• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
So the finale hasn't leaked in full then has it? As in confirming " night queen Dany" and such

Most of the stuff leaked.

Including this image. Apparently after Jon stabs her she doesn't die in his arms but instead climbs on Drogon and he flys off never to be seen again.

19b885e2-9be2-4f16-a98jhi.jpeg

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The green haired girl in that bar always has the best reactions. Basically just going "wat?" to everything.
Also I swear most of the people in that bar are basically actors by now. It's always the same people in the same spots and they all do these really huge reactions which is what people click the vids for.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The lord of light has reason to bring you back!

Honestly what part of Jons storyline wasn't useless to the grand scheme of things? He did nothing against the white, he doesn't want the throne so theres virtually no reason for this to even be an issue, and he kills Dany something that it was clear her advisers were already trying to do. Then Jon peaces out north. Talk about fucking any potential that character had with the main story lines. Gotta subvert those expectations tho

He's there to make sure Daenerys doesn't get it either. Daenerys dies so Bran can be king.

I wonder how folks are going to take Bran as king. And that Arya ends up doing nothing in KL of value. Or that Jon's resurrection was all to kill Dany.

God. What a mess.

Not well.

Because of how the show has executed Bran's character and storyline, the only way they could actually sell it to the casual audience is if Bran was just playing the long game so he could become king.

Why'd he turn down Winterfell? Because he was seeking a larger prize than a castle.

Why did Bran force Sam to tell Jon about his parentage on the eve of the White Walker Battle? Because he needed to cause a rift between Jon and Dany.

Why did Bran not provide more help during the Battle of Winterfell? Because he needed her to exhaust her troops so she'd be forced to take down King's Landing with her dragons.

Why did Bran not tell anyone about Daenerys potentially burning down King's Landing? He needs her to so that the pieces are set in place for Jon to murder Daenerys which then pushes Jon to invalidate his claim by going to the Night's Watch.

And then Bran reveals he's the Lord of Light who used Melisandre to support Stannis so that Stannis would murder Renly and sabotage Stannis' own efforts by thinking he's the messiah.

Basically this is the only way to sell it at this point without it looking random or Tyrion giving some god-tier speech about Bran:

44202292_238978406769929_2127467017341501440_n.jpg

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's there to make sure Daenerys doesn't get it either. Daenerys dies so Bran can be king.

Not well.

Because of how the show has executed Bran's character and storyline, the only way they could actually sell it to the casual audience is if Bran was just playing the long game and if he was playing 4D chess so he could become king.

Why'd he turn down Winterfell? Because he was seeking a larger prize than a castle.

Why did Bran force Sam to tell Jon about his parentage on the eve of the White Walker Battle? Because he needed to cause a rift between Jon and Dany.

Why did Bran not provide more help during the Battle of Winterfell? Because he needed her to exhaust her troops so she'd be forced to take down King's Landing with her dragons.

Why did Bran not tell anyone about Daenerys potentially burning down King's Landing? He needs her to so that pieces are set in place for Jon to murder Daenerys which then pushes Jon to invalidate his claim by going to the Night's Watch.

And then Bran reveals he's the Lord of Light who used Melisandre to support Stannis so that Stannis would murder Renly and sabotage Stannis' own efforts by thinking he's the messiah.

Basically this is the only way to sell it at this point without it looking random or Tyrion giving some god-tier speech about Bran:

This might make sense in the books. In the show it's coming out of nowhere

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not well.

Because of how the show has executed Bran's character and storyline, the only way they could actually sell it to the casual audience is if Bran was just playing the long game and if he was playing 4D chess so he could become king.

Why did Bran not tell anyone about Daenerys potentially burning down King's Landing? He needs her to so that pieces are set in place for Jon to murder Daenerys which then pushes Jon to invalidate his claim by going to the Night's Watch.

Oh, man. That would be pretty awesome. But it has to happen in The Matrix Architect room.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Sure but the issue here is that even the "snap" was handled poorly. She snapped when the goal she's been working towards was right in front of her, which makes even less sense to be honest.

She won. Cersei lost. The throne was hers. Why did she "snap" then?

Not endorsing the logic, but they mention this in the show. She decided to rule by fear upon realization she will never end up with Jon by her side (among other things) seeing as how she couldn't portray an idealistic likeable ruler without him.

They dive into this a bit more in Ep4. In the feast scene, we see everyone cheering for Jon, Tormund going as far to only praise him for riding a dragon. Dany realizes no one likes her in Westeros the way they worshipping her in Essos, the way they worship Jon. She needs his likeability to rule.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Most people just don't get Jaime. They are all about the "redemptive arc" somehow being ignored and carelessly discarded. However that is not the point.

