• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
There's literally no way this happens

The only time skip we will get is how long it will take Sansa and Jon to travel back up north

Of course it doesn't happen. We have the leaks. I am just asking a hypothetical.

Good people, who have been cursed with knowledge and already seen the finale, did Cersei and Jaime really both die from the falling debris? That's all I want know

No mention of them for the final episode leak. Assume they're dead.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Of course it doesn't happen. We have the leaks. I am just asking a hypothetical.

Got it.

Well, I wouldn't say it doesn't happen for sure, it's just unlikely. Leaks wouldn't be able to determine a minor timeskip such as couple months - 1 year. People also forget we have sightings of the Red Keep/Throne Room being painted white so there's might be some kind of skip in regards to Brans rule in the episode.

As for would it make it better? No? Why should it? Dany deserves to die after the last episode no question. And it's in Jon's character to see it through. The problem with this whole plot line was merely the fact we probably should have had another episode before 5 and after 4 to have Dany slowly crumble and deal with her losses.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That secret last scene with Jon and Tormund should be:

Jon walks up to Tormund in the forest area we saw at the start of episode 1. He catches Tormund setting body parts in a strange pattern. Tormund turns around and is shocked. Jon says "But how? You fought alongside me against them? How are they back??" Tormund replies "Ah but Jon, you forgot to pet your dog and he got very mad. He told me to do it". Cuts to a shot of Ghost whose eyes turn blue. Tormund stabs Jon fatally while giving him a loving embrace: "We just kind of forgot about satisfying conclusions. Now your watch has ended....Jon Crow".

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is not Dany going mad, is speeding the process in a way that makes no sense. Yes, we know that Targs can get crazy but up till 2 episodes ago, Dany has made pretty sensible decisions (only really hurting those who opposed her) and that all other characters in the story have made similar ones.

They could have developed the story from her distrusting Varys a bit longer and that creating a wider level of paranoia with 1 or 2 more episodes, with her distrust for her small council increasing (as they had already failed her hard). But her "mad Dany" turn had less development than Aegon the mad king. It is just another case of D&D taking the ending notes that GRRM told them without addressing well how they got there. You can also see it in other parts of this season:
  • How Euron kills Rhaegal so easily (with weapons that in the next episode were useless). Euron probably uses ancient magic to do this (or to subdue him).
  • How the Golden Company has no real reason to be in KL, as they could have easily used other troops, as Danny's army should have been depleated by the Night King. They are probably just there cause the battle is between fAegon and Danny and it shows how useless even elite troops are against dragons.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
avK6LZ4.jpg
Hope the Hound has a bonfire nearby, because he will die alot.

As long as he practiced Area Transition Clipping and Fall Control Quitout he'll do fine on this speedrun.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Got it.

Well, I wouldn't say it doesn't happen for sure, it's just unlikely. Leaks wouldn't be able to determine a minor timeskip such as couple months - 1 year. People also forget we have sightings of the Red Keep/Throne Room being painted white so there's might be some kind of skip in regards to Brans rule in the episode.

As for would it make it better? No? Why should it? Dany deserves to die after the last episode no question. And it's in Jon's character to see it through. The problem with this whole plot line was merely the fact we probably should have had another episode before 5 and after 4 to have Dany slowly crumble and deal with her losses.

Since they are going for a parallel with her father, they could use the timeskip to establish her growing into a full-on crazed dictator like he was. I haven't been a fan of Dany's rushed 180° so far, and for her to straight up keep executing people already still seems too extreme for me. A timeskip that ends with her having been pushed to that point and doing it then would seem more sensible to me. Of course the show hasn't been sensible so far, so I don't expect it will be in its final either.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's never threatened to burn innocents just those who hurts them. There was a way to show the brutality of her actions but they didn't they had her easily win THEN go mad. It was terrible on every level

I'm going to disagree, but that's not to say you're wrong. I just saw things differently when I watched it.

I think her problem is that she doesn't empathize with people... she judges them in broad strokes as it relates to her own place in society. She's a big proponent of collective punishment. She punished all Masters for the crucifixion of the slaves, even the ones who spoke out and tried to stop it., famously. She also learned that overturning the old system so suddenly hurts many of the folks she claims to help.

So, what exactly is an innocent? I think back to the Lannister soldiers we met. (Look at the attempt, not the execution with DnD). We've been pumping our fists and cheering at faceless Lannister soldiers getting killed for seasons and seasons. Yet, these are conscripted men with families. They have no choice but to fight. They are no more free than the Unsullied. In fact, you might argue that in a feudal system, the serfs tantamount to slaves.

She, who would deem all Masters vile and worthy of all manners of cruelty by virtue of being the beneficiaries of a cruel system, is invading and killing conscripted soldiers who are slaves themselves just so she can be the Master of Masters, in a system that denies personhood to millions of people just the same as those they saw in Essos. As they say, Mhysa is a master. And so many fans discount whatever she did to the Masters as "They're masters, so fuck em." Well, she's a Fuedal Lord. So is Jon. So is Davos. Most of the characters we love are Masters.

