• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but show still goes with her still loving him despite her acknowledgement of Drogo raping her

Whatever the case, her love for Jon seems different. Very different. Almost like a possessive obsession with him. It just reinforces this idea that Jon is the most incredible manipulator of people that he could make a battle-hardened conqueror like Dany bend over backwards to accommodate him.

In fact, it's hard to find someone who didn't admire and like Jon. I think even Ramsay was a bit taken aback by how impressive and inspirational Jon was when they met. Even Alliser, although ideologically opposed to him until the end, seemed to come around and admit that he's a good man who is only doing what he thinks is right. Stannis, Mance, Dany... I think we've been taking for granted just how otherworldly his charisma is. At least, I had been.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Don't know if this has been posted but here's a revealing snippet of an interview with Nikolaj. He's saying that ever since season 4 actors would have arguments with D&D because they feel the writing for their character makes no sense. D&D's responses were basically "STFU and say the words." HBO should have replaced them when they wanted to rush the end so they could work on Star Wars, so much wasted potential because of two idiots with inflated egos.

You're cherry picking a bit, after having disagreements he says "everything turned out okay" and "season 8 scripts were brilliant/couldn't have ended better"

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
oh no

QzhmiuC.png

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
You're cherry picking a bit, after having disagreements he says "everything turned out okay" and "season 8 scripts were brilliant/couldn't have ended better"
That's his equivalent of Emilia's "best season evah!" or Kit's "epic or disappointing, one of those". The actors are not going to outright diss the writers because of contract and employment reasons. But reading between the lines, their disappointment is very obvious.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
That's his equivalent of Emilia's "best season evah!" or Kit's "epic or disappointing, one of those". The actors are not going to outright diss the writers because of contract and employment reasons. But reading between the lines, their disappointment is very obvious.

There's no tone "in between the lines" to suggest otherwise. He says he emails them after reading the scripts for s8 letting them know how great it is. He talks openly about disappointment in s4/s6 (probably the rape scene) but says nothing negative about 8.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
There's no tone "in between the lines" to suggest otherwise. He says he emails them after reading the scripts for s8 letting them know how great it is. He talks openly about disappointment in s4/s6 (probably the rape scene) but says nothing negative about 8.
It's called PR. He talks about the workings of the show behind the scenes, about how D&D approach their work, they don't even consider the actors' input because they think their shit smells like perfume and brush all criticism aside. This is also obvious from the "inside the episode segments".

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
most disappointing/strangest thing about the episode when looking back is probably arya "walking away" from revenge. not only is this a person who has already cooked people into pies and then fed them to their family for revenge, but her decision to abandon her quest for bloody revenge came in a castle being destroyed by a dragon as she chooses not to kill someone who is about to die a horrible death anyway. i mean, what the fuck are you supposed to get from this?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
He basically admits to having to invent his own motivations for Jaime in season 8. Or being as generous as possible, come up with explanations that weren't given in the script.

But if Jaime's decision to have sex with Brienne and then leave her feels like such a swift reversal your head is still spinning, Coster-Waldau is sympathetic: "We're used to having a whole season to get to a point. Now suddenly, a lot of things happen very quickly." The actor says he has to fill in a lot of the details for himself.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...t-as-disappointed-with-this-season-as-you-are

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bouwio/very_bizarre_ending_spoilers/

I doubt this leak as far as the Jon/Dany thing, but this is the second time I've seen a leak mention the faceless men being apart of a "WTF" scene. Hall of faces being the last thing we see? Why?

Here's another -

https://blindgossip.com/facing-the-end-of-game-of-thrones/

The cast and crew of Game Of Thrones are all locked down and tight-lipped about divulging who will live, who will die, and who will win the throne in the weeks ahead!

We did manage to squeeze one rather cryptic clue from someone who works on the show.

Pay attention. One face will change everything.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
...is it bad that i am really unsure of these new leaks and i am starting to slightly doubt that orginal leak (the one with Bran as king). If there is a twist at the end i think it will be Bran was responsible for everything

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bouwio/very_bizarre_ending_spoilers/

I doubt this leak as far as the Jon/Dany thing, but this is the second time I've seen a leak mention the faceless men being apart of a "WTF" scene. Hall of faces being the last thing we see? Why?