Jaime is generally a good, moral man. Except for the fact that Cercei is in his life. She is forever the Achilles heel- without her he would be the ultimate Lannister- good looking, capable commander, warrior without match, AND possessed of moral values that others in the family lack and would have taken them down a better path- but Cercei who he genuinely and unconditionally loves pulls him into the muck, and is the reason/inspiration/instigator for every stupid, ill advised, or downright evil acts he has carried out. His show ending ultimately is fitting. He could have stayed North and had a good life with Brienne, in a position of honor and prestige, but nope, he literally had to go back to Cercei and go down with her right as the walls figuratively and literally finally came crashing down around her.

Again, the show has problems in pacing, giving things enough time for things to marinade and properly gestate to the audience. As is, things seem too quick/abrupt. But his ending is super fitting for the character.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Sure but the issue here is that even the "snap" was handled poorly. She snapped when the goal she's been working towards was right in front of her, which makes even less sense to be honest.

She won. Cersei lost. The throne was hers. Why did she "snap" then?

I'm not endorsing the logic, but they mention this on the show. Upon realization she will never end up ruling with Jon by her side, among other things such as losing another dragon and her friend and advisors, she decides to chose "fear" (let it be fear) instead of ruling by being worshipped.

They delve into this more in Ep4. At the feast scene, we see everyone cheering and rooting for Jon for things like... riding a dragon.... with no thanks or care given to Daenerys. People love him the way they worshipped her back in Essos. Dany realizes she will never find that respect here like she did there, and realizes she needs Jon by her side more than ever in order to balance her rule and be loved by her constituents. This scene is vital to adding more context to the fireplace one in Ep5, because otherwise people want to reduce it down to "Jon not fucking her" but there's more to it than that. Tommen and Margaery were likeble people, and the commoners loved them as it was shown. Dany can't secure Jon by her side so she chooses to be Cersei and rule by fear instead. She made her choice at the fireplace, so it was more planned and much less a "snap".

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Most people just don't get Jaime. They are all about the "redemptive arc" somehow being ignored and carelessly discarded. However that is not the point.

Jaime is generally a good, moral man. Except for the fact that Cercei is in his life. She is forever the Achilles heel- without her he would be the ultimate Lannister- good looking, capable commander, warrior without match, AND possessed of moral values that others in the family lack and would have taken them down a better path- but Cercei who he genuinely and unconditionally loves pulls him into the muck, and is the reason/inspiration/instigator for every stupid, ill advised, or downright evil acts he has carried out. His show ending ultimately is fitting. He could have stayed North and had a good life with Brienne, in a position of honor and prestige, but nope, he literally had to go back to Cercei and go down with her right as the walls figuratively and literally finally came crashing down around her.

Again, the show has problems in pacing, giving things enough time for things to marinade and properly gestate to the audience. As is, things seem too quick/abrupt. But his ending is super fitting for the character.

If that scene were to happen in the books, you could pretty much guarantee there'd be a "the things I do for love" in his inner monologue right before the ceiling falls in.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not endorsing the logic, but they mention this on the show. Upon realization she will never end up ruling with Jon by her side, among other things such as losing another dragon and her friend and advisors, she decides to chose "fear" (let it be fear) instead of ruling by being worshipped.

They delve into this more in Ep4. At the feast scene, we see everyone cheering and rooting for Jon for things like... riding a dragon.... with no thanks or care given to Daenerys. People love him the way they worshipped her back in Essos. Dany realizes she will never find that respect here like she did there, and realizes she needs Jon by her side more than ever in order to balance her rule and be loved by her constituents. This scene is vital to adding more context to the fireplace one in Ep5, because otherwise people want to reduce it down to "Jon not fucking her" but there's more to it than that. Tommen and Margaery were likeble people, and the commoners loved them as it was shown. Dany can't secure Jon by her side so she chooses to be Cersei and rule by fear instead. She made her choice at the fireplace, so it was more planned and much less a "snap".

