• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
What a disaster, it's worse than I could ever imagine. I never expected they'd cut some of the most iconic pokemon like Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Only having 400 Pokemon is utterly disappointing. They are rightfully going to be blasted for this going forward and it's well deserved.
Im glad I got Mawile and Aegislash at least but damn does GF suck. I hope the cuts are justified somehow, but I really really doubt it.

Hoping there's an extended DEX after and it is expanded beyond 400 lol.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Screen_Shot_2019-04-22_at_12.03.08_PM.jpg
Fuuuuuuck. Rest well, my friend. 😢

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they have to give people some reason to buy the Diamond & Pearl remakes.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Honestly, if I had a switch this would be enough to kill my hype. Good number of my favourites ain't even here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
No Hawlucha either.

How many new Pokémon are there in all in this game?

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it's anything I learned about Pokemon recently, it opened my eyes there are fans for literally every Pokemon. This thread kinda shows at least a part of that.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shuckle is the only one of my favourites to make it.

Can't believe that the Charmander line is the only starter to make the cut. Fuck Charizard worship.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Let's see, my five favorite Pokemon lines are:

Arcanine - Made it
Ampharos - Cut
Empoleon - Cut
Flygon - Made it
Mamoswine - Made it

50-60% of Pokemon didn't make it, so my 60% that did is better than average, I guess.

EDIT: Also, the new Pokemon are mostly pretty cool but these games are more than just a list of new designs. They are supposed to be a full package. There haven't been this few Pokemon in a game since the games were on fugging Gameboy Advance lol

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
520 cuts. That's the total number if I did my maths right. That's 63% of Pokémon banished to the shadow realm.

At least we got HD towns I guess

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, goodbye Garchomp...

on the other hand, friendship with Garchomp OVER, Dragapult is my new best friend

but in a much more real sense, goodbye Minior 😔

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Sad for some of my faves like Altaria , Ampharos, Absol, Starmie, Empoleon, Blastoise, Decidueye :(. I'm sure there's more I can't remember right now

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect my fave Porygon to make the cut but it sucks to have it confirmed. What was the point of Let's Go if even the original 151 couldn't make it into the next game?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Since the original Pokemon Blue game, I've always ensured I had my trusty Blastoise with me to complete the game.

That's... going to be a very bitter pill to swallow to not have him along for this journey.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
No Venusaur or Blastoise hurts more than I thought it would...but my boy Talonflame...WHY MUST YOU BE IGNORED SO MUCH.
TALONFLAME FOR LIFE, FUCK YOU GAME FREAK

Arcanine being IN makes the sting a little bit better BUT STILL FUCK YOU GAMEFREAK BECAUSE NO GOLDUCK

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Damn! Out of 400 Pokémon I only recognize about 25 of them. I think I'll just wait for Let's Go Eevee or Pikachu to go on sale. Kinda makes me sad :(

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
No Ekans. Jim Sterling 0/10 confirmed.

Final-Galar-checklist.png

No, we didn't get anything

This is horrifying actually, lol.

Some gen 1 omissions are weird as fuck since they already have the models from Let's Go, I wonder if they didn't include all of them because they would be accused of gen 1 bias.

But man, some gen 2 omissions are killing me :(

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I guess they have to give people some reason to buy the Diamond & Pearl remakes.
But the remake will have its own cuts, so we'll never have a game with all our favorites.

Also the Sinnoh dex sucks. Really badly. Like it's the worst regional dex in the series. Not that the Sinnoh Pokemon are fine, but I mean in terms of variation of types and availability.