• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

[OPEN SPOILERS] GAME OF THRONES S8 |*FULL LEAK DISCUSSION*| IT IS KNOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that would make even less sense given what we've seen. Jon is horrified at what happens at KL, I don't see how he goes from that to helping fake her death for a happy ending.
Yeah, I expanded on that post after I posted it to say what you said. They would need to make her acts seem understandable. Like, she couldn't stop Drogon once it started and so on. I like 'Evil Dany' as a plot device, myself.

Oct 28, 2017
If Dany flies away still alive... damn, maybe the faked death scenario might be possible after all.

It would definitely be a huge crowd-pleaser. Especially if she meets with Jon beyond the wall. I don't think I'd like it, unless they could feasibly make Dany's actions seem less egregious. But, it'd be one hell of a way to break the wheel.

"You gave up your crown for your people. Would she?" I'd wager not, but that might be foreshadowing. And that Jenny song.
Emilia Clarke wouldnt be so disappointed if dany lived. We doing this "maybe the leaks arent real?" Convo again?

Oct 25, 2017
Emilia Clarke wouldnt be so disappointed if dany lived. We doing this "maybe the leaks arent real?" Convo again?
I believe in the Leaks. The Leaks are my KWEEN.

But, multiple endings were shot and her flying away 'never to be seen again' seems open-ended enough they could sneak something in. It's been boring on the leak front for two weeks, so why not have a little fun?

Oct 27, 2017
After Bran is elected king and Jon has pledged himself back to the Night's Watch, Bran takes into him one of his visions.

He's transported into a blank and empty space. Dramatic moment where Bran gets off his chair.

Jon is suddenly very aware of how much Bran towers over him. Bran puts a hand on his shoulder.

Bran: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

Bran starts showing Jon every instance where he messed with the timeline or had a direct hand in it in order for him to become king.

Varys being cut and the voice in the flames.

Bran whispering in Aerys' ear to "burn them all".

Bran subtly influencing things to get Lyanna and Rhaegar interested in each other.

Bran sending Melisandre's visions to make her think Stannis was the one.

Which culminates in the deaths of Renly, Shireen and Stannis.

And Melisandre resurrecting Jon Snow.

Culminating in Daenerys' murder.
Now that would be something I would be fine with. Unfortunately it won't happen :(

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Dany living doesn’t fit thematically with the rest of the House of Undying vision. Snow falling on her (or ash, either works), Dany laying the torch down, reaching for the throne but not touching it - it’s all stuff that happens. Then she’s beyond the wall and sees Drogo and Rhaego, there’s not many ways to interpret this other than the afterlife, her being dead.

Oct 25, 2017
Dany living doesn’t fit thematically with the rest of the House of Undying vision. Snow falling on her (or ash, either works), Dany laying the torch down, reaching for the throne but not touching it - it’s all stuff that happens. Then she’s beyond the wall and sees Drogo and Rhaego, there’s not many ways to interpret this other than the afterlife, her being dead.
She seems to frame their marriage as being 'raped' and 'sold like a broodmare' now. Gonna be an awkward reuninion. Luckily, from Jon and Berrick's testimony, there is no after-life. So all's gravy.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this has been posted but here's a revealing snippet of an interview with Nikolaj. He's saying that ever since season 4 actors would have arguments with D&D because they feel the writing for their character makes no sense. D&D's responses were basically "STFU and say the words." HBO should have replaced them when they wanted to rush the end so they could work on Star Wars, so much wasted potential because of two idiots with inflated egos.

After Bran is elected king and Jon has pledged himself back to the Night's Watch, Bran takes into him one of his visions.

He's transported into a blank and empty space. Dramatic moment where Bran gets off his chair.

Jon is suddenly very aware of how much Bran towers over him. Bran puts a hand on his shoulder.

Bran: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

Bran starts showing Jon every instance where he messed with the timeline or had a direct hand in it in order for him to become king.

