• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"All Hail Bran Stark, king of Westeros and Essos!"
"Bran how did you--"
"Jon fell in love with their leader, then stopped having sex with them, then killed them, then got sent back to the wall, the usual. I expect to take over the world with my Jon plan."

Well GRRM did say this after he scrapped the five year timeskip:

GRRM: If a 12 year old has to conquer then world then so be it.

Jon marries the God-Empress of Yi Ti and becomes God-Emperor of Yi-Ti for a day. She trips and falls on his sword which leads to him inheriting the title as she was the last of her line. Jon abdicates the throne out of guilt and Bran inherits the title as Jon's little brother.

Repeat until Bran becomes Emperor Lelouch:

81c8cf8b-1602-4d24-a3c5-a73431b6d11c_512.jpg

Bran: "Now God-Emperor Brandon Stark commands you!!! Obey me subjects! Obey me World!!!"

The post-credits scene is King Bran in his sick new armor on the Iron Throne:

th

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So Tyrion is going to get the council to nominate Bran while he is a prisoner of Grey Worm. Bran then makes him Hand of the King.

Then Tyrion decides that Jon should take the black as a compromise, despite Tyrion encouraging him to kill Dany. And Grey Worm is cool with all of this?

What in the 7 Hells is this nonsense?

If I was Grey Worm, I'd say this shit is rigged.

I could understand Grey Worm being cool with a council to elect Bran. He doesn't want to stay in Westeros.

But Tyrion really should've joined Jon at the Night's Watch or been executed.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Well GRRM did say this after he scrapped the five year timeskip:

Jon marries the God-Empress of Yi Ti and becomes God-Emperor of Yi-Ti for a day. She trips and falls on his sword which leads to him inheriting the title as she was the last of her line. Jon abdicates the throne out of guilt and Bran inherits the title as Jon's little brother.

Repeat until Bran becomes Emperor Lelouch:

81c8cf8b-1602-4d24-a3c5-a73431b6d11c_512.jpg

Bran: "Now God-Emperor Brandon Stark commands you!!! Obey me subjects! Obey me World!!!"

The post-credits scene is King Bran in his sick new armor on the Iron Throne:

th

Pictured, Jon every time he accidentally gets a new title:

XopTQdP.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If I was Grey Worm, I'd say this shit is rigged.

I could understand Grey Worm being cool with a council to elect Bran. He doesn't want to stay in Westeros.

But Tyrion really should've joined Jon at the Night's Watch or been executed.

Tyrion getting a good ending is the kind of shit that feels so forced and unearned it must've come as some kind of mandatory requirement from Dinklage's agent or something.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The best part about the night queen theory is that it would already be one hundred times better than the night king merely because we actually know about what she is, and it would still be fucking incredibly stupid.

So Tyrion is going to get the council to nominate Bran while he is a prisoner of Grey Worm. Bran then makes him Hand of the King.

Then Tyrion decides that Jon should take the black as a compromise, despite Tyrion encouraging him to kill Dany. And Grey Worm is cool with all of this?

What in the 7 Hells is this nonsense?
Makes no fucking sense.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why the Night's Watch will still exist. Unless Westeros has no better idea of what to do with people it doesn't feel like killing but are none the less guilty of some crime. "Go sit on the wall, I guess, and watch for... stuff"

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Real talk, for an all knowing Tree Bran sure is good at setting up his own version of the Blackfyres. Jon going beyond the north and eventually having a family(yeah he'll brood for a while but we know how it goes for him usually) means that if not him, his descendants might eventually be like "Let's throw down." All it takes is some houses flipping to the Starksnowtargaryenfreefolk or whatever they decide to start calling themselves and yeah.

