• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
remember when so few people were expecting only 400 pokemon that people believed an anonymous 4chan post for over 24 hours

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it another messed up part is that both the upcoming Anime and TCG Sword and Shield sets are already featuring Pokemon that are not obtainable in the game.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Thinking about it another messed up part is that both the upcoming Anime and TCG Sword and Shield sets are already featuring Pokemon that are not obtainable in the game.

tbf it feels like the anime doing that is completely intentional

"maybe they wont be as upset if we show their favorite pokemon in the show at least"

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Right, so now we can say any old bollocks because it may end up true in the end and then we can go "Hah, gotcha" at people who were trying to say there was no evidence of it?

Yeesh

Yeah you just can't come over here after months of accusing those who thought it would be 50%+ (a logical guess) of "spreading misinformation"

And pull a "Why is everyone so mad? You expected it would be like this, why are you surprised?"

Like c'mon. It's the fact that you keep downplaying and downplaying no matter what development, even in a "mourning thread" what everyone is fed up with.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah you just can't come over here after months of accusing those who thought it would be 50%+ (a logical guess) of "spreading misinformation"

And pull a "Why is everyone so mad? You expected it would be like this, why are you surprised?"

Like c'mon. It's the fact that you keep downplaying and downplaying no matter what development, even in a "mourning thread" what everyone is fed up with.
No, I not once said it to anyone speculating or saying "I think".

I said it to people who made absolute statements.

Don't twist how things are

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
This sucks for people that like to use old mons, i always imagined how great it was to pick from a vast selection, but the last time i played a pkmn game i just sticked to the ones in the national dex, then got tired by the time i finished the story and never got around to doing my dream team.

My guess is that we will have all the pokemons on an extra pokemon online game down the line, no story just battles like pokemon stadium.

Can I complain about Pokemon that did make it in? :P

Galarian Strunfisk is a waste of a spot that could have gone to almost anything else.

Waste of space when we could have a
Galarian Dunsparce, or an evo of it... will have to wait for a mesoamerican based pokemon with it evolving into quetzalcoatl (feathered serpent)

Last edited:

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, could you imagine if they had successfully kept the cuts completely under wraps until the games came out? If people think the reaction is overblown now with it having been spread out through multiple months. Finding out about it on release day? Hoo boy, I think the Pokemon community would have become an exploding nuke the likes of we have never seen LOL. It's probably for the best that it happened this way, even if it still sucks.

Masamist

Banned
Jul 14, 2019
Serebii's original prediction was between 350-500, I can recall it.
In recent time since the number of pkm officially revealed is closed to 3 hundred and he was expecting around 88 new pokemon, he increased his prediction to 400-500.

So you can say he played pretty safe, but you can't call him hypocritical .

On the other hand, I don't recall may people predicting a dex number around 400. I dunno if Serebii is referring specifically to people of his discord or poll in his forum.

But the general expection was at least 500-550. Especially after a weird calculation on the number of pages of the pokedex guide. And many people were ok with this.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Also note: The list that has been out doesn't include Mew. Mew is in the game. There may be others. Let's not take the list as absolute just yet. We always felt between 400 and 500 was the most likely number. Just have to look at past posts here to see that, now it's found to be that number I'm a bit surprised at the blowback again.

Also, Jesus christ, why have I even been attacked here?

I had already apologised and instantly removed that post the moment I was made aware of the history of that phrase. Note I am autistic myself (It's probably bloody obvious by my site) so screw off with that sort of BS. It wasn't to mock everyone who had a problem with the cuts either. You're pushing a false narrative here
You always manage to find a way to be 'surprised' by criticism of Gamefreak.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Competitive will be trash.

Can you Imagine if after all these cuts the game ends up being unbalanced competitively...
source.gif

giphy.gif

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I guess I can ask here and someone will have the answer; is it still possible to exchange exclusive pokemons between versions? Asking for my daughter *cough*

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So like, if the Pokémon really aren't in SwSh's data, that means players won't be able to battle one another within the same generation. Players would have to buy the DP remakes if they want to play with their friends... and the games are priced at $60 now which of course brings in more revenue for TPCi...

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So like, if the Pokémon really aren't in SwSh's data, that means players won't be able to battle one another within the same generation. Players would have to buy the DP remakes if they want to play with their friends... and the games are priced at $60 now which of course brings in more revenue for TPCi...
makes you wonder if all of their constantly changing and inconsistent excuses were total bs and they just want more money

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
they can, like, patch the game?

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if TPCi gave them more time to develop maybe? Shift the TCG, anime, etc around. Sometimes I wonder if it'd be easier if GF stuck with designing Pokemon/humans characters only and another dev gave mainline Pokemon a try.

I honestly don't believe it's a time issue, if it was a time issue they wouldn't commit to this being a thing going forward, it's more of a new design philosophy, one that doesn't hold a lot of weight for some people.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Surely patching Pokemon from the next game back into these would be pretty easy right?

But anyway, this all happened before back on the GBA, dunno why everyone thinks this is a brand new thing.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they can, like, patch the game?
We'll see. Game Freak has never done that before, and they're adamant about not adding in the older mon.
Surely patching Pokemon from the next game back into these would be pretty easy right?

But anyway, this all happened before back on the GBA, dunno why everyone thinks this is a brand new thing.
Back then, the data for all those Pokemon were already in the game. With the release of FRLG and Emerald (along with the Gamecube titles) you can still catch em all. That's not the case here.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
They don't want to. If your favorite isn't in the game, tough shit, buy their next game and it might be in it. Don't forget to transfer all your Pokemon into HOME and pay the subscription fee going forward unless you want to keep all of your Pokemon in different Switch games.

I bet they'll add some missing ones but lock it behind the 60 dollar 'revision'.
Oh sure, and probably rotate the ones that are in out lol.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scariest part about it is that fans don't know which game will contain their favorite mon until they buy. If you want a Squirtle and it's not in next year's game, you're out of luck.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
The scariest part about it is that fans don't know which game will contain their favorite mon until they buy. If you want a Squirtle and it's not in next year's game, you're out of luck.

Not to stan for GF, but you don't 'have' to buy the games right away - the regional dex will, likely as not, 'leak'/be released before too long, assuming this is the new standard going forward.

You'd have more of an argument if it was based around for paying for Pokemon Home for an undetermined amount for an indeterminate amount of time until you get lucky and GF puts your faves back into a different regional dex.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Not to stan for GF, but you don't 'have' to buy the games right away - the regional dex will, likely as not, 'leak'/be released before too long, assuming this is the new standard going forward.

You'd have more of an argument if it was based around for paying for Pokemon Home for an undetermined amount for an indeterminate amount of time until you get lucky and GF puts your faves back into a different regional dex.

Not everyone follows leaks and datamines

Oct 25, 2017

i dont think we need a devil's advocate for this particular situation, because not everyone follows leaks, or datamines. we do because this is an enthusiast forum.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Having all fighters* in Smash Ultimate is a once in a lifetime event, don't expect it to return for the game. Plus comprise had to be made as the single player element of the game took a massive hit. Furthermore Smash can easily afford being delayed whereas Pokémon can't due it being a multimedia IP.

*Technically it is not all fighters, as Twilight Princess and by extension Ocarina of time Link got cut didn't return.