• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interview with THE MAN TO RULE THEM ALL, Marc Rissmann, the true heir to the Iron Throne!

This guy will blow up after S8 is over lol

Tell me I'm wrong!
Right from the start you can tell there is a big lie being woven about who his character really is lol

The outrage will be the whole point. We are attached to all these characters, but they will be spent, exhausted, in some cases dead, and ultimately, "Power resides where people believe it does, no more, no less." There has been so much building up to this. The very point of this whole story has been, from the start, about how history is written by the victors, how difficult it is to know the truth, and how interpretations and arguments over the past shape the present and future.

The "heroes" have given everything they had to save the world, sometimes to the point of fighting each other, but in saving it no one will know what they saved it from, and their battles will be remembered as the only threat the world faced. It is the demise of the heroes, the ones history forgets or condemns, that allows rulers like "Aegon" to rule.

"Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies, a story we agree to tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie."
"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

--Book quotes:
Varys: "Aegon has been shaped for rule before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them."

Cersei: "Another lesson you should learn, if you hope to sit beside my son. Be gentle on a night like this and you'll have treasons popping up all about you like mushrooms after a hard rain […] The only way to keep your people loyal is to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy."
Sansa: "I will remember, Your Grace," said Sansa, though she had always heard that love was a surer route to the people's loyalty than fear. If I'm ever a queen, I'll make them love me.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
To keep a good tradition going, DirecTV had the first episode up for an hour or so.

Shippers of any kind are going nuts and people who don't care about shipping are not sure whether this was decent or not.

Dec 2, 2017
Also, Jon looks really stupid on that dragon.

Might take some time getting used to.

Sam finding out about his family was heartbreaking though.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jon is living. He's going to stab the night King and say "winter is over" and live happily ever after

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Exodus! Because Winterfell is lost, and the northmen will be refugees living in the south, longing for "A Dream of Spring" to one day return to Winterfell, which is now barred of access, snowed-in, ruined? :D

What land would the northmen be provided south? There is little to give... And the wildlings? Even little less for them, and who cares about the wildlings anyway? They wouldn't even bend the knee!

Edit: Alright I'm out of here until the episode is done when it officially airs:)

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dany totally dies in that winterfell episode. she gets her big moment in episode 2, then dies either at the showdown in winterfell or at the start of exodus. Jon's alive to the end which is why fire and ice is there, it can't be nobody else

Dec 2, 2017
Dany totally dies in that winterfell episode. she gets her big moment in episode 2, then dies either at the showdown in winterfell or at the start of exodus. Jon's alive to the end which is why fire and ice is there, it can't be nobody else

Honestly, I think they'll both survive and have a child. I would prefer one of them dying but to me, it looks like this won't happen. They won't rule though.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. We already know they end up at dragonstone thanks to the reddit detectives.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe the winterfell episode is when she gets fatally injured and only survives in the few hours it takes to go from winterfell to Dragon's tone

or could dragonstone come first?
Nope, shes fine. Dragonstone is definetly after the winterfell battle. It was in the trailer.
reddit-4-fb87.png

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

You're trying you to boil this down the Jon show but the main ice and fire of the title are the White Walkers and dragons according to GRRM.

It's also likely a reference to KL falling to ice then fire. You'll have to read Robert Frost's Fire and Ice to know more

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't take a few hours to get from Winterfell to Dragonstone even on dragon. They're a thousand miles apart. Like getting from Canada to Mexico.
this is the show, it takes an afternoon

You're trying you to boil this down the Jon show but the main ice and fire of the title are the White Walkers and dragons according to GRRM.

It's also likely a reference to KL falling to ice then fire. You'll have to read Robert Frost's Fire and Ice to know more
it can be all of those

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My long-shot theory:

Jon and Dany both die saving the world from the WW, along with virtually every other noble house.

Samwell Tarly survives and he and Gilly become king and queen, but melt down the iron throne.

Decides to record the entire ordeal, as he's also a maester-in-training as "A song of ice and fire".

"Make sure they write that it's not just a mast, it's a fat pink mast."

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Why are we convinced that Dany and Jon won't rule? I know Friki speculated that they won't and he said they aren't at the dragonpit, but is that all we have at this point?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
all of my predictions are assuming everything is as schlocky as possible

the iron throne is destroyed at the end, but the last person to sit in it before then will be the night King (at the end of episode 7 or 8, shortly after clegane bowl). He'll just do it menacingly after cersei dies and then it will never be mentioned again.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Why are we convinced that Dany and Jon won't rule? I know Friki speculated that they won't and he said they aren't at the dragonpit, but is that all we have at this point?

It's not GRRM's style tbh

And there's some foreshadowing in the show and books that Daenerys neither gets the throne nor lives.

