• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Haha, we're back!

So after looking at some gameplay, the game still looks like it could be good if not great.

Do we have an idea of how many new pokemon there are though?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I had to break the news to a friend that Absol was snapped and her response was "What?!? But it has a mega-evolution!"

Oh... oh no. The normies that aren't desensitized to the Game Freak cycle aren't going to be happy about this are they?

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Have any of these leaks shown which pokemon are exclusive to each game? I've read through them here and on reddit but haven't seen it

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I had to break the news to a friend that Absol was snapped and her response was "What?!? But it has a mega-evolution!"

Oh... oh no. The normies that aren't desensitized to the Game Freak cycle aren't going to be happy about this are they?
My girlfriend's favorite Pokemon is Mawile (largely because of its mega) and one of my friends' favorite Pokemon is Pidgeot (and he absolutely loves Mega Pidgeot and made a spot for it in every game it was available in, even going as far as finding a shiny Pidgey at the beginning of LGPE.)
People don't realize how much Megas changed peoples' opinions of Pokemon, and now those unique things are gone.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

There will 100% be another round of backlash once the total dex number gets spread

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I think I'm the most baffled that Qwilfish is here without even getting another form or evo

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
No Chikorita is some BS. Literally my favorite Pokémon and I assume that's true for most plant people.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It's nuts to me how bad the Shinx line gets it. It hasn't been in a regional dex since Platinum 10 years ago. After the DP remakes it will probably go back to never being in any regional dexes.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Official Staff Communication
Discussions on the national dex and what pokemon are and aren't included in Sword / Shield are encouraged. Lazy Dev Rhetoric and hostility towards other members will be actioned harshly.

Thanks. Hopefully the Dexiters come here and let the other people have their spoiler/datamine thread.

It's nuts to me how bad the Shinx line gets it. It hasn't been in a regional dex since Platinum 10 years ago. After the DP remakes it will probably go back to never being in any regional dexes.

My favorite Electric type. :(

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would like to personally lead the charge to put out Charizard's flame.

FOREVER!

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
No muk bums me out, especially after it got the really cool Aloha variant. I honestly probably skipping this for the inevitable sequel/updated version next year that adds more pokemon back and other additions.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
If the game was delayed to prevent this from happening, would you guys have been okay with that?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
This is my feeling too. There are millions of consumers with no idea what's about to happen.
Imagine that it was like with Sun / Moon and all the other Pokémon that are not catchable in the game were later introduced with Pokémon Home in 2020.

Do you really think that so many people wait months and months to take their Pokémon to the new version and play with them?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
tbh It actually makes sense to me that all the other starters (charizard aside) got cut...makes it easier for the new ones to shine, regardless of your opinion on the design

dunno if I support it or not but it makes sense to me

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I do wonder where the usual suspects are.

60% of the Pokémon cut. Only 400 in the Dex. No postgame, no graphical improvements since the demos
tumblr_p97o7ue1Xi1rdfwwzo10_500.gif

What if the game is still good

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So it's confirmed it won't go over the 400?

no bulbasaur :( I've managed to have one in every Pokemon I've played either through the game or trading. Rip

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I don't think a delay would be necessary. It's obviously a chosen decision to increase marketability of future releases.
I meant more so to have planned the game to come out next year, rather than delaying the game now/a few months ago.
Yearly releases suck and more dev time is almost always a good thing. The game does look good so it's sad seeing something as damaging as this happening.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
tbh It actually makes sense to me that all the other starters (charizard aside) got cut...makes it easier for the new ones to shine, regardless of your opinion on the design

dunno if I support it or not but it makes sense to me
Agreed. I really disliked how Gen 6 gives you the Kanto starters like 10 minutes after you get your Kalos starters, it's like they didnt even give them a chance to shine