they made to lead to this situation, but it is what it is.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
From what it sounds, a part of the design of Home is to remedy the fact that they didn't have the resources (or more likely choosing to allocate them incorrectly to other things) to create the exuberant amount of animations (this can be fully assessed when the game is complete, along with seeing the Camp feature) and balance the whole meta for SS without just leaving your favorite Pokemon to rot on the 3DS.

They understand that these Pokemon are ones people have memories with, or have hours upon hours of work put into, and although they possibly won't have a place in Galar, they will eventually hopefully have somewhere to be in upcoming titles as they diversify which Pokemon to feature.

If you aren't able to enjoy the games without a particular Pokemon(s) then you don't need to get the games, it's simple really. Not saying GF is particularly right in the decisions they made to lead to this situation, but it is what it is.

This works in theory, but there's a few problems with their plan

1. They're horrible at diversifying Pokemon.

2. We know nothing about Pokemon Home, but if it's anything like Bank, we won't be able to play with our Pokemon in any meaningful way. We will also be unable to transfer them anywhere but Sword and Shield, making the culled Pokemon worthless. This goes back to point number 1, where there will be Pokemon that we won't be able to play for many, many years to come.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I am legitimately wondering if Masuda and Omori ever actually cared about the fans or if they've always thought of us as idiots who will buy anything. If they did actually care at one point what changed? Why do they have zero respect for us now?

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
The wingull animation will never get old.
"animation"

I am legitimately wondering if Masuda and Omori ever actually cared about the fans or if they've always thought of us as idiots who will buy anything. If they did actually care at one point what changed? Why do they have zero respect for us now?
I'm not going to bite on the whole "caring about fans" thing (I think you're being a bit hyperbolic here) but yes, the fanbase has proven they'll buy the games so it's not like they're worried about "backlash".

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I think I know why they're implying Dynamaxing requires them to create new models.

The swirling vortex above each Dynamaxing Pokemon is part of its model, not the background. Game Freak, come on, you can't be that incompetent, can you?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Someone should make a Thanos gif when he snaps his fingers and replace the stones with GF, TPC, Sword, Shield and something else.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy to see so much outrage over this over the past few days. I thought this was just gonna blow over, like most of the bullshit GF does these days, but this time seems different.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
But don't you see, Pokémon don't need to be in Pokémon games, their place is in Pokémon Home™, available for a cheap subscription 10$ a year!*

*your pokémon may get deleted if you fail to pay the subscription 2 weeks after its expiration
*we won't send you an email notifying you of this
I just realized that I have a shitload of Pokémon stored on my Bank but I won't be near my 3DS for the next few weeks and I'm pretty sure the subscription has expired for at least 6 months now. Am I fucked? 😨

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just like I said, they considered doing this back in S/M by the sheer fact that the National Dex didn't make it in.

And Masuda keeps making decisions he's not happy with.
Masuda probably shouldn't be making anymore decisions. Nintendo needs to remove this guy ASAP before he does even more harm to the franchise than he already has.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was watching the Hacker's Memory signature attacks and they are so good, wish GF did something like this u.u

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think this summary should pay more attention to this part.
「――現ハードの水準に達したグラフィックのポケモンをシリーズの展開に合わせて随時増やしていくのではなくて、あくまでも、そのタイトルに合ったポケモンを『Pokemon Home』から連れてこられるようにするというわけですね。

増田 そうですね。『Pokemon Home』に皆さんのポケモンを連れてきていただいて、そこからいろいろなタイトルにお出かけしていく感覚になると思います。ポケモンの気持ち的に言いますと、「この地方は寒いから、お留守番しているね」という感じですね。また、『Pokemon Home』に関しては、何かしらの遊びを用意したいとも考えています。」
Increasing available Pokemon in one title is not their master plan.
Pokemon Home is the Home.
Oh wow. You may be into something. We need a more detailed translation, but it sounds like yeah, they don't plan on increasing the amount. The idea is for Pokémon Home to be the Home for your Pokémon and bring them to regions that make sense.

So for example a Pokémon may not like a cold region so it doesn't make sense to import it to that game.
Had a funny internal journey when reading these posts because after seeing them I thought "Wait so are we basically now like Ash where we reset in every region and our monsters are left at home and brought back when it makes sense? I'm kinda cool with that." then I realized I had been played because it has always worked like this and there had always been a "home" except that it was a box in the game and not some paid external service literally called Home. I'm ashamed of myself for almost excusing their weird failings. Though I guess that's the approach one just has to take with this series nowadays...

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Masuda probably shouldn't be making anymore decisions. Nintendo needs to remove this guy ASAP before he does even more harm to the franchise than he already has.
I wonder how much leeway he has though?
They seem to be on a "game every year" track, and there's probably a lot of marketing/shows/merchandise tied up in a new gen appearing ever so often. It seems like the budget and dev time of the games are set in stone, and that most of their decisions revolve around what they can add and subtract to still make the timeline.

Just look at that pop in. Perfect.

That puts the "oof" in "yikes".

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to see so much outrage over this over the past few days. I thought this was just gonna blow over, like most of the bullshit GF does these days, but this time seems different.
They tried their hardest to see how far they could go with bad decisions.

But no one ever expected them to get to the point where they're cutting the Pokémon themselves, that's the line they couldn't cross I guess.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I had fallen out of Pokemon between HG/SS and Sun and Moon. Pokemon Go is actually what got me back into the series.

After beating the game I was so confused when I saw the National Dex was gone. It felt bizarre to see the numbering incorrect. It drives the completionist in my crazy that I won't be able to have Pokemon 1-8xx Pokemon in order in one game.

That said, the attention this is getting on social media is a good thing. While I stand by the fact that review bombing is a shitty thing to do post launch, using social media to politely get their attention is a good thing.

I suppose the best we can hope for is a post-launch patch, but I'm hopeful.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what's the outrage here? Sounds like not all Pokemon are implemented in the new engine yet... So what?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What shinx is not liked? I liked him he was on my team for that gen!

Shinx is liked, the whole line is, back in the D/P/Pt days Shinx was popular enough to be made into a starter pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky. When they conducted the Pokemon Popularity poll back in 2016 for people's favourite pokemon, Luxray finished in the top 100, even ahead of some of the starters like Bulbasaur and Torchic.

CkWPV_GW0AAaTkU.jpg

There's some questions of validity since the winner was going to be given away (Which is why a lot of top placements were the mythicals/legendaries) but it's hard to deny if you are ranking in the top 100 there has to be some level of popularity to the pokemon to make it up that high in the rankings.

That said though, despite the Shinx line popularity (And a fairly prominent role in the X/Y Anime with Celmont's Luxray), the line has yet to be included in a regional dex since Sinnoh. Which is why it's basically been the go to pokemon for stuff like this at the moment.

uJeK0TE.png

Prediction time by the way, how many of those top 100 do you think are going to make it into this one? Since legendaries and mythicals (Possibly Starters) might skew things, you can also do predictions between 51 and 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.