• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So, umm. Hi there.

If you recognize me, you may be aware that I don't really like playing RPGs, so I'm in a kinda unknown territory here.

I am somewhat confused by the selection of mons presented in the OP. Now Joe seems to have the idea that quite a few entries are actually missing, but for the sake of argument let's suppose that's what we have.

Now let's say that I choose which mons get in, but numbers stay similar. My first idea is to focus on final stages of evolution chains. So, for example, cut Charmeleon and Charmander, include Blastoise and Venusaur. Would that make things better or worse?

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
So, umm. Hi there.

If you recognize me, you may be aware that I don't really like playing RPGs, so I'm in a kinda unknown territory here.

I am somewhat confused by the selection of mons presented in the OP. Now Joe seems to have the idea that quite a few entries are actually missing, but for the sake of argument let's suppose that's what we have.

Now let's say that I choose which mons get in, but numbers stay similar. My first idea is to focus on final stages of evolution chains. So, for example, cut Charmeleon and Charmander, include Blastoise and Venusaur. Would that make things better or worse?

I'd say worse for a long list of reasons. Breeding would be all kinds of messed up being the biggest.

In regards to at least the first gen starters they all should have been there since they were a set. Adding at least them and Mewtwo to the Dex would have gone a long way.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, umm. Hi there.

Worse. That would eliminate breeding, making it needlesly difficult to get multiplayer ready Pokemon.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What the fuck?
Who picked these?

How do fan favourites like scizor get cut but bloody hoothoot get in?

No Bulbasaur, Abra or ampharos lines?
Fliptable.Gif

Aug 13, 2019
I'm so happy Vikavolt, Mimikyu, Flygon, Haunter, and Chandelure are in. To bad Mareep, Shinx, Weedle, Gible, Scyther, and Zorua got the axe. I'll miss them the most.

Edit: And damn that dragon wanna-be! At least give me Blastoise, too!

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EJeT72M.png

Bulba who?

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the only thing that would have made the image funnier is if all instances of 'Pokemon' was replaced with Charizard.

We have 20, 274 articles on a range of Charizard-related topics.

September 18: Charmeleon evolution Charizard revealed

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Meowth gets multiple new forms despite having two last gen, continues to be a recurring anime character. Charizard gets all the blame.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
well, two as in the evolution was new too. This time its got a bit more than that. The last time Charizard really got special game related stuff was mega evolutions in 2013? Unless you count the ride Pokemon thing

It's also that he's the Champion's ace Pokemon in this game.

Meowth's new form is great and funny though at least.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol currently riding the Yamanote Line in Tokyo and the Sword and Shield advertisement shows every old handheld and their generations and how you can have them in Sword and Shield lol

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Remember when Charizard tanked all of Greninja's attacks after tanking all of Pikachu's because the writers said so?

Yeah. Charizard wanking is a thing. See also: Sasuke Uchiha.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Charizard tanked all of Greninja's attacks after tanking all of Pikachu's because the writers said so?

Yeah. Charizard wanking is a thing. See also: Sasuke Uchiha.

Funnily enough in the actual games, Mega Charizard X can be a big issue for some Greninja sets (mainly, not Torrent + Sun Waterium Z ones, or ones with Rock Tomb). Mega Charizard X has pretty decent bulk, way better than the frail Greninja, so that thing winning 1v1 vs Greninja is not unheard of :P.

Not that I disagree mind you! Funnily enough, if Gigantamax formes dont have different stats beyond HP (very possible), the fanwank for Charizard might be useless anyways, because Dynamax Charizard might be better than Gigantamax Charizard due to setting up sun being really useful lol.

Losing megas seriously hurts Charizard, like far more than giving it a Gigantamax forme can likely solve.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
:'D

That said, I do actually think those threads are kind of nice. And while yeah, you're probably not going to see "we love you EA!" posts on the front page of Resetera... I can tell you personally that there's fanmail places sometimes receive, and they do put that shit up on the wall. Sure they might be saccharine sweet, and they might seem a bit too much like corporate apologia at times but it's still nice to hear people touched or impacted positively by something you made, you know?