..."Sequel series: Game of Thrones 2"

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to share this post from Free Folk:

So, let me get this straight.
>Jaime dies in a basement under tons of stone and debris, but his golden hand appears at ground level.
>Super human dwarf moves rubble.
>Speech to civilians about freeing the civilians but killed all the civilians (so speech to ghosts)
>Dany sends Tyrion to prison (she burns people though) after this 3rd warning but killed Varys.
>Jon "tricks", yes "tricks" Dany, stabs her with his sword that Grey Worm would have taken.
>Grey Worm, Unsullied and the Dothraki do not instantly kill him, okay.
>Drogon (large dragon) lands inside the Throne Room.
>Drogon (large dragon, son of Dany, can breath fire) does not roast Jon.
>Drogon (large dragon without thumbs or even hands) somehow picks Dany up and manages to keep her from falling even though Jon could barely hang on (with thumbs).
>A council is formed (for some reason) with no goal apparently (because Sam has to suggest things) and they have no idea what their purpose is.
>This same council teleports to Kings Landing moments after battle, without a goal.
>For some reason Sansa, Sam, and Tyrion or even Arya no longer want King Aegon for some reason.
>Sam (best friend of Jon/Aegon) called him "The King of The Seven bloody Kingdons" and "rightful heir" just episodes prior but now wants to vote for a new leader. Sansa also described "someone better"
>Knights Watch, yea, with a K (leak clearly by a show watcher only)
>Nights Watch has no reason to exist, The Wall is even useless as it has a big hole in it.
>Dany's entire army lets Jon leave because Sansa tells them, okay.
>Tyrion is searching for a good Master of Whispers for a King that can see everything.
>Brieanne is the Kingsgaurd, but Podrick is Bran's protector for some reason.
>Jon's entire storyline, including his lineage that Bran and Sam needed to tell him about ASAP played no impact at all in the ending, or any of the story.
>Dothraki and Unsullied want to travel around and free slaves because they are great people of course.
>Bronn is somehow on the "council", along with Sam even though he should run his house.
>No mention of Dorne or new Prince of Dorne even though we have seen Dorne during new intros, implying they will play a part.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/c..._episodes_46/enpgsup/?st=jvq4k2dx&sh=88137240

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, for an all knowing Tree Bran sure is good at setting up his own version of the Blackfyres. Jon going beyond the north and eventually having a family(yeah he'll brood for a while but we know how it goes for him usually) means that if not him, his descendants might eventually be like "Let's throw down." All it takes is some houses flipping to the Starksnowtargaryenfreefolk or whatever they decide to start calling themselves and yeah.

"Based on the novels GRRM's 18th clone will complete sometime in 2305...

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean you can head-canon that Drogon brings Daenerys' slightly decomposing body to a red priest who resurrects her.

She loses enough of her memories to forget who she is and she goes on to live a happy life finding someone that truly loves her.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

That depends on whether Jon gets married since he could just pop out bastards instead and whether he tells his kids about their true heritage which I feel he wouldn't after what it did to his family.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
all the main characters that we know get good positions on the council

D&D made the world feel really small

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
According to Elio, GRRM wanted to do a story of an older Arya Stark story set in Braavos or the Free Cities that covers a murder mystery.

Would be interesting seeing the protagonists of ASOAIF in different genres.

Arya: Murder-Mystery

Sansa: Romance Story so we can see who Sansa finally hooks up with.

Jon: A horror story involving vampires out in the North. Without the Others around preying on them, they can come out and attack the free folk

Bran + Tyrion: Comedy about a monotone God-King and his funny right-hand man trying to run a kingdom.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really just par for the course at this point. But don't worry I'm sure someone somewhere will dig up an otherwise pointless line that foreshadows Sam calling together the Not-So-Great Council to vote for a King, or Dothraki and Unsullied going on a noble quest to free slaves.
The Dothraki going on a quest to end slavery is the most amazingly hilarious thing I have ever read.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The Night Queen "twist" at the very last scene (it has to be the very last scene, they'll think they're being poetic by bookending the show with White Walkers) is even worse because it's a lazy DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN for something that doesn't mean anything.

Nobody likes the dun dun dun in the last episode, people want closure, this is the exact opposite of closure, it's what bad comic book events do.

