• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And then everyone will remember Game of Thrones as another Dexter. A show that people loved until the creators fucked it to death in the last season.

Here's some questions:

Do you think Dany is impervious to fire?
If so, is it proof she is a Targaryen?
If so, why is it that in the books Jon's hand was burned by a torch and GRRM never stops reminding us about the burned hand?
Yet Dany survived fire in the books too.

It's been there all along. Re-reading her first chapter makes it obvious in retrospect.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Here's some questions:

Do you think Dany is impervious to fire?
If so, is it proof she is a Targaryen?
If so, why is it that in the books Jon's hand was burned by a torch and GRRM never stops reminding us about the burned hand?
Yet Dany survived fire in the books too.

It's been there all along. Re-reading her first chapter makes it obvious in retrospect.

Again. If this was their goal all along, they would've set it up in the show. They didn't. There is no setup, there is no foreshadowing for that. It would be a completely manufactured plot twist that would inspire nothing but disdain from viewers.

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is at the end no one sits in the iron throne because the iron throne was the friends we made along the way

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Guys. I'm sorry. But. I figured it out. I really did.

Next episode, when Dany confronts Bran about Jon being Aegon and the true heir, when she doesn't believe him and Bran has to reveal to her something only she would know... He won't just tell her about a red door and a lemon tree which we see in a flashback of her childhood, which on its own will be enough.

He will reveal far more. While Jon is present, and maybe others.

The reveal is:

She is not Daenerys Targaryen.

She is just a blonde impersonator. She was raised to be married, to get an army, it was a long con. Even her brother knew. "You don't want to wake the dragon now do you?"

It was a trick.

She'll say she is a Targaryen. She survived the fire, twice. "It was blood magic. You burned your husband alive and the crone and the Dothrakis. It's why they follow you."
She can ride dragons. "You're their mother."
She can... take a really hot bath without feeling it. "No you can't. You know it."

He hands her a candle.

When she despairs, he tells her not to. He tells her she has found what she longed for "All the steps you have taken have led you here, where you belong... home."

That will make the GC leader taking the throne under the name of Aegon even more tragic. Sansa will know and tell everyone. When she marries "Aegon" it will make it even worst. Daenerys will be remembered as a witch usurper.

Edit: it also makes it NOT INCEST.
Holy fuck dude, you completely lost it.

I can't even decipher how your mind works to conclude such an asspull, so I'll go with the obvious conclution, you're trolling :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Sansa will be guilt stricken for sending Ned to his death and begin to work with Dany, even though it's not actually on friendly terms.

Bronn goes to kill Jaime, but sees the Whitewalkers and joins him instead.

Jon Snow doesn't give a shit who his real father is and proclaims that he's a Stark.

Sam eats a pie.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Damn.
Holy fuck dude, you completely lost it.

I can't even decipher how your mind works to conclude such an asspull, so I'll go with the obvious conclusion, you're trolling :)

It's fairly easy to believe the latter. That one is really really out there, and it serves no purpose other than being a twist.

JMeth

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
I think they are making it pretty clear that Jon is going to have to kill Danynerys. They set it up perfectly with Dany's low key threat on Sansa, Dany hiding the fact she excuted the Tarley's, and Sam making it clear that she isn't really a benevolent caring Queen whom would sacrifice her power for her people.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think they are making it pretty clear that Jon is going to have to kill Danynerys. They set it up perfectly with Dany's low key threat on Sansa, Dany hiding the fact she excuted the Tarley's, and Sam making it clear that she isn't really a benevolent caring Queen whom would sacrifice her power for her people.

Or.

Danny and Jon fight and argue. Dany bails at some point during the fight. Dany has a change of heart and comes back to help at some point that's critical.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I think that the twist in the next episode will be Dany leaving with the dragons and not participating in the winterfell battle.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
euePKoJ.jpg

gzNBhL5.jpg

Same place yo. Like I thought, Beric, Ed and Thormund arrive at Winterfell AFTER the battle, probably a day or two late. A bit of an X-Files moment I think.

Also the scene with the two dragons flying over a winter land looks like it could be them over the milkwater river. Maybe they are going back to the Fist of the First Men? Curious why they would go so far north. Also, the Others bring night/blizzard with them, that's how the long night was supposed to be. So it would have to be somewhere where they aren't. Kind of feels like it could be a post-endgame scene, but it feels like it would be too spoilery cause it would tell us Drogon and Rhaegal live. No idea really.
WRONG

Bottom one is Castle Black.