Varys being cut and the voice in the flames.

Bran whispering in Aerys' ear to "burn them all".

Bran subtly influencing things to get Lyanna and Rhaegar interested in each other.

Bran sending Melisandre's visions to make her think Stannis was the one.

Which culminates in the deaths of Renly, Shireen and Stannis.

And Melisandre resurrecting Jon Snow.

Culminating in Daenerys' murder.

I really love your idea, it would be awesome

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but show still goes with her still loving him despite her acknowledgement of Drogo raping her
Whatever the case, her love for Jon seems different. Very different. Almost like a possessive obsession with him. It just reinforces this idea that Jon is the most incredible manipulator of people that he could make a battle-hardened conqueror like Dany bend over backwards to accommodate him.

In fact, it's hard to find someone who didn't admire and like Jon. I think even Ramsay was a bit taken aback by how impressive and inspirational Jon was when they met. Even Alliser, although ideologically opposed to him until the end, seemed to come around and admit that he's a good man who is only doing what he thinks is right. Stannis, Mance, Dany... I think we've been taking for granted just how otherworldly his charisma is. At least, I had been.

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Don't know if this has been posted but here's a revealing snippet of an interview with Nikolaj. He's saying that ever since season 4 actors would have arguments with D&D because they feel the writing for their character makes no sense. D&D's responses were basically "STFU and say the words." HBO should have replaced them when they wanted to rush the end so they could work on Star Wars, so much wasted potential because of two idiots with inflated egos.

You’re cherry picking a bit, after having disagreements he says “everything turned out okay” and “season 8 scripts were brilliant/couldn’t have ended better”

Oct 27, 2017
You’re cherry picking a bit, after having disagreements he says “everything turned out okay” and “season 8 scripts were brilliant/couldn’t have ended better”
That's his equivalent of Emilia's "best season evah!" or Kit's "epic or disappointing, one of those". The actors are not going to outright diss the writers because of contract and employment reasons. But reading between the lines, their disappointment is very obvious.

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
That's his equivalent of Emilia's "best season evah!" or Kit's "epic or disappointing, one of those". The actors are not going to outright diss the writers because of contract and employment reasons. But reading between the lines, their disappointment is very obvious.
There’s no tone “in between the lines” to suggest otherwise. He says he emails them after reading the scripts for s8 letting them know how great it is. He talks openly about disappointment in s4/s6 (probably the rape scene) but says nothing negative about 8.

Oct 27, 2017
There’s no tone “in between the lines” to suggest otherwise. He says he emails them after reading the scripts for s8 letting them know how great it is. He talks openly about disappointment in s4/s6 (probably the rape scene) but says nothing negative about 8.
It's called PR. He talks about the workings of the show behind the scenes, about how D&D approach their work, they don't even consider the actors' input because they think their shit smells like perfume and brush all criticism aside. This is also obvious from the "inside the episode segments".

Oct 25, 2017
most disappointing/strangest thing about the episode when looking back is probably arya "walking away" from revenge. not only is this a person who has already cooked people into pies and then fed them to their family for revenge, but her decision to abandon her quest for bloody revenge came in a castle being destroyed by a dragon as she chooses not to kill someone who is about to die a horrible death anyway. i mean, what the fuck are you supposed to get from this?

Oct 27, 2017
He basically admits to having to invent his own motivations for Jaime in season 8. Or being as generous as possible, come up with explanations that weren't given in the script.

But if Jaime’s decision to have sex with Brienne and then leave her feels like such a swift reversal your head is still spinning, Coster-Waldau is sympathetic: “We’re used to having a whole season to get to a point. Now suddenly, a lot of things happen very quickly.” The actor says he has to fill in a lot of the details for himself.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...t-as-disappointed-with-this-season-as-you-are

Jan 24, 2019
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bouwio/very_bizarre_ending_spoilers/

I doubt this leak as far as the Jon/Dany thing, but this is the second time I've seen a leak mention the faceless men being apart of a "WTF" scene. Hall of faces being the last thing we see? Why?

