• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
HMhtMAk.png

Platforms: PlayStation 4, XBOX One, PC
Developed by: Codemasters
MSRP: $ 59.99 £ 44.99 € 69.99
Release Date: June 5th 2018

DETWeq0.gif

"ONRUSH is a new breed of high-impact, adrenaline fuelled off-road arcade racing! It's about speed, takedowns and teamwork with high-tempo thrills that focus on fun, excitement and the spectacular."
  • TAKEDOWNS: Takedowns are core to ONRUSH. Speed off cliff edges and traverse huge ramps flying hundreds of feet through the bold, bright sky. Land with immense force crushing any opposing team vehicles unfortunate enough to be below.
  • RUSH: Boosting at breakneck speed only gets you so far. To really gain an unworldly edge, unleash the invulnerable, euphoric blast of speed and power RUSH! Completely unique to each vehicle in both look and ability, this is like nothing seen in any racing game before.
  • THE STAMPEDE: The Stampede System makes sure you are always in the action. Racing is at its most exciting when you're wheel to wheel right in the 'thick of it' and ONRUSH does just that. Never have a race ruined by spinning out or losing the pack. In ONRUSH you respawn right back into the mix ready to make an impact and perform the next most amazing takedown.

JVrYDZn.gif

"ONRUSH has eight powerful vehicle classes each with their own individual set of traits and RUSH abilities. Whether you want to attack the pack or support your team each vehicle offers a unique way to turn each race to your advantage."

ikl2xPf.gif

• Firewall: RUSHing leaves a destructive trail of fire behind
  • Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents
  • Tumbler: Earn RUSH directly from front and back flips
ql26LSz.gif

• Drain: RUSHing drains boost from all opponents in range
  • Slam: Heavy landings trigger a shockwave that makes nearby enemies vulnerable
  • Show-Off: Earn RUSH directly from performing tricks
XxdR4pf.gif

• Turbulence: RUSHing leaves a disruptive wake of turbulent air behind
  • Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective
  • Spiral: Earn RUSH directly from performing barrel rolls
NJbAqal.gif

• Bulldoze: Plow through opponents with a physically larger RUSH effect
  • Airstrike: Improved magnetism on in-air attacks
  • Daredevil: Earn RUSH from driving near enemies
siBEaSS.gif

• Rampage: Refill your RUSH gauge with every successful takedown
  • Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly
  • Pinpoint: Earn RUSH directly from performing near misses
1v1HN18.gif

• Energize: RUSHing supplies nearby teammates with boost
  • Restock: Drop boost pick-ups for your team when you boost
  • Unite: Earn RUSH directly from driving near teammates
qI6itW1.gif

• Blockade: RUSHing drops a tail of blockades that slow your opponents down
  • Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits
  • Impact: Earn RUSH directly from taking down opponents
bG1AdGl.gif

• Blackout: RUSHing blinds any opponent following behind
  • Shutdown: Hit opponents to temporarily disable their boost
  • Bully: Earn RUSH directly from taking down fodder

mBwXEng.gif

DjSzdbS.png

OVERDRIVE
  • Overdrive mode is a pure 'Boost to Win' onslaught until the very end. Get boost any way you can as quickly as possible and burn it up even quicker.

d8UVGvm.png

SWITCH
  • Survive as long as you can hunting down your opponents. you'll get increasingly stronger vehicles, but so will they, be smart and work together to win.

ETvHb1A.png

COUNTDOWN
  • Countdown is a race through gates against a decreasing clock. Hitting the gates will add precious seconds to your teams time, keeping you in the game.
8YwQ1zy.png

LOCKDOWN
  • Lockdown is race to fight for control of a moving zone in a 100mph King of the Hill free for all. Get in the zone and fight for survival.

NLAh9QU.gif

Videos

Onrush | Choose your weapon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGjidUz_wTQ
Onrush | Game Modes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kZOKvAvMY
Onrush | Race, Wreck, Repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhoNPGZkfOo

Reviews

Review Thread: https://resetera.com/threads/onrush...at-game-for-ps4-xbox-one-review-thread.46897/

Last edited:

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Here we gooooooo.

My review goes up on GTPlanet tomorrow, can't wait to see how this game develops over time. Good word of mouth and an active community are pretty much a must.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Have it preordered so I'll certainly give the single player a shot, but can't say the beta filled me with great confidence that I'm the right target audience for it. I'm sure the thread doesn't need a bunch of moaning that this isn't just a spiritual Motorstorm sequel so... I just... won't do that then :|

OP
OP
TheWorthyEdge

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I actually won't even be able to buy the game for a bit...wanted to make the OT extra spicy for you guys though :D

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
I fucking love that title.

The game's definitely a digital purchase for me, but only when it's cheaper.
My main draw to it is the photomode, which doesn't justify the 70 bucks.
Only my opinion though of course, I hope it will be a massive hit, simply because of the amazing and lovely and super duper awesome people who made it.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
I'm really curious about what the reviews are going to look like considering this is not a typical racing game, or even a racing game at all really.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I can't wait to sink into this game. Most likely will play Superstar mode and then go into Online because I enjoyed the online beta immensely.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Man, there was a beta for this game, but I think I missed it because I wasn't home that weekend. I wanted to try this game out to see how it felt like. Looking at gameplay, it did look fun, but right now I'm not sure on purchasing it. Might have to wait and see, and also look out for the lootbox situation.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Preloaded the digital game on PS4 and ready to go. Enjoyed the beta, really looking forward to playing this. Been waiting for a good arcade-style racer for a while now.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
... and also look out for the lootbox situation.
there is no situation. you get a lootbox for every level-up, it only contains cosmetic items (every unlock in this game is cosmetic) and cannot be bought with real money. you can also directly unlock a specific item with gold (which you get for doing events). there are zero microtransactions in the game.

