Open Registrations and a Huge Milestone... 100,000 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Britannia
Thank you for the approval. I was on Gaf for a good few years but never posted enough to graduate from Junior level. However with the excitement and positivity shown on this site since it’s inception I’m really looking forwards to contributing a ton more. Thanks again!

Oct 30, 2017
It's great to see the new community here on ResetEra doing so well! The new forum looks and feels great, especially now with the v1.1 update. I already like it a lot.

In the old forums I was just a lurker for almost 2 years... I'm not a great poster. But I'd like to try changing that a bit, starting with this post. This site somehow has a welcoming effect on me haha.

What I like most about the (now ResetEra) community are the well informing OTs and review threads for new game releases, the compact gaming news and insider infos, the awesome screenshot threads and even seeing some devs and journalists posting here. A big thanks to all the great members contributing to this.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Hello everyone! Finally I was able to join this amazing community.

Been lurking around the other forum for quite some time, but never got my account approved.

Many thanks for the approval and you've done an amazing job with resetera. Kudos guys :)

Oct 29, 2017
I'd just like to say hello to everyone. I lurked on the old place for over a decade to keep tabs on gaming news. Most recently the Retropie thread helped me build a gift for my father's birthday so he could enjoy his retirement with old favorites like Tetris, Kid Icarus and Battle City. I'd wanted to log in and thank some of the regulars for their posts but then things went really crazy. I'm overjoyed to see what has been built here in such a short time!

Oct 27, 2017
I got caught up in all the Yahoo e-mail shenanigans but thanks to some help from the admins they got my account sorted and I'm here to stay. I never posted much in the "old place"; I was a junior from when I joined in 2014 to now. I hope to post here a lot more and everything I've seen has been very impressive. Hope to see you all around for many years to come!

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way someone could give me thread creation privileges? As far as I can tell, I can't make new threads. I was registered on GAF for 3 1/2 years with right at 3,300 posts. No bans.

Apologies if there was a more suitable thread to request this in.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way someone could give me thread creation privileges? As far as I can tell, I can't make new threads. I was registered on GAF for 3 1/2 years with right at 3,300 posts. No bans.

Apologies if there was a more suitable thread to request this in.
You are most likely a junior at the moment like me. I think after 2 months and over 200 posts you get full membership priveliges including making threads. Only the discord first 10K members on special invite are full members as it stands.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, okay. I missed out on the discord servers and initial migration to this forum. I'll have to work towards it then.
Same. They aren't marking anyone with the junior status to try and stop the elitism that other sites have on looking down on new people which is why you may not have realised :)

Oct 29, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Thank you for accepting my registration. I couldn't be happier for never had my attempt of registration on the [you know what] forum approved. It's still there to be approved actually, for over a year or more but I even deleted the email because I couldn't care less now.

Got to say that there's been a long time since I seen a forum layout so simple, pretty and specially user friendly. So, thumbs up guys, lets build a great community.

Ouji

Oct 31, 2017
Hey everybody, I hope this is gonna be a nice place for some interesting gaming discussions (even though I still need to get used to the "new" colors hehe) . ^-^

Oct 28, 2017
EU
Lots of former lurkers being active here as it seems, myself included. I'm thinking about the numbers, how many registered users would be considered a success?

Oct 27, 2017
You’ll give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you.

They will stumble, they will fall.

But in time, they will join you in the sun

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations on such an overwhelmingly successful start.

So far, to me at least, the atmosphere here have been very positive and friendly.

Oct 29, 2017
Hi everyone, made the jump over as there seems to be much more buzz here and the Hearthstone community is here that I am used to participating in.

Just a small thing, is there any chance of having a feature to disable avatars but leave images in threads in place? I mostly read at work and getting rid of the avatars would be really helpful lol! I know there is an option to remove images, but it also removes the images in the content of the thread which are often essential in order to follow the thread, whereas avatars are not and are ever-present rather than occasional.

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations on such an overwhelmingly successful start.

So far, to me at least, the atmosphere here have been very positive and friendly.
I argued with you more than a few times under another account name on Gaf, but don't misunderstand, I'm glad to see you! Welcome to Resetera!

Oct 25, 2017
I argued with you more than a few times under another account name on Gaf, but don't misunderstand, I'm glad to see you! Welcome to Resetera!
Thank you, and welcome yourself!

I don't remember arguing with anyone by your name on GAF to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.