Yea and of course Greyworm and Missandei are nowhere to be found because ???? Gotta make her seem 100% isolated. I also don't buy for a second that no one in that hall would so much as look at her with a thumbs up . She's saved their asses TWICE ffs. Also say I buy what they're selling in that scene, anyone (man or woman) in her position would of course feel hurt but for some reason that's the point where Varys sees her start to " lose it". K. It's just more forced contrived bs from the writers , their "explanations" post-episode don't help one bit imo. I need this shit to end, the more I think about the lead up to where we are the more it annoys me

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Yea and of course Greyworm and Missandei are nowhere to be found because ???? Gotta make her seem 100% isolated. I also don't buy for a second that no one in that hall would so much as look at her with a thumbs up . She's saved their asses TWICE ffs. Also say I buy what they're selling in that scene, anyone (man or woman) in her position would of course feel hurt but for some reason that's the point where Varys sees her start to " lose it". K. It's just more forced contrived bs from the writers , their "explanations" post-episode don't help one bit imo. I need this shit to end, the more I think about the lead up to where we are the more it annoys me

Of course it's contrived. It has to be. It's too big of a turn to do in 6 episodes, 3 of which weren't even focused on the crown.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
What happen to hbo filming many scenes so the ending couldn't be spoiled ? If bran does become king and Jon does stab Danny then damn that's some extra money they could of saved to actually make more episodes

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
What happen to hbo filming many scenes so the ending couldn't be spoiled ? If bran does become king and Jon does stab Danny then damn that's some extra money they could of saved to actually make more episodes

It sounds like they only filmed the fake scenes, but didn't send them off to be processed and edited along with the real ones (the money). The leaks we have are mostly coming from post-production.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
So much comes down to " Wow this would have worked a lot better if we would've given some lead up into this"
For example, all the Northmen turning into war criminals last episode. How about a scene of Jon or Tyrion or anyone talking about the rules engagement? Mentioning the " surrender bells" and then getting push back from the men because of how much they hate the Lannister's? One poster in a thread mentioned how much even a "Remember the Red Wedding!!! " from a random guy would've helped. But nooooope everyone is a war criminal now save for Jon because reasons.
Then you have people defending it with "Remember this one line from Ser Jorah back in season 3 (six years ago)?!? About men being capable of being 'beasts' ? You weren't paying attention!!!" Uh huh. Why should the creators need to put the work in to show stuff like this to flesh out anyone but the main characters anymore when they have other people to do it for them?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
They dive into this a bit more in Ep4. In the feast scene, we see everyone cheering for Jon, Tormund going as far to only praise him for riding a dragon. Dany realizes no one likes her in Westeros the way they worshipping her in Essos, the way they worship Jon. She needs his likeability to rule.
I still find this not terribly convincing. I know it's what they're were going for, but it doesn't work for me. Jon has been shown to be a fairly awful leader because again and again he does what's right rather than what's popular. He gets stabbed for it! They have a whole plot line when he's gone that the north is barely holding together because he even goes to see Dany. Then he kneels to her.

And you can't point to the battle itself because Jon doesn't do much. If he had killed the night king I could see that, but he doesn't. He brought the army together and that's why show watchers love him but in universe it doesn't really translate to hero worship the way Dany implies.

Tormund is supposed to represent "the north" loving him in that scene but he's a fucking wildling who would have wildly different views on Jon solely because of that. In addition he's one of his closest friends. You may as well have Jon get sad that Missandei is fawning all over Dany!

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from the plot contrivances, I still think the most annoying thing about the show is the whole Night King thing being done away with so quickly. I mean, I don't know how GRRM is going to do it, but it does feel like that should have been the ultimate battle, something greater than men, particularly given its status as such a threat in the past.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, man. That would be pretty awesome. But it has to happen in The Matrix Architect room.

After Bran is elected king and Jon has pledged himself back to the Night's Watch, Bran takes into him one of his visions.

He's transported into a blank and empty space. Dramatic moment where Bran gets off his chair.

Jon is suddenly very aware of how much Bran towers over him. Bran puts a hand on his shoulder.

Bran: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

Bran starts showing Jon every instance where he messed with the timeline or had a direct hand in it in order for him to become king.

Varys being cut and the voice in the flames.

kinvara.gif

Bran whispering in Aerys' ear to "burn them all".

bran-mad-king-game-of-thrones-theory-1550166426.jpg

Bran subtly influencing things to get Lyanna and Rhaegar interested in each other.

bran-wedding-1.jpg

Bran sending Melisandre's visions to make her think Stannis was the one.
mel-chosen.gif

Which culminates in the deaths of Renly, Shireen and Stannis.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

rzgkuiqv-720.jpg

And Melisandre resurrecting Jon Snow.

sub-buzz-16942-1556599950-1.png

Culminating in Daenerys' murder.

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Aside from the plot contrivances, I still think the most annoying thing about the show is the whole Night King thing being done away with so quickly. I mean, I don't know how GRRM is going to do it, but it does feel like that should have been the ultimate battle, something greater than men, particularly given its status as such a threat in the past.

Well....there's no Night King in the books. He's show-only so that they could have a face according to GRRM and Benioff+Weiss.

