• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can the North be independent, but no other kingdom can?
It makes no sense why the most damaged Kingdom from the war leaves but the others stay, especially when the people in charge are directly responsible for their devastation.

Hell The Reach should leave because they were almost entirely untouched by the war and could easily rule everything with their newfound position of power.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Which is the point, you're supposed to be scared about him LOSING his humanity to end up a depraved lunatic like Euron. Instead they just... made him a robot because "that's what getting magic does to you idk"
Agreed, but either way, I'm struggling to suss out what the point is. A ruthless, omniscient dictator taking over Westeros isn't just pessimistic as Martin usually is -- it's nihilist. It's awful.

I don't really have any answers or profound criticism right now. Just a gut reaction. This is a puzzle readers will have to chew on for a long time.

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
That ending scene with Bran was AWFUL!

Played FAR worse than the spoilers read. I thought it would at least be serious....it's like they took the whole thing as a joke.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Color me surprised it wasn't Tyrion. I always thought it was gonna be him given I recall a line in the first book foreshadowing by literally saying he casts a shadow of one if he was born under better circumstances.

I'm not sure this is what George had in mind tbh. If this terrible shit IS what he had in mind, he went off the fucking deep end.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
kind of funny that bran doesn't feature at all in this epilogue, and its the other stark kids. i guess they couldn't work him getting wheeled around by pod into the montage

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
How many minutes of this season did they waste by going to slow-mo montages? Seems like the number is way too damn high.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
z4GmJgO.gif

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
It makes no sense why the most damaged Kingdom from the war leaves but the others stay, especially when the people in charge are directly responsible for their devastation.

Hell The Reach should leave because they were almost entirely untouched by the war and could easily rule everything with their newfound position of power.
Nothing in this shit makes sense anymore, geopoliticaly.
I'm still hung up why in the seven hells did Daenerys fanatical remnant army just kindly piss off to another continent myself.
Seriously what's stopping them to raze and sack Westeros to the ground to avenge their Queen at least.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wait.

Ok.

Wait a minute.

Ok, we saw Arya train to be an assassin. Got that part.

When did she learn a damn thing about sailing?

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, but either way, I'm struggling to suss out what the point is. A ruthless, omniscient dictator taking over Westeros isn't just pessimistic as Martin usually is -- it's nihilist. It's awful.

I don't really have any answers or profound criticism right now. Just a gut reaction. This is a puzzle readers will have to chew on for a long time.
There is none, I said it for the last month, this is a show about nothing. It's empty, there's no theme, it's not even about nihilism because nihilism itself is a theme.

It's a show about how some stuff happened and then more stuff will happen later but that's not important. There's literally no thematic heft at the core of the story that can even stay from scene to scene, it waffles depending on what gets these two hacks to the finish line the fastest because they want to do their own writing now not be tethered to someone elses story.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the Night's Watch still a thing? Holy fucking shit, think of a new thing for bastards and broken men to do that's not been made redundant.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
He pet Ghost, thank fuck.

None of this makes any sense but I guess that's what happens when you make a show based on the Sparknotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.