Open Registrations and a Huge Milestone... 100,000 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
...and I'm in! Thanks!

Been lurking the other side for the last 10 years or so.

Hopefully ERA lives up to everyone's (huge) expectations.

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everybody, lurked in other forum for almost 10 years, Ill try to be more active here. Love the atmosphere and buzz here. Feels like I am part of something special.

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Thank you for activating my account!

It already feels cozy in here!

I know how busy it must be for the moderation team, I just wanna say that you're all doing an incredible job getting things up and running this quickly.

Oct 28, 2017
I completed my transition to the other side. Thanks to everyone working overtime approving members and for making everything run so smoothly.

Looking forward to some nice conversations :)

Oct 26, 2017
First of all a big thanks to the masterminds behind this new forum. Spectacular work in such a short time! I’d also like to thank the whole community for helping each other migrating here through Discord and other communities.

Been eyeing this forum these past couple days and finally had the time to make my first post. Very excited and as most people have already stated, I too feel being a part of something very special.

Oct 28, 2017
Greetings!

This feels like a very ambitious and fresh start. Thumbs up for the good and hard work of the responsible ladies and gentlemen! I'm looking forward to it!

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin/Warsaw
It's my first post here and I just wanted to express my feelings real quick.

I have been a lurker on that other place for a couple of years but never signed up as I'm not usually a guy that posts a lot. I was deeply saddened after the events a week ago and I thought that my favorite site on the web was gone. But it wasn't the site that I loved but the community and I'm really amazed what you guys achieved with ERA. The transition went unbelievably smooth and it is so awesome to see all the familar users again. It encouraged me to sign up to this wonderful place and give you my support and express my gratitude. This is the beginning of something big and beautiful. Thank you for your hard work!

Bran Van

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys!

Went under Chuck Norris at NeoGAF

Decided it was time for a change of name considering I've had it for almost 10 years and realise how it makes me appear right wing to some

Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Yeah probably Reseters. ERAers sounds funny to me.
I'd been thinking about this. I like ERAns/Erans. Reseters has too many syllables, tErans is too complicated to type. We already have people using the subcommunityERA convention, which works fantastically because every word can be followed by "era".

So I'm a member of ResetEra, I'm part of the HorrorERA community, I'm an ERAn. Caps just for distinctiveness and because I like the aesthetic (although amusingly I always cringed when people wrote "GAFfer" rather than "Gaffer" on the old board).

Thoughts?

First post on Resetera:
I'm back, same avatar but dropped the "08" from my past gaf-username. I want to extend a thanks to everyone involved making Resetera a reality. Super-impressive that it could come online and function so quickly. It sure means a lot to many. Looking forward to future conversations with all you fine people. You will mainly find me in the PC-threads.

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Thrilled to be a part of this - from 3,000 posts on GAFs and a decade of membership, it feels odd to start over but also necessary.

Same username on my end, slightly update avatar. Looking forward to seeing the same old faces.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was so excited to see the Sales folks again, could participate in topics that got axed elsewhere, I forgot to drop in and say hi.

Loving the site, features, almost to 200,000 posts already. Amazing what y'all pulled off.

Congrats.

Oh yeah, the fast approval was nice.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Yo Eraers! First post on our amazing forum, was always a lurker on Gaf, I hope that changes around here.

Happy to be a part of this great community! :)

Oct 27, 2017
Feels good to be here. Account approved quickly :)

Just need to figure out how to better size my avatar now (seems to be a bit distorted from the original)

Anyone know how to resize this properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.