Here's another -

https://blindgossip.com/facing-the-end-of-game-of-thrones/

The cast and crew of Game Of Thrones are all locked down and tight-lipped about divulging who will live, who will die, and who will win the throne in the weeks ahead!

We did manage to squeeze one rather cryptic clue from someone who works on the show.

Pay attention. One face will change everything.

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bouwio/very_bizarre_ending_spoilers/

I doubt this leak as far as the Jon/Dany thing, but this is the second time I've seen a leak mention the faceless men being apart of a "WTF" scene. Hall of faces being the last thing we see? Why?

Here's another -

https://blindgossip.com/facing-the-end-of-game-of-thrones/

Pay attention. One face will change everything.
did we learn nothing from spanish glory? jon kills dany, jon goes north, bran is king. details are open, but we know this.

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
We don’t know as much about Ep6 compared fo 5, and I believe we might still have some surprises in store, but I don’t think any of them will be challenging what has leaked. Jon kills Dany. Bran is elected King. Those two things are happening no matter what.

Jan 24, 2019
If you guys are wondering what D and D are up to, besides Star Wars, this is from today:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...db-weiss-shop-global-overall-deal-1202615764/

Benioff and Weiss have met with six big media companies that want the duo to sign an overall global deal with them for film, TV and streaming projects. They’ve met with HBO/WarnerMedia, Disney, Comcast, as well as the streaming companies Netflix, Amazon and Apple.

If you're curious, the last time a writer duo secured a big deal was just last month with Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Spiderverse, 21 Jump street, Clone High) securing a NINE FIGURE DEAL (Over 100 million) with Sony TV. D and D will likely get something like that since they have the hottest show in TV right now, but we'll see.

Jan 24, 2018
Jon's story is about him trying to do heroic things to protect his family and friends, but in doing so he's risking far more important things.
His heroic portrayal make us want to support him and think of the mutineers as a bunch of anti-wildling racists.
But he's actually about to destroy the watch by trying to heroically save some wildlings in Hardholme and save "Arya".
The mutineers had no other option.
He's also being incredibly selfish, as his heroism to protect Arya from the monstrous Boltons is juxtaposed with the mercy and tolerance he extends to the wildlings. He refuses to accept that maybe the wildlings are the vile monsters and the Boltons are the tolerable evil.
When he's resurrected, I think he'll be a much darker character. "Love is the enemy of duty" and "kill the boy" will be a real thing in the books and not just a cool speech.

I think he understands their concerns but Jon is thinking of the greater good. He is being selfish when it comes to Arya and breaking his vows to go and rescue her.

There is no maybe about that idea, the Boltons being a "tolerable evil". For the North to flourish, the Boltons have to go.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the idea of Arya taking Jon’s face to kill Dany was dumb, and I still think it’s dumb, but I feel like there’s a 65% chance of it happening.

With all of Arya’s mob family loyalty/threatening talk, and then her being on the ground floor in KL, and her seemingly always ready to kill anyone for pretty much whatever these days, I’d be more surprised if the writers didn’t go through with it at this point. Arya blaming Jon for Kings Landing is right on par with her prepping to kill Sansa for that letter.

Edit — accidental quote

Oct 27, 2017
If you guys are wondering what D and D are up to, besides Star Wars, this is from today:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...db-weiss-shop-global-overall-deal-1202615764/

If you're curious, the last time a writer duo secured a big deal was just last month with Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Spiderverse, 21 Jump street, Clone High) securing a NINE FIGURE DEAL (Over 100 million) with Sony TV. D and D will likely get something like that since they have the hottest show in TV right now, but we'll see.
I wish them nothing but success in their future endeavors with original content. I just want Disney to go in a different direction for Star Wars. Hopefully I get my wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.