More on-topic, I'm honestly just kind of bummed about this entire thing. I feel sad about the pokemon that won't be present, I feel sad for the employees, I feel sad for all the people that wanted to be really stoked about this game but can't, I feel sad for the folks that feel under attack because they plan on buying and enjoying the game. I'm kind of at the bargaining phase I think, lol, where I'm just like... "come on, if you just add Greninja I'll get it. Please. I desperately want to like this game. Don't do me like this."

and then someone comes out with "hey, I can't find the GTS" and once again, I am bummed.

I don't really mind positivity in a vacuum. But this isn't that. This just seems like people getting offended that their favorite company is taking a little heat and feel the need to defend a game company that doesn't need to be defended. In about 6 days these games are going to make millions of dollars and the Internet will be inundated with posts of people enjoying the game. I think until then, GF will survive taking some heat.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really mind positivity in a vacuum. But this isn't that. This just seems like people getting offended that their favorite company is taking a little heat and feel the need to defend a game company that doesn't need to be defended. In about 6 days these games are going to make millions of dollars and the Internet will be inundated with posts of people enjoying the game. I think until then, GF will survive taking some heat.
Well we now have a thread thanking them for making and selling us video games. ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
If the GTS really is gone I can't wait for people to start inundating us with lines telling us it doesn't matter because everyone just asked for legendaries or unobtainable pokemon or some shit like that while ignoring that it is invaluable for anyone trying to complete their dex
Crazy thing is that people don't realize that if you put up a reasonable trade, you'll usually get it within an hour or two.

No one is going to give you a Victini for your unverified Ditto.

Nov 15, 2018
Wait, the GTS was a way to evolve trade pokemon like Machoke to Machamp without relying on someone else as long as you had a 2nd game or another switch account. Is that no longer possible?

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Well we now have a thread thanking them for making and selling us video games. ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯
The whole "thank you Gamefreak" thing on Twitter baffles me. No other developer would ever get so much support for removing a huge part of people's enjoyment of a game.

I understand harassment goes way to far but at the end of the day the people against Dexit only want a better more complete game.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
The whole "thank you Gamefreak" thing on Twitter baffles me. No other developer would ever get so much support for removing a huge part of people's enjoyment of a game.

I understand harassment goes way to far but at the end of the day the people against Dexit only want a better more complete game.
Some people are grateful for what they have and want to thank a developer who has given them years of joy and entertainment.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
While I'm not okay with a lot of decisions made by Gamefreak over the years, what's done for SwSh was when I couldn't really accept it anymore. However, SwSh is done, what we learned from the leaks and eventual datamine will be it. All we can do is hope they adjust going forward with HD development. Afterall they went from sprites, to 3D models and now HD assets in a relatively short time. SwSh is clearly going to be the growing phase game. Doesn't help the Pokemon CEO had no confidence in the Switch awhile back.

I'm getting this game for free via cousin since I have no interest in buying the game with my own money and he needs a trading partner. Especially with the possibility of no GTS. For me personally, if Gamefreak could get past "developing a handheld experience on a console mentality" and actually scale Pokemon in battle like the Genius Sonority games, I'd be a bit more okay with the dex cut since it would show me actual improvement to the main component I like in these games. Battles. Seeing Pokemon so closely confined in such large areas, even when not Dynamaxed just gives me 3DS vibes. I don't care about some Curry dex, easily would have traded that for following Pokemon.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Some people are grateful for what they have and want to thank a developer who has given them years of joy and entertainment.
I'm grateful for that as well but that hashtag has become more of a anti #BringBackNationalDex than a well meant gesture.

As long as people stay civil in their behavior posting a #BringBackNationalDex on reaction on Twitter does not hurt anyone.

It can be annoying when you live in a hype bubble but if there hadn't been such a outcry nothing would have changed going forward.

Now at least there is still a chance Gamefreak will change their way going forward.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Who we'll get: Omega Force
Who I want: PlatinumGames
Who I really want: Toby Fox
They should use Toby Fox for a new eShop Demake/Remake series that is single player only for older fans. Have a series of classic style HD sprite games that work in their continuity with a continuous storyline and the ability to transfer over pokemon game to game with a new RPG turn based system.
HA.
I mean the writing was on the wall with PGL closing, we should have seen it sooner.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game Freak makes fun games and Sword and Shield looks like another in a long line of really high quality RPGs from them. Who cares if people want to show appreciation for that?