• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

[OPEN SPOILERS] GAME OF THRONES S8 |*FULL LEAK DISCUSSION*| IT IS KNOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, but either way, I'm struggling to suss out what the point is. A ruthless, omniscient dictator taking over Westeros isn't just pessimistic as Martin usually is -- it's nihilist. It's awful.

I don't really have any answers or profound criticism right now. Just a gut reaction. This is a puzzle readers will have to chew on for a long time.
There is none, I said it for the last month, this is a show about nothing. It's empty, there's no theme, it's not even about nihilism because nihilism itself is a theme.

It's a show about how some stuff happened and then more stuff will happen later but that's not important. There's literally no thematic heft at the core of the story that can even stay from scene to scene, it waffles depending on what gets these two hacks to the finish line the fastest because they want to do their own writing now not be tethered to someone elses story.

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.

Ok.

Wait a minute.

Ok, we saw Arya train to be an assassin. Got that part.

When did she learn a damn thing about sailing?

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
"Shit she's still alive but we never actually like... gave her a character arc or anything to do that makes sense now that her family is in charge which, as we've said, we've been planning around from the very start of the show" "Should we give her some interests and mini-arcs in the last few seasons then so we can transition her back into a normal life" "Nah lol fuck it she's idk magic world Columbus or something".

Status
Not open for further replies.