Open Registrations and a Huge Milestone... 100,000 Posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iris

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for approving me. Funny thing is I tried to register for the old forums ages ago but never figured out how to create a paid email with my ISP. I only just got around to actually making a paid email after the fact of what happened. For the better, perhaps? Not that I even needed to register with a paid email, or am I incorrect about that?

mael

Nov 3, 2017
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
1st post in the new ERA! So glad I'll be able to rejoin the community I was in for so long!

Congrats to Cerium and everyone for making this place!
Even before I was able to register I was able to quickly see the improvements and changes that you could make with more recent software.
It's going to be glorious when dark theme comes!
Keep up the good work!

Nov 2, 2017
Man, feels good to be approved finally, took a while. I’m late but congrats to anyone involved with the launch, you guys really did an awesome job.

Nov 4, 2017
I never registered for the old forum, but I visited it every single day for like 10+ years. It’s going to feel really weird for awhile to actually post and interact with the community now, after being only an observer for that long. Thanks a bunch for approving me.

Nov 4, 2017
This isn't the first forum I'm apart of that has usernames below avatars yet it comes off as weird somehows... >.>

Hellos! An super thanks again to Finale Fireworker for all the help gettin' myself an others in here!

atarisegabox

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Spain
First time posting here. Is there a thread for presentations/introductions?

I never registered for the old forum, but I visited it every single day for like 10+ years. It’s going to feel really weird for awhile to actually post and interact with the community now, after being only an observer for that long. Thanks a bunch for approving me.
Me too :)

Nov 1, 2017
Hello everyone, I just got approved and I wanted to say erm... Hi!

I have enjoyed reading posts from many of your folks for years. I lurked on "the other place" for many years, fairly recently I decided there were a few threads (Crash, Destiny 2) I would like to contribute to so signed up. I was approved about 2 weeks before the recent events and in the end I decided that I might not want to post there after all... plus I suspect most of the community I wanted to be apart of is now here.

I appreciate getting my account approved! I expected to be in for a long wait!

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This isn't the first forum I'm apart of that has usernames below avatars yet it comes off as weird somehows... >.>

Hellos! An super thanks again to Finale Fireworker for all the help gettin' myself an others in here!
:) There will hopefully be at least one more of you today.

This feels like a good opportunity to blast again: anyone stuck on the old forum with no one to talk to and no way to apply here, my old account is still open. PM me and I will help you. You are not alone.

Likewise, anyone here with friends left behind and no way to reach them, I will relay messages for you. People are more likely to join when they know they are missed!

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
These numbers are just unreal, I said earlier that I believe a viable user amount for a lively forum is 10% of the old place, so around 20K users, ones who are active. We are already way past it, and the activity proves that the theory is true.

One thing that is particularly noteworthy is that an average member has posted 23 times here within a week or two. I believe this is an indication that the most active members moved here, which is great for the community.

Congrats!

Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys! Well i finally made it over from gaf. Had to use my girlfriends work email because i stopped using the one i had for gaf ages ago(hope thats okay).

Feel kinda bad that i wasnt able to get in sooner as i have been on gaf since 2005 and while it was sad to see it implode i feel really good about this place. Seeing all these familliar names already makes it feel like coming home!

eot

Oct 26, 2017
So how come I have to wait 2 months to post threads but other people can already when the site hasnt been open for more then a few weeks?
There was a grace period where vetted members of the community could register as full members prior to the start of open registration.

Oct 27, 2017
I have been a member of NeoGAF since 2002 but did not register under my old username because I wanted to change my name. Can I still get an original poster tag or is it too late and is it because I changed my username? I can screenshot or let a mod login my old account to prove I have an old account to prove it but if its too late for all that its not a big deal. As a minority, I don't post on NeoGAF anymore after all that drama and am also okay with starting all over with the noobs.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I have been a member of NeoGAF since 2002 but did not register under my old username because I wanted to change my name. Can I still get an original poster tag or is it too late and is it because I changed my username? I can screenshot or let a mod login my old account to prove I have an old account to prove it but if its too late for all that its not a big deal. As a minority, I don't post on NeoGAF anymore after all that drama and am also okay with starting all over with the noobs.
There is a bit of a misunderstanding, Original Poster tag is just a special tag for the OP of the thread, it changes based on the thread. There is no special badge for people who were originally on NeoGAF.

Oct 27, 2017
There is a bit of a misunderstanding, Original Poster tag is just a special tag for the OP of the thread, it changes based on the thread. There is no special badge for people who were originally on NeoGAF.
oh ok. how do I get thread making privileges like the other ex neogaf posters then?

Nov 7, 2017
Finally here after drifting in space for 2 weeks.

In all seriousness, this place is pretty amazing. Less than 24 hours to get approved, forum features that were long overdue, openness and transparency from the admins and mods, positive vibe from all the members.

Everyone who had a hand in putting this together should be proud. I can only imagine the amount of work and coordination it took to get this up and running so smoothly in such a short time.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
Woah, I'm in! Had issues getting verified because Verizon only allows 160 characters in email-to-text, and couldn't see the verification code. Thanks a million Finale Fireworker, you rock!! :)

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all. Not sure where to post this question, so I'll just ask here. Now that I've registered, with my work email address, can I change my email address to one I actually use for personal stuff (ie gmail)? If I try to edit contact details, I just get a message saying that host is banned. And if it is possible, who do I contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.