• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Galar Trainers aren't too smart if the champion's ace is a Charizard. Stealth rocks already puts him at half health, just throw a stone at him and he's down.

I'll forgive them everything about Home interaction if they just fucking make the damage from stealth rock untyped and only affect pokemon immune to spikes

Does it really? The Wild Area is looks like it's mostly sporting textures from the Nintendo 64.

Not only do N64 games not look half that detailed they also tended to run at pretty low framerates, not to mention that part of the issue is YT's compression because that is certainly a livestream screencap

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Just read the USGamer interview. Falling back on "balance" as the primary motivating factor for cutting Pokemon is bunk as hell. The game has been effectively balanced through bans for ages now. It's also just straight-up weird to say that you want all Pokemon to "have a chance" because, logically, that ain't how animals work. A Charizard is always going to mop a Butterfree. It's extremely disingenuous and it makes this situation all the more frustrating.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there are hundreds of responses to every Pokémon tweet and they're all just about this. I love it.
Just read the USGamer interview. Falling back on "balance" as the primary motivating factor for cutting Pokemon is bunk as hell. The game has been effectively balanced through bans for ages now. It's also just straight-up weird to say that you want all Pokemon to "have a chance" because, logically, that ain't how animals work. A Charizard is always going to mop a Butterfree. It's extremely disingenuous and it makes this situation all the more frustrating.
also, there's no way it'll be balanced. they never ever have been, even with just 151

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

That's Game Freak for ya. Remember when they removed the Battle Frontier from ORAS because they said it was too hard and people don't like hard content anymore? Or when they removed following Pokémon, or the Hard mode from BW2. They've been an extremely frustrating company to be a fan of.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Balance is the shittiest excuse. Worse than fucking animations. In the same gen they nerfed TalonFlame and Thunderwave they introduced broken Z-moves, and Ultra Necrozma. Laughable. All the excuses they are saying to defend themselves are shit that they've fallen flat on their face on for 6 years.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
Yeah, I just found this clip. The animation on those wingull is really something. I feel completely comforted knowing we had to sacrifice the national dex for this step up in quality.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
The dislikes on the treehouse video was about even 18ish hours ago. Now it's doubled.
4t8lW2ooTZGPppOltvmOOg.png

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
"This is the game for CORE fans"

"Sorry dudes we cut 400 of them fuckers."

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, I just found this clip. The animation on those wingull is really something. I feel completely comforted knowing we had to sacrifice the national dex for this step up in quality.

Damn that Pokemon variety is amazing. /s

There probably exists over 900 creatures but here's like 6 Wingull on the screen.

Overworld animation is sorely disappointing, just like the gym footage, and Scorbunny's attack animation.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yo what they decided this because of balance???? I was under the impression it was like animation work or something. Fucking balance? Guarantee the Galar dex won't be balanced. The shit?

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I feel so vindicated for saying Let's Go would have a negative effect on the series, especially when it was the first one to start the trend of arbitrarily cutting Pokemon by eliminating anything non-Gen I related. And most of you shit on me for saying that.

Imagine if Game Freak put that time and effort wasted on Let's Go, towards Sword and Shield instead of having 2 separate sets of games in 2 years.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well... Atleast charizard is available.

Is this the first mainline game without all the pokemon programmed in?
even R/S had all of them so that trading to the eventual FR/LG would allow you to get the missing pokemon.

So is there no national dex whatsoever?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I know this may be radical but I do think some intervention is need here. The Pokemon Company needs these to be mandated:

1. All Pokemon can be transferable Day 1.
2. Mega Evolutions, Alola forms, Z-Moves all must be transferable as well and return.

Gamefreak likes to argue "balance" issues when in reality the metagames they design only support a handful of Pokemon.

THIS

nothing else is acceptable, if they wanted us to keep buying these games and using these gimmicks then they should support them moving forward.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What gets me about the balance excuse is that even if they're afraid that some Pokemon are too overpowered, such as Lando-T or the Tapus, there's no real solution in play to tone them down - they'll just get pulled from the games until further notice, and they'll be added back either when overall power creep finally catches up to them or their original game gets remade. Gen VIII might be safe from Lando-T's reign of terror, but if Gen IX or Gen X brings him back with BW remakes, all Game Freak's done is kick the can years down the road. In the mean time, no one will be able to use Landorus at all, and people who liked the Pokemon in either form get punished for Game Freak's unwillingness to rebalance its stats.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I feel like the best case scenario at this point is for Gamefreak to speak up and promise that the non-Galar Pokemon will be prepped for HD at a later date (probably for next year's game sigh) and they'll be added to Sword and Shield eventually.

Is this how it SHOULD be? Hell no, but its fucking Gamefreak we're talking about here and we can't even expect the bare minimum from them anymore.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Well... Atleast charizard is available.

Is this the first mainline game without all the pokemon programmed in?
even R/S had all of them so that trading to the eventual FR/LG would allow you to get the missing pokemon.

So is there no national dex whatsoever?
National dex hasnt been a thing since Sun/Moon

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
I feel like the best case scenario at this point is for Gamefreak to speak up and promise that the non-Galar Pokemon will be prepped for HD at a later date (probably for next year's game sigh) and they'll be added to Sword and Shield eventually.

Is this how it SHOULD be? Hell no, but its fucking Gamefreak we're talking about here and we can't even expect the bare minimum from them anymore.
They won't do updates. They'll want people to pay 60 bucks again for the real Sword and Shield games that's coming later with all the pokemon available.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

The thing is, most devs have resigned themselves to post-launch patches. Everybody does it. But Gamefreak's "no patch" policy is directly conflicting with the scope issues they've gained in the HD era. It's like they're using 2006 logic in 2019.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the Wingull animation is probably it being an early build---the one they used for the gameplay demonstration at Treehouse, where that is from, looked rougher than what we saw in the Direct last week, which is probably from a newer build.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Ik everyone is hating on this but like it had to happen eventually? They can't just keep adding Pokémon without having to remove some eventually. 1000+ Pokémon is not sustainable

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expect all of the Gen 1 pokemon to make the cut, as well as their cross-gen evolutions. Given that the main argument for this change is the work involved with the 3D models and animations, any pokemon that was in Let's Go would supposedly have less work involved with it, plus they wouldn't want to antagonize Switch owners that got into Pokemon with Let's Go.

Leak spoilers
This also makes sense given the rumored Farfetch'd evo.

I think thats why Farfetch'd was looked at , they had to balance a ton of mons they were limited to so they pretty much were forced to look at old mons and rework them.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the Wingull animation is probably it being an early build---the one they used for the gameplay demonstration at Treehouse, where that is from, looked rougher than what we saw in the Direct last week, which is probably from a newer build.
I doubt it. that's how it's moved since x and y

Status
Not open for further replies.