• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Won't be able to watch tonight. Someone sum up what happens between Jaime and Bran

Also is it already available because of Easter? How are people watching?

Nov 3, 2017
Fucking dreading episode 3 even though the writers sorta ruined some of the characters I still feel they're book characters in my heart

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be watching episode 3 like

tenor.gif

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I have to admit I was a bit creeped out. Isn't Arya around 11 in ADWD and Gendry 15/16? If Gurm ever manages to finish the series, I hope this won't happen in the books since I don't think much time will have passed from ADWD to the remaining books.

But it is all good by show standards and I liked that it wasn't some romantic smoochfest and more of an "I don't want to die without having had sex". It's cliche, yes, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
there was suppose to be a 5 year time skip

that really should have not been abandoned I know goerge didn't want to do too many flashbacks but I think the series would be finished by now if he kept it

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, it's GOT. I'm happy he's not 80.

It's weird though, since he was what, 18 or 19 when they met and she was 12? Or so?

She is nude in a sex scene and until today I still thought she was like 14.

They never made it clear that she was an adult yet.

That's fair. I guess you're all saying yikes because the tweet is trying to preempt people saying "but isn't she like 13???"

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
She is nude in a sex scene and until today I still thought she was like 14.

They never made it clear that she was an adult yet.
evrey season is suppose to be a year
mdifrent to the books in which only the first covers an entire Year

gilly has a 5 year old and it's been 2 years since the winter storm so bad in the fall that stannis needed magic to rid of it ...

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Won't be able to watch tonight. Someone sum up what happens between Jaime and Bran

Also is it already available because of Easter? How are people watching?

"Bro I'm effectively that one friend that is so stoned during a party he's talking about the truth of the universe and shit, except I actually can see the universe and shit. Sorta above this."

"...Still sorry."

"Still passive aggressive while not actually caring."

"Thanks for not ratting me out about trying to kill you."

"Eh, this way you can die for us."

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
This episode was better than the last episode, but after 2 slow burners I'm definitely ready for 3.

The Arya + Gendry and Jaime knighting Brienne scenes were a bit cheesy though.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Watching this now, damn this kneeling scene is so damn cringey..

Brienne is better than this dopey shit

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was a callback to her Brienne the beauty story with everyone looking upon her with admiration for real this time. She finally gained acceptance.

There is absolutely nothing out of character in that scene.

I totally see now that only some small secondary characters are going to be killed - for example Gendry is totally a goner - he even had his "last sex before dying" trope scene.. no one from the main cast is going to die, that can everyone bet on right now, because D&D don't have the balls to kill someone unexpectedly, surprising because they wrote the episodes for the fans of the show characters, not because of the goal of good storytelling or for some other, higher purpose..
How do you define "main cast"? Jorah and Theon have been regulars since the first season, and they're 100% toast.

If you mean the absolute top-tier POVs (Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Bran, etc.) their survival would be dictated by GRRM's ending, not the whims of the creators.

I'd never considered Theon as a partner for Sansa before, but after remembering their S5 and 6 scenes, and now this episode, it feels right.
That's one of those things you know won't happen since the Sansa/Theon relationship is completely show-only. There are pretty solid odds they never even meet during the hypothetical remaining books, and the show's portrayal of their pre-series relationship is also not from the text.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
On the other hand, Theon is hanging with Dr. Manhattan so that's probably the safest place for him.

On the other hand, Theon is hanging with Dr. Manhattan so that's probably the safest place for him.
Theon is hanging out with Dr. Manhattan while Dr. Manhattan is acting as a lure to draw out the main villain, with Theon vowing to keep Bran safe. His goose is extra-cooked.

The only reason he's not the most guaranteed death next week is because Jorah is around.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Watching this now, damn this kneeling scene is so damn cringey..

Brienne is better than this dopey shit

Oh yes totally, on the eve of what might be her last day on the planet she finally gets the respect and validation no man has ever wanted to give her. They all recognize her as their equal, and are all honored to fight and possibly die by her side. Yes super cringe
/s
Honestly how are some people receiving that scene so negatively? Good Lord

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I don't understand why this show with so few episodes left thought we needed an arya sex scene. Like why?

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much Bran knows, who will die, what will happen.

And why the fuck he doesn't give anyone strategy tips.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how much Bran knows, who will die, what will happen.

And why the fuck he doesn't give anyone strategy tips.
Because if he did this we wouldn't have a show which is the problem when you introduce a character like that into a story. There would be no conflict. I don't think that excuses it but thats the actual reason why they write it this way. In universe its just laughable he doesn't actually help.

Cause it's the end of the world and Arya gotsta have that Gendry dick. I wonder if she pulled various faces on and off during the act.
whole new meaning to role play

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I'm not here for Sansa/Theon, which is just as well considering that Theon is likely a dead man walking.

Cogman delivered otherwise. Wonderful episode.

I guess I don't understand why this show with so few episodes left thought we needed an arya sex scene. Like why?

Appease the shippers.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Why did we need to do the Aegon reveal for like the 3rd time lol..

Good Lord this episode was somehow worse than the first one..=\

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Whoever that doesn't like this episode is just hate-watching the series at this point.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Okay now that all the drama and sappy shit has been shown, we can finally get some action.

Fingers crossed the final 4 episodes actually show where all the money went.

Also fuck the writing sucks so much.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its not so much I dont want drama, its that I'm tired of the BS contrived drama theyve been throwing at us for the last few seasons.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Arya reaction would've been different if Maise Williams didn't look younger than her age. She's like what 21-22? That's adult enough and while Arya's age is different in show, she seem to be 18 in the story atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.