• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
You could've saved this argument for sun and moon. But surprise, they handled 800+ with no problem. Why are you giving it a pass on switch?

I mean this is not the damn witcher 3, a game that will probably push the switch to it's max, with a huge world, tons of characters, animations, weather effects, etc.

I'm pretty sure the switch can handle the code for every pokemon and more. There's absolutely 0 reason to cut shit.

True and i addressed this point in previous posts

The trade off and leap isnt enough which is fascinating considering the heated debates about whether this leap was good enough in the reveal topics!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
True and i addressed this point in previous posts

The trade off and leap isnt enough which is fascinating considering the heated debates about whether this leap was good enough in the reveal topics!

I actually think this leap is quite tame. This is not a BOTW jump that could maybeee justify rebooting shit. So less of a reason for GF to do this.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
The entire motto most of us westerners grew up with was "Gotta Catch 'em All"

I get if it doesn't matter to you, that's totally fine, but you can't understand at all why people would be upset they can't catch 'em all in the game who's motto is "gotta catch 'em all"?

It's not exactly a hard leap to make

To be fair, and to your point, transferring old Pokemon over isn't exactly "catching" them all either.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The best way IS TO NOT THROW ABUSE THEIR WAY.

Hit them up on Twitter and be cool about it. You can be disappointed without insult, threatening, or being disrespectful to them.
What I did was tweet them a picture of my Pokémon Bank with the 807/807 with the hashtag, and told them that it would be against the series identity to just ignore so many Pokémon like that in an email.

NeuroCloud

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Upon reflection, the reason this issue truly upsets me is my realisation that Gamefreak has casually disposed of every core motivation I've firmly held for playing Pokémon as an adult gamer.

In cold blood, in all probability, I'm most upset because I've just realised my lifelong Pokémon journey has honestly come to an end.

For Gamefreak's sake, I hope my reaction as a lifelong, adult Pokémon fan is not widely relatable.

Pokémon captivated a generation of children who stuck with the franchise for decades, it requires a serious disconnect to actively turn these longtime fans away.

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
People should be telling Gamefreak that they can see through the scam that is Pokemon Home--paying a subscription for a glorified trophy case, no guarantee that some of them will ever see the light of day again.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
The live chat on the Treehouse livestream is pretty hilarious, they keep relating anything they're saying back to the national dex no matter what is being played on screen.

I think they're really going to feel the community on this one.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Dynamax has new animations.

I believe the Refresh replacement has new animations. They said they want the Pokémon to be more emotive and thus there would be the place.
So not have Dynamax and Refresh enabled for some pokes? They could also create separate competitive mp queues for Galar and Full Pokedex if they also want to have separate MP.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So not have Dynamax and Refresh enabled for some pokes? They could also create separate competitive mp queues for Galar and Full Pokedex if they also want to have separate MP.
Yeah that'd be the sensible option

And they do have that for multiplayer too, at least in past games

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I absolutely knew this would happen one day. They were bound to run into the problem of having too many pokemon eventually, so here we are with the problem and Gamefreak doesn't have the ncessary hardware, or compression, to let people use the pokemon they like.

I imagine that there will be an update or expansion that requies a X amount of GB to download to make more pokemon avilable in Galar, but not having them all available and accessible from the getgo is going to be a BIG deal breaker for a lot of returning players.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I think I'm at a point with Pokemon where I'll buy all the mainline games on release day because it's a new Pokemon. I love this franchise so much, but this pisses me off. I have Pokemon that are years old and seeing them in HD would be fantastic. Not being able to see my Typhlosion and Blaziken in HD is a serious bummer to me. I understand that there will probably be 900+ Pokemon in total before new forms and that's a lot of work for Game Freak before getting to unique form models. Masuda most likely didn't want to do this, but delaying SwSh is out of the cards since this franchise is a factory. If the game goes down, everything else goes down.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that'd be the sensible option

And they do have that for multiplayer too, at least in past games

They would have to put in a process of making these changes

Even if fan placating options are considered its going to take time and they would have to decide to do it for this game instead of the future

Whoever is in charge can just say no and deal with the heat

I think I'm at a point with Pokemon where I'll buy all the mainline games on release day because it's a new Pokemon. I love this franchise so much, but this pisses me off. I have Pokemon that are years old and seeing them in HD would be fantastic. Not being able to see my Typhlosion and Blaziken in HD is a serious bummer to me. I understand that there will probably be 900+ Pokemon in total before new forms and that's a lot of work for Game Freak before getting to unique form models. Masuda most likely didn't want to do this, but delaying SwSh is out of the cards since this franchise is a factory. If the game goes down, everything else goes down.

