Open Registrations and a Huge Milestone... 100,000 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
Very happy to transfer over after 8 years of membership at the old site; hopeful that we can establish a welcoming community of informed and civil discussion of the hobby we all care so much about.

Hello folks! I'm new to this community entirely; I was not a member of the old forum. I'm more of a retro game collector, so I was out of the current gen for nearly a decade now. I picked up a Switch last week, and I've been itching to meet more Switch players. :) But at this point in 2017, the only community I can put my trust in is one that's willing to actively disavow vile behaviour. So, cheers for that, ResetEra! Hope to meet people soon.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Lurked the previous site for around nine years but never made the jump to signing up. With this great community developing here it seemed like the perfect time to get in on the ground floor and contribute in some way. Thanks to the admins and mods for their hard work.

Oct 27, 2017
Huge thanks to the staff, mods, and community for making this place possible! I'm excited for the future of this site and I am so glad to be a part of it.

Thanks again guys/gals! ^_^

Biw

Oct 28, 2017
Was a lurker at the old place for close to 10 years. Looking forward to being able to contribute to this site. Thanks for the approval.

And it's my birthday. Yay, me.

Oct 29, 2017
Texas
Hello! Thanks for the approval! I stalked the old joint for a few years, then eventually became a member for a few more, but I only had a few hundred posts (mostly in a B/S/T thread).

I think it's wonderful that 20,000+ members have already signed up here. Not just because of the number itself but because of what it means. The old barn is still standing, and the community over there is certainly larger. It would've been much easier (logistically speaking) for most of us to sweep what happened under the rug and continue using what was safe and familiar, but we didn't do that. I know some members here will be brand new, but many thousands of us chose to leave for a new, better community run by better people.

It's a great thing to see and I look forward to being a more active member of this community.

Oct 29, 2017
Japan
Just had my account approved here after a short spell at the old place. Big thanks to the guy who helped me get over. Life saver!

Glad to be here and looking forward to talking with you all!

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a lurker for 10 years in the other forum. I'm happy to be here now and hopefully I'll be more active this time around.

Wow the amount of topics here is huge. I don't even know where to start. I really need to know how to subscribe first.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for approving my account so quickly, I was expecting it to take longer than 5 minutes. It's nice to be here after the...other place...fell apart.

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for approving my account! Glad to be here with you all and thanks to the mods and admins for the hard work. I was active on the other forum and plan to be here as well!

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you everyone and a very special thanks to all those who do heavy lifting.

I´m glad to be a part of this great community now, even though i have just been reading the last several years without registering, it kinda feels like home.

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm very happy to be a member here. The forum looks great and the level of forum activity is fascinating. Feels good to be a part of such a passionate community.

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks to the amazing team for this incredibly smooth and fast transition! The work needed to pull this off must have been crazy.
Merci also for the quick approval so I can seemlessly go from lurking on G*F to lurking and enjoying on ERA.
Again, fantastic work!

ivb

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for accepting me in your community!

I am looking forward to be a good member of ResetERA as much as I think this will be the welcoming place we all have in mind ^^

Kudos to the admins and mods that made this possible in such a short span of time.

Oct 29, 2017
Hi! Thank you for the quick approval. It must have been hard work getting this set up as quickly as you did, amazing!

I was a lurker on the other forum for many years but never signed up for it. Feels good to be part of a new ERA.

Oct 27, 2017
Just wondering if after being a full member on the old site since 2011, if I have to still go through the Junior process even though I linked to my old account when it asked me for it during registration. If I do, no worries, but just wondering what the process is.

Drexion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wondering what the process is.
Only those who got in via discord invites on the first couple days skipped junior status. You'll need to wait 2 months+100 posts to have Member status. (your status is hidden, everyone will still see "Member" on their posts no matter what)

Oct 28, 2017
Hello, and thanks for the approval! I've been a lurker for a few years, this is the first time I actually joined a forum. Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, approval went much faster than I expected.

I mostly lurked in the old days, but I want to be more involved now. This site is off to an amazing start!

Status
Not open for further replies.