Open Registrations and a Huge Milestone... 100,000 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone!
Been a longtime lurker on the old forum, never got accepted.
Glad to finally be a member of the community.
Hope this site is a dawn of a new era!

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
We've already passed 10% percent of the total number of members compared to the old board. And since this one is just a week old, it's pretty safe to assume that almost all off the nearly 20k accounts are active.

That's insane!

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to the admin team for the approval. I made it over with the discord arks but missed the initial codes, so it has been a Long wait. Kudos for getting the site up and running, the professional look and feel of the site, and for processing so many new members in a short space of time. Amazing work. Feels like virtual home already.

Oct 27, 2017
I know the growth rate is going to taper-off at some point but I am absolutely stunned by how fast this has grown within a week. Great job all around to the Administration team, Moderation team and the community who have made this a huge success.

Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Greetings everyone!

I have been a lurker at the other forum for years now without ever joining. In fact, lurking that place before the “schism” has become such a habit, that when it exploded, I felt somewhat lost. I followed ex-GAF twitter accounts and “refugees” on other forums like a hawk, hoping something would shake out. When I heard ramblings about ERA, I become hyped as hell, almost as hyped as I was for Switch leading up to the reveal ( I followed NX speculation threads like an obsessed madman, so that should give you an idea). I’m so happy to see this place become successful overnight.

I’m pleased to be here.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Finally! I felt like Jorji from Papers Please with the email problems, lol.

One of the email services I tried is considered free email, apparently (I guess because it offers a free trial period). Then my father's ISP-provided mail seemed to be banned. Happy to be here now! :)

Oct 27, 2017
Want to say excellent job by those that put this all together so quickly and thank you for the invite.

Mostly a lurker on the old site, but looking forward to being more involve with this new home.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I was lurking since 2012. on that previous forum ,never bothered to make an account...but i did here yesterday.Congrats. to everybody,admins.,mods. and all new users, and cya around i guess!

Oct 28, 2017
I have a friend who cannot get the confirmation email. Can I message a mod to help him get manually approved to post?
I had the same issue. I solved it by using another email account. Probably some wont let emails through yet.

Don't know if mods can help though, probably, but if available perhaps try another account first?

Oct 28, 2017
Lahti, Finland
Hello everyone! My first post here and I have to say it's quite surreal feeling to actually post something considering I was stalking the other place for something like 5 years. It became my only source for the gaming related news. I think this is the grand opportunity to start anew and actually start posting as well.

Thanks for the swift approval!

Glad to be part of this community now.

Oct 27, 2017
We in this! Just wanted to say this forum has done a better job than frankly I ever expected anyone to even be able to do. Amazing stuff and let's keep it positive!
Much love.

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how fast the forum is growing. I was never the most prolific poster at...that other place, but it's great and somewhat comforting to see so many familiar names and avatars. I look forward to being a part of the community!

(Thanks also for the speedy approval)

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the quick approval.

Was a lurker on the other site and didn't create an account there. I'm looking forward to seeing how big this community will grow and being a part of it.

Congrats to all involved in this.

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
First post here! Thanks so much to the admins for approving my account, and for the gargantuan effort in setting this platform up at such short notice. Fantastic work, great start, exciting stuff ahead!

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys gonna take donations, adsense, etc? Server costs are going to obviously skyrocket and just curious what are you guys going to do to monetize the site?

Oct 27, 2017
So... Not sure this is the right place but hopefully a mod or even an admin will see this.

In France there's an ISP called Free. It's pretty popular amongst gamers because of all the features it has.

Back in the day I couldn't register to the old place because they thought it was a free email service. It's not.

So long story short, for the sake of my French gamer comrades, please let them register with their @free.fr adresses.

Thank you and great work on the new Era.

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
So... Not sure this is the right place but hopefully a mod or even an admin will see this.

In France there's an ISP called Free. It's pretty popular amongst gamers because of all the features it has.

Back in the day I couldn't register to the old place because they thought it was a free email service. It's not.

So long story short, for the sake of my French gamer comrades, please let them register with their @free.fr adresses.

Thank you and great work on the new Era.
We are aware that @free.fr addresses were erroneously being rejected and have added it to our whitelist.

If you know of anyone who was turned down for having a @free.fr address ask them to retry and give them our apologies.

Oct 28, 2017
I am glad to be in this new community! I signed up using my work email and I would prefer to use a non work email, but I only have gmail accounts for the time being. Am I able to switch the accounts over to a gmail address?

Thanks!

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for accepting me into the community! I was a chronic lurker on the old forum despite having an account. I aim to be fully involved here. :) It's a great place already.

Status
Not open for further replies.