Well let me step off my pessimism podium for a second and give you a sliver of hope

I have to imagine the entire legacy list will get updated at least ONE more time as I am sure this generation will last awhile over multiple games. It may be the last generation it happens though

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the standard email they're sending people who've submitted feedback:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback/suggestions. We regularly share player feedback and suggestions with our development team and will pass your message along to them.

Pokémon strongly encourages players to submit feedback and comments, so that this game can offer the best experience to all of you. Even though we do not always implement every suggestion we receive, we always read and pay attention to every single comment.

At this time we do not have any further information to provide regarding recent news releases. Any changes or further news will be announced at pokemon.com.

Thank you, and have a great day!
Sincerely,
Agent_Abbey
The Pokémon Company International Support Team

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
But all the Pokemon were in the code for that game. When FireRed LeafGreen released, you could transfer Johto and Kanto Pokemon over to R/S.

This isn't the same.
So let's say, eventually down the line, they add a patch or a DLC option or an update or something that adds those Pokemon to the game and enables Home connectivity for those Pokemon. I don't know when... A year from then, 2 years, 3 years, whatever... would that be the same or different to you? Something like Pokemon GO, where all the Pokemon weren't available from the start.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
It's like when people insisted there was no camera control or overworld Pokémon.

Just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

The thing is, even if it does exist would that make it any better? I feel like sacrificing a chunk of the roster in favor of a mode most people will touch once is a huge misstep

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
So let's say, eventually down the line, they add a patch or a DLC option or an update or something that adds those Pokemon to the game and enables Home connectivity for those Pokemon. I don't know when... A year from then, 2 years, 3 years, whatever... would that be the same or different to you? Something like Pokemon GO, where all the Pokemon weren't available from the start.

Not the guy you're replying to, but for me yes.

Maybe not 2-3 years, that's a bit long to me, but some type of delay would be alright.

You couldn't transfer into SuMo for months and no one was really TOO upset compared to this

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dynamax has new animations.

I believe the Refresh replacement has new animations. They said they want the Pokémon to be more emotive and thus there would be the place.
I'd prefer all the Pokemon over some Camp animations. Plus the overworld trainer and npc models still move around rotating on a stick.

Hope Game Freak or TPC will come out and address this, super shitty of them to hide it in a treehouse live stream when they had a business conference two weeks ago (announcing Home), and a direct last week.

Home isn't that useful if I can't transfer over my whole dex.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How many of you actually care about Amie/Refresh beyond giving Eevee two hearts to evolve into Sylveon?

Like they didnt even have it in Lets Go outside of the partners, and that was only 153 Pokémon

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
I think it's horrible to see not only their social media (even on posts prior to E3 where it's clearly someone putting up a lighthearted post, like a fun fact) but to see on posts from journalists who just interviewed TPC that there are childish and harassing comments.

There is a correct way to vocalize concerns and create action, throwing rocks at humans just doing their job is not an example of such.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's already a built in delay for Home, it's not releasing until 2020, so preferably they'd have everything patched in by Home's launch. I could wait a bit longer but they're just going to lose more hardcore fans the longer they take. Home is a paid service, I assume.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to have less Pokemon, save it for a Pokemon Snap or Pokken type dealio.

On the other hand, if you're going to cram every single Pokemon, form, Mega, Z, Voltron, yadda yadda, in the game, I wouldn't want the game to get limited to essentially a "catching simulator".

I want all the things. All the Pokemon, all the cheesy story, all the gimmicks. What can I say, I'm a fan. I'm greedy.

There's already a built in delay for Home, it's not releasing until 2020, so preferably they'd have everything patched in by Home's launch. I could wait a bit longer but they're just going to lose more hardcore fans the longer they take. Home is a paid service, I assume.
I'm sure they lost fans when people found out they couldn't transfer their old Pokemon between Gen 2 and Gen 3. But eventually, they added them back with the newer games. I just feel like the same could happen and IS happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.