Here's another -

https://blindgossip.com/facing-the-end-of-game-of-thrones/

Pay attention. One face will change everything.

did we learn nothing from spanish glory? jon kills dany, jon goes north, bran is king. details are open, but we know this.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I do think there is a twist at the end but it would make no sense for Sansa to be a Faceless Men who influenced the events so Kings Landing would get burnt up

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
We don't know as much about Ep6 compared fo 5, and I believe we might still have some surprises in store, but I don't think any of them will be challenging what has leaked. Jon kills Dany. Bran is elected King. Those two things are happening no matter what.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Reminder that the Waif was spotted on set. Now, I'm not saying that Arya has been the Waif all along but #CONFIRMED. What a method actress. She even fucked Gendry just to get in character, what a legend.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
If you guys are wondering what D and D are up to, besides Star Wars, this is from today:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...db-weiss-shop-global-overall-deal-1202615764/

Benioff and Weiss have met with six big media companies that want the duo to sign an overall global deal with them for film, TV and streaming projects. They've met with HBO/WarnerMedia, Disney, Comcast, as well as the streaming companies Netflix, Amazon and Apple.

If you're curious, the last time a writer duo secured a big deal was just last month with Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Spiderverse, 21 Jump street, Clone High) securing a NINE FIGURE DEAL (Over 100 million) with Sony TV. D and D will likely get something like that since they have the hottest show in TV right now, but we'll see.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Jon's story is about him trying to do heroic things to protect his family and friends, but in doing so he's risking far more important things.
His heroic portrayal make us want to support him and think of the mutineers as a bunch of anti-wildling racists.
But he's actually about to destroy the watch by trying to heroically save some wildlings in Hardholme and save "Arya".
The mutineers had no other option.
He's also being incredibly selfish, as his heroism to protect Arya from the monstrous Boltons is juxtaposed with the mercy and tolerance he extends to the wildlings. He refuses to accept that maybe the wildlings are the vile monsters and the Boltons are the tolerable evil.
When he's resurrected, I think he'll be a much darker character. "Love is the enemy of duty" and "kill the boy" will be a real thing in the books and not just a cool speech.

I think he understands their concerns but Jon is thinking of the greater good. He is being selfish when it comes to Arya and breaking his vows to go and rescue her.

There is no maybe about that idea, the Boltons being a "tolerable evil". For the North to flourish, the Boltons have to go.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I thought the idea of Arya taking Jon's face to kill Dany was dumb, and I still think it's dumb, but I feel like there's a 65% chance of it happening.

With all of Arya's mob family loyalty/threatening talk, and then her being on the ground floor in KL, and her seemingly always ready to kill anyone for pretty much whatever these days, I'd be more surprised if the writers didn't go through with it at this point. Arya blaming Jon for Kings Landing is right on par with her prepping to kill Sansa for that letter.

Edit — accidental quote

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
If you guys are wondering what D and D are up to, besides Star Wars, this is from today:

https://deadline.com/2019/05/game-o...db-weiss-shop-global-overall-deal-1202615764/

If you're curious, the last time a writer duo secured a big deal was just last month with Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Spiderverse, 21 Jump street, Clone High) securing a NINE FIGURE DEAL (Over 100 million) with Sony TV. D and D will likely get something like that since they have the hottest show in TV right now, but we'll see.

I wish them nothing but success in their future endeavors with original content. I just want Disney to go in a different direction for Star Wars. Hopefully I get my wish.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that the Waif was spotted on set. Now, I'm not saying that Arya has been the Waif all along but #CONFIRMED. What a method actress. She even fucked Gendry just to get in character, what a legend.
Lol if the Waif has been in disguise as Arya this entire time, that will be one of the dumbest plot twists ever. It'll make the death of the NK even worse.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Waif killing the Night King would be the funniest thing ever. It would make the whole season worth it.

Nov 21, 2017
Honestly, the faceless men somehow being involved in the finale in some hilarious left-field twist is the only way I will receive any satisfaction from next weeks episode.

You and me both.

So what are the leaks left for the last episode?

Jon kills Dany. Takes the black or just goes to live with the wildlings.

Bran is elected king by some high lords thanks to a speech by Tyrion. Bran creates a small council including Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and .... BRON lol

Status
Not open for further replies.