• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of vehícules. I'm kind lost within all of them though. Are there some big tipology like Strong/slow, Weak/Fast kind of thing?

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
Can't wait, this looks really fun. If they throw in some city courses like Burnout, I'm 100% in.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm still bot sure how I feel about the stampede mechanics and there not being traditional racing but I'm still interested in this.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of vehícules. I'm kind lost within all of them though. Are there some big tipology like Strong/slow, Weak/Fast kind of thing?
Speed doesn't matter since position doesn't equate to winning.
Think overwatch, vehicles have abilities on cooldown and have a super, and you utilize them to complete an objective while GOING (not racing) around a track.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
My question is how much are they updating this game throughout the year? Or is it a one and done deal?

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
THIS is what i consider an arcade racing game, not the slightly less simulative games today's people are used to.
I guess it aims to be an "hero" racing(in fact cars were called heroes in the tweet), like Overwatch on cars.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if you could even make a Sniper style car in this game.

I know we have someone from Codemasters here on Resetera, if you are about. Tell us, which car is the "Hanzo" of this game?

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My question is how much are they updating this game throughout the year? Or is it a one and done deal?
They're gonna add new tracks and new cars (it's not clear if it's more models for the classes, or entirely new classes altogether like Overwatch has done with new characters) and new modes for free post-launch, supposedly.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
They're gonna add new tracks and new cars (it's not clear if it's more models for the classes, or entirely new classes altogether like Overwatch has done with new characters) and new modes for free post-launch, supposedly.

Oh cool stuff, did they make it clear if they are following that OW approach then? Because that'd be interesting, if they have like a loot box system sort of like theirs with continuing things to unlock during events.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool stuff, did they make it clear if they are following that OW approach then? Because that'd be interesting, if they have like a loot box system sort of like theirs with continuing things to unlock during events.
There are lootboxes, but they only unlock cosmetic skins, as of now. Codemasters has never really used them before, so I trust them on this.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks great! Pre-ordered for my Xbox One X. Cant wait to see it running on that. Hopefully the 60fps mode still offers a bit more than just 1080p.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blade's trail of fire is literally a jetwall/light ribbon from the Tron light cycles

I'm so in

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Hold on.....this looks like alot of fun.
How come ive not been more excited for this?

Tell me it has couch multiplayer....if it does im sold.
If it doesnt im sold.

Why did Sony get rid of Evolution??....well im fine cuz it hopefully means a PC version is in the works.
This at beyond 60fps could be the next big arcade racer.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool, but from what I remember this game doesn't have split screen which is a shame as my friends would love it. Ramming enemies with style!

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on.....this looks like alot of fun.
How come ive not been more excited for this?

Tell me it has couch multiplayer....if it does im sold.
If it doesnt im sold.

Why did Sony get rid of Evolution??....well im fine cuz it hopefully means a PC version is in the works.
This at beyond 60fps could be the next big arcade racer.

A pc version is announced and will come later.

RudiJ

Oct 28, 2017
Got a go with this game at EGX Rezzed. Couldn't really get a handle on what my abilities were for most of it but the game is a lot of fun and it's cool to see someone come up with an interesting racing gamemode that doesn't rely much on convention. I'm a massive fan of the Motorstorm games and this scratches that itch somewhat, while also very much being it's own thing. The way scoring and winning works is genuinely exciting. There's mechanics that teleports you to where the action is happening if you get too far ahead or too far behind. The basic goal of hitting checkpoints also doesn't get tiring because there's a lot of room to take different paths and lines on the tracks and it seemed like the goalposts of the checkpoints shrank depending on whether you were winning or losing. Both races I played were super close. My favourite ultimate was Vortex', it's nuts how much that wave can dominate the space behind you. Kinda made me really want a Mad Max game in this style, with a bunch of different classes of vehicles in a perpetual clash along long stretches of road.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time deciding if I want this or not. It looks fun, and I would love for something to scratch my MotorStorm itch, but with this having no actual racing, hmm... I'm just not sure I really want a vehicle-based action game.

But I'm definitely gonna give the open beta a chance when it drops. Hopefully playing the game will convince me that its concept is a good idea!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Glad the vehicles are not licenced. Means there should be no issue having it backwards compatible on Xbox Three

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks quite refreshing and fun but not sure how the handling will be and I am so hitting tree after tree. The car choices, that must be one hell of a balancing act or do they all more or less go at the same speed and the abilities, handling are the difference?

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you could even make a Sniper style car in this game.

I know we have someone from Codemasters here on Resetera, if you are about. Tell us, which car is the "Hanzo" of this game?
I don't think the vehicles are distinct enough (not that this is a problem, it's just a fact of this being a...driving game? "racing" doesn't really describe it lol). I'm pretty impressed at how they managed to make vehicle equivalents to the standard DPS/Healer/Tank trichotomy in the first place!

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Still disappointed by the weird direction this game took. All I wanted was a couch CO-OP arcade racer.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Been meaning to have a game that can scratch the arcade itch I have. I need something alongside of Trackmania :)

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*sigh* if only this were a real racing game.

Hopefully they patch in a traditional mode 6 months from now.

Ap3x

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Oh wow, I am not even that much into racing games, but this looks like a blast.