Beast780

Jan 28, 2018
Is the game coming to PC? I've searched Steam and Humble Store but can't find it. I'd likely get it for Xbox anyways.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be picking this up on a discount. I played the beta and loved it, but was done with it after an hour.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't know it was out so soon, I guess because I have to wait. Enjoy it everyone, hopefully by the time it is out on PC I'll have a good grasp on how the full game is, and some strategies.

I forgot what game I was waiting on that pretty much will force me to get PS+. Oh well, for the best, though if I get it before Onrush PC I guess I should get Onrush PS4 at the same time, unless the PS+ sub will be temporary.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I was not in love with the beta but I kept my preorder as I still felt I could be swayed since I love arcade racing.
Unfortunately that week after the beta weekend I found out I lost my job of 7 years. My last day there is June 15th (they were awesome and gave me a month's notice /s).
Right away I went and cancelled any unnecessary purchases like game and movie preorders, so I had to cancel this preorder. It was physical so I could do so.
Here is the thing. I actually still have credit in both my PSN and Live accounts from gift cards from Christmas, so I can pick up 1 or 2 games over the upcoming months on both.
However I am not convinced this is the game to pick up now that I have to be very particular with my purchases, at least short term.

It sucks, as I was looking forward to being proven wrong and perhaps falling in love with the game, but I have to be prudent with my spending.
So I will be keeping an eye on impressions to see if perhaps I should change my mind.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I was not in love with the beta but I kept my preorder as I still felt I could be swayed since I love arcade racing.
Unfortunately that week after the beta weekend I found out I lost my job of 7 years. My last day there is June 15th (they were awesome and gave me a month's notice /s).
Right away I went and cancelled any unnecessary purchases like game and movie preorders, so I had to cancel this preorder. It was physical so I could do so.
Here is the thing. I actually still have credit in both my PSN and Live accounts from gift cards from Christmas, so I can pick up 1 or 2 games over the upcoming months on both.
However I am not convinced this is the game to pick up now that I have to be very particular with my purchases, at least short term.

It sucks, as I was looking forward to being proven wrong and perhaps falling in love with the game, but I have to be prudent with my spending.
So I will be keeping an eye on impressions to see if perhaps I should change my mind.

I would wait for reviews, especially given your financial constraints right now.

Hope things get better for ya.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait. I've said it before, and this will be the last time: the most fun I've ever had with an online driving game.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
This game is a perfect example of "not every game need to be $60".

Tried the demo, just didn't do anything for me. I was fairly excited about it too.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Half an hour played before I simply must go to bed and can only say wow! Some of the drops and jumps on tracks that weren't on the beta frankly took my breath away. And the two new modes were very compelling to play. Collision physics were working perfectly and takedowns were pretty easy to pull off (I could barely pull off any in the beta) . All in all it is a game I know I am going to sink 100s of hours into. Congrats to Rushy and the team.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Very nice OT.

Can't wait to play this tomorrow, really enjoyed the Beta and looking forward to playing the Single Player.

Shame some people seem to be writing it off already just because it isn't a traditional racer but I really enjoyed the fast, Burnout style action and arcade fun that OnRush brings, something we don't get a lot of anymore.

Hopefully the reviews are fair to it because it's a fun game and deserves to be a hit for Rushy and his team.

Oct 27, 2017
See, I was excited about this as a Motorstorm too, but it not being that has me uninterested because I have Rocket League for my non-racing MP car needs. Just my honest thought process for anyone collecting data.

Maybe I'll need a SP demo to convince me.

Ooh, forgot about the Crew 2.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I simply need to ask:
Will this game scratch my itch for a new Burnout game?
From the description it actually sounds quite a bit like Burnout.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
So, I never played the beta, the first half hour on X1...holy fuck this game is amazing. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I hit quick play and was thrown into an MP match within seconds, played through about 4-5 matches...this shit is dope. Polished as hell, looks great, controls great, great soundtrack...first impressions are hnnnggggggg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm waiting for reviews and word of mouth to see if this is something I will bother with. I liked Motorstorm, but found it to be too difficult and cheap. My hope was this would be a nice alternative and a good, fair arcade racer like those were. But then they announced all the team and social and rampage stuff and my interest dropped significantly.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Played the first few matches on the Superstar campaign, still fun.

Love that they added slowmo takedowns also.

I'm assuming the AI will get tougher as you go up the ladder but yeah, still having a blast.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it after having a really tough day. It's better than the beta. The vehicle variety helps a lot and there are a ton of unlockables. I just wish some of the tracks were mode windy instead of long straightaways.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Fantastic OT and great game. Already mentioned it in the other OnRush thread, but please give this game a fair chance.

I just can't stop playing and it'a been ages since I've had that feeling.

This is a great mix of SSX, Motorstorm, Burnout, BLUR and Splatoon to me :)

Oct 27, 2017
Playing the single player now. Had a car slide across the track in front of me on two wheels and blasted it with Vortex right as I landed with the timed boost. It was cool as hell.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Fantastic OT and great game. Already mentioned it in the other OnRush thread, but please give this game a fair chance.

I just can't stop playing and it'a been ages since I've had that feeling.

This is a great mix of SSX, Motorstorm, Burnout, BLUR and Splatoon to me :)

Thanks for the impressions in the hype thread. Those plus the DF vid made me buy this and it's fucking fantastic. Level cap is 400!? Good god I might get there at some point.