She does it time and time again. "I will raze their cities to the ground! I will burn them to ashes!" She doesn't say "Except for the smallfolk, Gods bless them!" Not that she wants to hurt them, she just doesn't think that way. She thinks in broad strokes. She's not alone in that. I noticed something from the battle... the Northmen fought with a personal rage and hatred with which they are deeply ingrained. Did this woman in the alley murder your comrades? No, but they dehumanized the enemy to such an extent that they'd kill and rape them all the same.

So, to my point... I simply don't think Dany had ever considered the small folk as being individuals comprised of real persons. I think she instead saw a city that stole what was hers, full of people who are Westerosi, the people who love Jon and spurn her. So, she did what she's always done: painted in broad stokes of fire and blood as she remade the world in her image.

Is it great writing and earned? I dunno, but it's what happened and I think it shouldn't be all that shocking.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How could I forget that! Top shagger
LOL.
At what point did he give up on revenge?
c084ce9c4e79827b89e635e2a0ff177f.jpg
It's been many years since then. And he didn't really give up revenge. He just didn't want Ariya to fall down the same hole as him.
Just saw the trailer and again, Dany seems to be making Unsullied like they are Uruks.
Of course. They fucking darkies.What did you expect.
Was Varys' "she won't eat" indicating he was having the kid poison her?
Correct.
Jamie's story could have been better with a couple of extra episodes, or even an extra scene where he wakes up with Brienne in the morning and acts all awkward because he doesn't feel like he deserves to be properly loved.
Yeps.
Ending scene leaked:

Bronn: Let me give you a push, your Grace.

LateHalfDipper-small.gif

END CREDITS
4Cd5JUr.gif

I liked how Bran felt like wasting most of his screen time talking up the ingenious wheelchair design, while they have been apparently using wheelchairs in Dorne for decades.
It doesn't count if brown people do it.
"My first decree as Queen is that Jon Snow must be my boyfriend again and stop acting like all weird and stuff."
LMAO.
So based on the spoilers...how likely is it Dany will be one-dimensional or poorly written as the Mad Queen
One billion percent.
Give me an avatar. I lost.
I don't know how to make those. Sorry. 😞

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Season 5 is better then 7 now that I think about it

7 will go down as the worst season I hope

I disagree. 5 is worse than 6,7, and 8 by miles. Dorne and what they did with Stannis was insane, and it's extra bad because they had GRRM source material they didn't use. At least with 6-8 they have the excuse of having to map out the plot to GRRM's endpoint.

Everything in 6-8 had stuff to back it up from a narrative and character perspective. There wasn't enough, but it was there. Even with Varys and Dany's madness. There was nothing there to make sense of Stannis killing his own daughter, in fact they purposefully bait and switched us with scenes of him being loving to her.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Would Tyrion be the liaison between the Council and the North since him and Sansa are friends (no - they are never getting back together. Hell i have my doubts Sansa wants to get married/love another again).

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Say what you will about the writing

Seeing a dragon literally destroy an entire army and level a massive city sized castle

The soundtrack, omg the soundtrack.

The cinematographry

Visuals

Clegane bowl

All were fantastic

I'm just so depressed about the rest though lmao

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I totally saw Dany being crazy. She's had a fucked up life, more so than pretty much every character on the show. Her actions, her decisions, everything she did said she wasn't "good". I think people want to like her, that's why they're so upset with the turn. But yeah she's a paranoid, traumatized person. People like that don't make great decisions usually.

I've had a lot of problems with this season but the Dany heel turn is not one of them.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
people are only "seeing it" because it happened lol

doesnt mean it makes any sense at this point in the show

she didnt just kill a few civilians, she straight up burnt innocent people alive for 30 mins straight

like gtfo with that shit DBBW

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I totally saw Dany being crazy. She's had a fucked up life, more so than pretty much every character on the show. Her actions, her decisions, everything she did said she wasn't "good". I think people want to like her, that's why they're so upset with the turn. But yeah she's a paranoid, traumatized person. People like that don't make great decisions usually.

I've had a lot of problems with this season but the Dany heel turn is not one of them.

I think the issue is that they spent the entire show going "she's not the Mad King".

And now it turns out that that's true, she's not the Mad King. She's worse.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue is that they spent the entire show going "she's not the Mad King".

And now it turns out that that's true, she's not the Mad King. She's worse.
She was always the Mad Queen. Like there was never a time I felt Dany was a "good guy" like say Jon Snow for example. She was always batshit insane. She had people murdered in really fucked up ways for nothing except her own gain. She fucked up entire cities. She's always come off as a very self centered person. Idk I've always liked Dany as a character, I just always had the feeling there was just something not right with her in terms of her character's "character".

Status
Not open for further replies.