Jon is up in the air. There's foreshadowing that says he lives a long life but foreshadowing that can go either way in whether he rules Westeros.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
all of my predictions are assuming everything is as schlocky as possible

the iron throne is destroyed at the end, but the last person to sit in it before then will be the night King (at the end of episode 7 or 8, shortly after clegane bowl). He'll just do it menacingly after cersei dies and then it will never be mentioned again.

Only 6 episodes.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys. I'm sorry. But. I figured it out. I really did.

Next episode, when Dany confronts Bran about Jon being Aegon and the true heir, when she doesn't believe him and Bran has to reveal to her something only she would know... He won't just tell her about a red door and a lemon tree which we see in a flashback of her childhood, which on its own will be enough.

He will reveal far more. While Jon is present, and maybe others.

The reveal is:

She is not Daenerys Targaryen.

She is just a blonde impersonator. She was raised to be married, to get an army, it was a long con. Even her brother knew. "You don't want to wake the dragon now do you?"

It was a trick.

She'll say she is a Targaryen. She survived the fire, twice. "It was blood magic. You burned your husband alive and the crone and the Dothrakis. It's why they follow you."
She can ride dragons. "You're their mother."
She can... take a really hot bath without feeling it. "No you can't. You know it."

He hands her a candle.

When she despairs, he tells her not to. He tells her she has found what she longed for "All the steps you have taken have led you here, where you belong... home."

That will make the GC leader taking the throne under the name of Aegon even more tragic. Sansa will know and tell everyone. When she marries "Aegon" it will make it even worst. Daenerys will be remembered as a witch usurper.

Edit: it also makes it NOT INCEST.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Next episode, when Dany confronts Bran about Jon being Aegon and the true heir, when she doesn't believe him and Bran has to reveal to her something only she would know... He won't just tell her about a red door and a lemon tree which we see in a flashback of her childhood, which on its own will be enough.

The reveal is:

She is just a blonde impersonator. She was raised to be married, to get an army, it was a long con. Even her brother knew. "You don't want to wake the dragon now do you?"

It was a trick.

She'll say she is a Targaryen. She survived the fire, twice. "It was blood magic. You burned your husband alive and the crone and the Dothrakis. It's why they follow you."
She can... take a really hot bath without feeling it. "No you can't. You know it."

He hands her a candle.

When she despairs, he tells her not to. He tells her she has found what she longed for "All the steps you have taken have led you here, where you belong... home."

That will make the GC leader taking the throne under the name of Aegon even more tragic.
Not schlocky enough

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
That would be cool, fuck Dany. Annoying as hell, cant stand her character at all.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

The reveal is:

It was a trick.

He hands her a candle.

That will make the GC leader taking the throne under the name of Aegon even more tragic. Sansa will know and tell everyone. When she marries "Aegon" it will make it even worst. Daenerys will be remembered as a witch usurper.

Edit: it also makes it NOT INCEST.

Oh my god, you've completely lost it, Ether.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
How does another Dance of Dragons play out?

We need the books and JON IS VISERYS TARGARYEN (I'll accept Aemon, Daemon, Jaehaerys) not Aegon.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's like you're actively trying to come up with twists that would make everyone extremely angry without actually providing satisfactory story beats.

That is difficult by just typing stuff. Whatever they do in the show will be fine to me, I love the show. I don't make it. I can't see everything. But that's what I'm seeing right now with how things have unfolded, especially after tonight.

If it happens, they'll make it work. People are too hard on this show I think.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That is difficult by just typing stuff. Whatever they do in the show will be fine to me, I love the show. I don't make it. I can't see everything. But that's what I'm seeing right now with how things have unfolded, especially after tonight.

If it happens, they'll make it work. People are too hard on this show I think.

You don't pull the rug out from under people's feet during the home stretch. The Jon Targ twist was seeded throughout the entire show from the very beginning. Having another secret origin that basically just undoes a character's entire eight-season arc, on the other hand, isn't narratively satisfying - it's just pissing in the viewers' eyes.

And then coupling THAT with another bait and switch at the end of the show where nobody the audience cares about wins, and some fucking weirdo who came out of nowhere, with no foreshadowing or buildup anywhere in the entire eight season run of the show is the new King? No.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You don't pull the rug out from under people's feet during the home stretch. The Jon Targ twist was seeded throughout the entire show from the very beginning. Having another secret origin that basically just undoes a character's entire eight-season arc, on the other hand, isn't narratively satisfying - it's just pissing in the viewers' eyes.

And then coupling THAT with another bait and switch at the end of the show where nobody the audience cares about wins, and some fucking weirdo who came out of nowhere, with no foreshadowing or buildup anywhere in the entire eight season run of the show is the new King? No.

Well, yes if it does happen lol.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my guess.

Night King is defeated, but Dany goes mad like her father. Jon is forced to kill her at the end of the show (that "shocking death" he is supposed to be present for).

Status
Not open for further replies.