• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyCanuck

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Ontario Newsroom

"This was a tough decision, but the right decision, as this is no time for half measures," said Premier Doug Ford. "But I have said from day one we will, and we must, take all steps necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of every Ontarian must come first. The health of you, your children, your grandparents and friends depends on all of us doing our part."

Businesses that can continue operations with employees working remotely, or through other contingency measures, are being given approximately 36 hours to prepare and adapt. Essential services may continue their operations to maintain supply chains and ensure the people of Ontario have access to necessities, including groceries, medicines and other essential products.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's for the best. Must be a leap year because I find myself thinking Doug Ford made a good call. It's really the only way I can see this being beaten.

I'm curious if companies that operate fully remote continue as normal. I don't see why not but businesses are all so reliant on other businesses that may be shutting down so who knows.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Sorta annoying that companies haven't already shutdown amidst all this shit going on.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
This is going to be a dumb question, but does anyone have experience collecting UI? I know I have to wait for my company to forward my record, How is the process? what is expected on my end

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a dumb question, but does anyone have experience collecting UI? I know I have to wait for my company to forward my record, How is the process? what is expected on my end

Your ROE will likely be submitted online and you will be able to access it inside your My Service Canada account.

You do not need your ROE to file for EI, there's an option you can select "I have asked for my ROE and it will be submitted promptly". Just select that. No ROE will cause your claim to be delayed so check to make sure it is submitted electronically.

Then you just follow the instructions. Answer the questions, and once every two weeks you will need to log how much you worked(or didn't). You're supposed to be actively looking for work and be able to prove it, but I have no idea how they expect to enforce that with this.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Your ROE will likely be submitted online and you will be able to access it inside your My Service Canada account.

You do not need your ROE to file for EI, there's an option you can select "I have asked for my ROE and it will be submitted promptly". Just select that. No ROE will cause your claim to be delayed so check to make sure it is submitted electronically.

Then you just follow the instructions. Answer the questions, and once every two weeks you will need to log how much you worked(or didn't). You're supposed to be actively looking for work and be able to prove it, but I have no idea how they expect to enforce that with this.
Yup, pretty much all of this.

Another piece of advice is to try to apply as soon as you can. These things can take a few weeks to get going, even during normal times.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you so much!

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if this impacts courier/shipment services like Purolator and UPS. People are sure to be ordering things online.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Please continue the discussion in the main CanadaERA Covid 19 thread

www.resetera.com

CanadaERA COVID-19 Thread | Canadian Border Is Currently Out of Office, Returning 2049 - Jamais 2 sans 3 (vagues) COVID - OT

Please do not be a COVIDiot, and follow the guidance previously established in other related threads by our moderation team. Vaccine Phase and Relevant Info: Vaccine Tracker - COVID-19 Tracker Canada - Vaccination Tracker (covid19tracker.ca) Tracking every case of COVID-19 in Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.