• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Broke my heart. Davos. :(

wz4dk5svtot21.jpg

I hope Davos get's a happy ending. No secret agenda. No secret planning. Just trying to survive and doing whatever it takes to help the weak, the people and to defeat the dead.
That scene was awful lmao

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Arya reaction would've been different if Maise Williams didn't look younger than her age. She's like what 21-22? That's adult enough and while Arya's age is different in show, she seem to be 18 in the story atleast.
She apparently 22 lol. I would have guessed 18 MAYBE.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Davos lost his only son in the battle of Blackwater Bay, the girl he loved like a daughter to Melisadre/Stannis' sacrifice and sees that little girl in the face of a child in Winterfell. Gilly shares a similar connection. She was brutally raped by her father and made to bear his child, and was taught to read by Shireen. They both want to protect the innocent.

There is a darkness in your soul if you aren't moved by that.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Davos lost his only son in the battle of Blackwater Bay, the girl he loved like a daughter to Melisadre/Stannis' sacrifice and sees that little girl in the face of a child in Winterfell. Gilly shares a similar connection. She was brutally raped by her father and made to bear his child, and was taught to read by Shireen. They both want to protect the innocent.

There is a darkness in your soul if you aren't moved by that.

Davos has like 5 kids and a wife to go home to, I reallllyyy don't know why he fell in love with Jon all of a sudden. His entire character after Stannis' death makes no sense.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
This episode was all the fan service i needed.

Its super fucking clear this is your last goodbyes to half them motherfuckers. No wonder we got such a feel good episode

Human

Oct 25, 2017
Trash episode. Most of the character interactions were forgettable and the entire thing felt more like padding than simply having people say their last goodbyes.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I mean it was like marvel tier cringe. Idk how someone watches that scene and doesn't cringe or think it's out of place

They're standing around serving soup to people. They meet children who remind them of an innocent child they both loved. They realize that this child may die, just like everyone else.

Out of place would be if Melisandre showed up and started having one shadow baby after another to fight the army of the dead.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're standing around serving soup to people. They meet children who remind them of an innocent child they both loved. They realize that this child may die, just like everyone else.

Out of place would be if Melisandre showed up and started having one shadow baby after another to fight the army of the dead.
That's totally going to happen isn't it

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If this show was age-cast like the books, it would have been cancelled in the pilot and the creators put in jail.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't next weeks episode 88 mins? As long as the Hound survives i'm good. If Clegane Bowl doesn't happen we riot!!!

The Golden Company, AOTD, and the people are fighting when suddenly a carriage arrives.

Out steps The Mountain.

A horn blows. The hype is confirmed. The dead men are frozen in place. The Night King kneels. The living suspend their hostilities. An makeshift arena is constructed for this important battle.

And? In GRRMs original treatment Arya was involved in a love triangle with Jon. Guy is a creep.
In fairness, in the original outline the characters were supposed to age much more than they have during the actual books. He tried multiple fixes for this, such as the planned five-year-gap but none of those worked. So he's accepted that he's stuck writing the climax of the books with Arya at 11/12, Sansa at 13/14, and so on.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Golden Company, AOTD, and the people are fighting when suddenly a carriage arrives.

Out steps The Mountain.

A horn blows. The hype is confirmed. The dead men are frozen in place. The Night King kneels. The living suspend their hostilities. An makeshift arena is constructed for this important battle.
I love it

The biggest twist in the series will be were not getting this fight

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Has Davos visited his wife once since their only son died lol?

Nope. What's particularly egregious is that he was in the area last season when he went down to Dragonstone and didn't even mention poor Marya.

Airhorns

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Clegane Bowl has 0 hype now the Mountain is a Frankenstein's monster with no self-awareness or personality. Like, only the conflict between them made it interesting.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017

It's at the tail end of the episode on Prime.

It pans to various parts of the army getting ready for battle, Grey Worm and the unsullied, the northerners, Brienne, The Hound and Beric, one of the dragons. Brienne yells "Stand your ground." Sansa says "The bravest thing we can do now is face the truth." Dany says "The dead are already here."

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
It's at the tail end of the episode on Prime.

It pans to various parts of the army getting ready for battle, Grey Worm and the unsullied, the northerners, Brienne, The Hound and Beric, one of the dragons. Brienne yells "Stand your ground." Sansa says "The bravest thing we can do now is face the truth." Dany says "The dead are already here."
I'm a kneeler with HBO go 😭

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
If Cerseis army comes and saves the day ala Tywin. I will be embarrassed for the show and myself. This will not be cannon until I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.