There may not even be a kill-switch that turns them all off.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

The Night King isn't even a character in the books, so he definitely isn't the endgame for the novels' version of the ending.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
After Bran is elected king and Jon has pledged himself back to the Night's Watch, Bran takes into one of his visions.

He's transported into a blank and empty space. Dramatic moment where Bran gets off his chair.

Jon is suddenly very aware of how much Bran towers over him. Bran puts a hand on shoulder.

Bran: "Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design, cousin."

Bran starts showing Jon every instance where he messed with the timeline or had a direct hand in it in order for him to become king.

kinvara.gif

Bran subtly influencing things to get Lyanna and Rhaegar interested in each other.

bran-wedding-1.jpg

mel-chosen.gif

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

rzgkuiqv-720.jpg

We aren't good enough for this ending.

Although Aerys showing up in a Bran vision in S6? is still suspect, especially after learning the dragon flying to the Red Keep in his vision literally happens. Hopefully we get more regarding his powers.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Dany flies away still alive... damn, maybe the faked death scenario might be possible after all.

It would definitely be a huge crowd-pleaser. Especially if she meets with Jon beyond the wall. I don't think I'd like it, unless they could feasibly make Dany's actions seem less egregious. But, it'd be one hell of a way to break the wheel.

"You gave up your crown for your people. Would she?" I'd wager not, but that might be foreshadowing. And that Jenny song.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What sample chapter if we got 1 more do you want most

no one we already got so no Ariane 3

I would say Either Davos 1 get dkagos

or Dany 1 See the conquest of the Dothraki

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that would make even less sense given what we've seen. Jon is horrified at what happens at KL, I don't see how he goes from that to helping fake her death for a happy ending.

Yeah, I expanded on that post after I posted it to say what you said. They would need to make her acts seem understandable. Like, she couldn't stop Drogon once it started and so on. I like 'Evil Dany' as a plot device, myself.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Dany flies away still alive... damn, maybe the faked death scenario might be possible after all.

It would definitely be a huge crowd-pleaser. Especially if she meets with Jon beyond the wall. I don't think I'd like it, unless they could feasibly make Dany's actions seem less egregious. But, it'd be one hell of a way to break the wheel.

"You gave up your crown for your people. Would she?" I'd wager not, but that might be foreshadowing. And that Jenny song.
Emilia Clarke wouldnt be so disappointed if dany lived. We doing this "maybe the leaks arent real?" Convo again?

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emilia Clarke wouldnt be so disappointed if dany lived. We doing this "maybe the leaks arent real?" Convo again?

I believe in the Leaks. The Leaks are my KWEEN.

But, multiple endings were shot and her flying away 'never to be seen again' seems open-ended enough they could sneak something in. It's been boring on the leak front for two weeks, so why not have a little fun?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
After Bran is elected king and Jon has pledged himself back to the Night's Watch, Bran takes into him one of his visions.

Jon is suddenly very aware of how much Bran towers over him. Bran puts a hand on his shoulder.

kinvara.gif

bran-wedding-1.jpg

mel-chosen.gif

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

rzgkuiqv-720.jpg

Now that would be something I would be fine with. Unfortunately it won't happen :(

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Dany living doesn't fit thematically with the rest of the House of Undying vision. Snow falling on her (or ash, either works), Dany laying the torch down, reaching for the throne but not touching it - it's all stuff that happens. Then she's beyond the wall and sees Drogo and Rhaego, there's not many ways to interpret this other than the afterlife, her being dead.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dany living doesn't fit thematically with the rest of the House of Undying vision. Snow falling on her (or ash, either works), Dany laying the torch down, reaching for the throne but not touching it - it's all stuff that happens. Then she's beyond the wall and sees Drogo and Rhaego, there's not many ways to interpret this other than the afterlife, her being dead.

She seems to frame their marriage as being 'raped' and 'sold like a broodmare' now. Gonna be an awkward reuninion. Luckily, from Jon and Berrick's testimony, there is no after-life. So all's gravy.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
It's confirmed that the last shot of Dany we see is her hand, right? It's got to be either her dead hand inches from the IT or it hanging limply as Drogon carries her body away.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this has been posted but here's a revealing snippet of an interview with Nikolaj. He's saying that ever since season 4 actors would have arguments with D&D because they feel the writing for their character makes no sense. D&D's responses were basically "STFU and say the words." HBO should have replaced them when they wanted to rush the end so they could work on Star Wars, so much wasted potential because of two idiots with inflated egos.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

kinvara.gif

bran-wedding-1.jpg

mel-chosen.gif

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

rzgkuiqv-720.jpg

I really love your idea, it would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.