It doesn't really become "A song of ice and fire" if it doesn't end that way. Everyone thought Dany was fire and jon was ice but it's the other way around. If it does happen. it seems like a perfectly conclusive ending to me, there's nothing more to tell in that story.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Sigh, what an ending. And wait, Dany gets stabbed , Drogon fucks off with her body and that's it...? Nothing more with her?

Last edited:

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh, what an ending. And wait, Dany gets stabbed , Drogon fucks off with her body and that's it...? Nothing more with her?

The leaks on the last episode are a bit shakier, but I believe the big points are probably true. There's no clean way to wrap this up. :(

I'm just hoping for one more surprise that will make things seem a bit more interesting.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really become "A song of ice and fire" if it doesn't end that way. Everyone thought Dany was fire and jon was ice but it's the other way around. If it does happen. it seems like a perfectly conclusive ending to me, there's nothing more to tell in that story.
Did people think Jon was ice?

I thought the Night King was ice?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jon is ice and fire. Stark + Targ

Which is even more hilarious that this plays not a single role in any of the end plot points.

Also I read that summary and I fail to see how this isn't viewed as one of the worst finales of all time. Like that shit is BAD

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

Which is even more hilarious that this plays not a single role in any of the end plot points.

Also I read that summary and I fail to see how this isn't viewed as one of the worst finales of all time. Like that shit is BAD

People already have an out with stuff like that "redo" petition, or "fans" attempting to harass D&D. The talk will shift away from the quality of what we got and instead seek to discredit/ attack the character of the "haters". I'm seeing it way too much already. Even TLJ discussions had people going back and forth with actual points. This...it's just gotten so petty and personal already

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People already have an out with stuff like that "redo" petition, or "fans" attempting to harass D&D. The talk will shift away from the quality of what we got and instead seek to discredit/ attack the character of the "haters". I'm seeing it way too much already. Even TLJ discussions had people going back and forth with actual points. This...it's just gotten so petty and personal already
The difference being they wont have critics on their side for this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

The one thing I'm taking some solace in is that they've ruined the show so completely, I'll never, ever be tempted to rewatch it.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked they don't have a shot of Sam sitting down to write Jon's story as the last shot.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
You see all the season by season viewership numbers and kinda doubt your memory and think, oh this show must've started out a little low budge mediocre and really hit its stride after a few seasons before it went off the rails. I'm probably letting my disdain for the dumbassery prop up the shows beginnings a little higher than it deserves.

Nope. I rewatched the first season or so recently, and this series was legit from episode one. The early seasons hold up extremely well. The gaslighting isn't the people lamenting how good things used to be, it's the ones saying the show was at its best for episodes like the loot train, and even the Battle of the Bastards, which was completely encircled in meh.

Don't put that anti-rewatch darkness on the early show. It was everything it could have, and should have, been.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
yup, in the end, the writers were tired

I think I'd use the word "lazy". Or perhaps "checked out" would be more accurate.

I just can't imagine what level of hubris it would take to willingly halfass the conclusion to one of the most beloved fantasy franchises of the past century. How fucking arrogant do you have to be to just go 'fuck it, we don't need to try'?

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
You see all the season by season viewership numbers and kinda doubt your memory and think, oh this show must've started out a little low budge mediocre and really hit its stride after a few seasons before it went off the rails. I'm probably letting my disdain for the dumbassery prop up the shows beginnings a little higher than it deserves.

Nope. I rewatched the first season or so recently, and this show was legit from episode one. The early seasons hold up extremely well. The gaslighting isn't the people lamenting how good things used to be, it's the ones saying the show was at its best for episodes like the loot train, and even the Battle of the Bastards, which was completely encircled in meh.

Don't put that anti-rewatch darkness on the early show. It was everything it could have, and should have, been.

As much as I genuinely like those episodes for the spectacle, none of those flashy battles hold a candle to when GoT acting and dialogues were at its best so I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.