See I told you they recycle sets.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After todays episode, Tyrions betrayal is 100% happening, which means Dany, Jon, and the rest of the starks survive. Friki Doctor is absolutely legit. Leaks are all real.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
WRONG

Top image is probably after Night King realizes there's a couple dozen generations of Stark dead in the catacombs, a place Arya is likely visiting at the time during the upcoming siege. Instant force behind enemy lines.

And you're damn right they recycle sets. What, do you think castles grow on trees? I'll have you know that the castle trees went extinct.

Diya

Oct 27, 2017
Underworld
Have any of the leaks indicated whether the Night King and White Walkers make it to King's Landing? I think it would be a bit anti-climatic if the White Walkers were defeated at Winterfell.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Have any of the leaks indicated whether the Night King and White Walkers make it to King's Landing? I think it would be a bit anti-climatic if the White Walkers were defeated at Winterfell.

We know part of the KL set gets set on fire but this is much more likely to be due to dragons or wildfire. Other than that, no, nothing.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Between Brann, Bronn, and Jaime, if someone doesn't tell Dany Cersei's not coming, I just can't even.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So who's Cersei sending to kill Dany?
What if... She hired a faceless man/ girl, and that is who ends up chasing after Arya after she saves her life at the last second?

Dun dun dun!

As for next ep, given Jon's history, personality and current position, I could see him telling Daenerys everything first.
Cut to a general assembly in Winterfell...
Where he legitimizes Dany even more by revealing Sam and Bran's findings and yet still recognizing Dany as his Queen.
Possibly proposing to Dany there also, obviously things having to wait post-battle for official proceedings.

About Bronn, I think he will hesitate at the last second before carrying through, and then bail to Dorne saying "fuck Cercei".

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Link to the leaks? Pls?

there's nothing thats truly 100% believable outside of Friki's ep1 leak for a variety of reasons but here is what is out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jc3_T2j11g
(dragonpit/Tyrion scene - Tyrion is apparently executed, even though the execution doesn't happen there.... Davos holds the trial lol, Jon and Dany are missing, also the Waif says hi)

scene from an "extra" who apparently showed "proof" to the mods at freefolk

Five main characters die at Winterfell. I don't even know who is considered a main character these days. Maybe the people who are in the opening credits?

Davos, Jon, Jaime, Cersei, Arya, and Sandor are alive by episode five. No info on Sansa or Daenerys.

Arya, Jaime, and Sandor are in front of the gates to the Red Keep. People are trying to get inside but the gate is closed before they can make it through. The crowd starts to push them against the gate.

A main character is killed in one of the last two episodes in a scene with Jon. This apparently is super shocking.

that is all that is out there so far.

theres also that set pic of Jon bending the knee to Cersei, which is obviously a fake scene, but I'm tired of explaining things like that so I'll just leave it at that.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Or.

Danny and Jon fight and argue. Dany bails at some point during the fight. Dany has a change of heart and comes back to help at some point that's critical.

That's what happens. She flies off to Dragonstone in the next episode, leaving her army behind to help, and probably only returns as the people march south having been defeated, in the Exodus episode. She saves their asses then.

"You have to earn them."

I am not a troll. Next week, when Winterfell is at war with itself before the NK even arrives, it will start to line up with everything I have been saying.

As for Dany not being who she thinks she is, it might be revealed later. If Jon doesn't get burned by the end of ep 3 then I am probably wrong about it.

Remember who you are, Daenerys. The dragons know. Do you?

WRONG

Yes I realized it last week actually on the ASoIAF forums.

So was I wrong about people not accepting Dany and her leaving WF, leaving her troops behind, and WF being at war with each other before the NK arrives? That Royce would be a pain about Dany and Tyrion (I do wonder where Glover is...). We'll see soon. The above is a detail lol
And it was an X-Files moment:)

Last edited:

Diya

Oct 27, 2017
Underworld
We know part of the KL set gets set on fire but this is much more likely to be due to dragons or wildfire. Other than that, no, nothing.

Ok, King's Landing not having snow from what we've seen in trailers makes it seem like they don't reach it but most of the KL scenes in the trailers seem to be from the first episode so we'll just have to wait and see.

Based on how Sansa, Arya and the other northeners are reacting to Jon bending the knee (and also Sam's feelings to Dany) I'm starting to think that they will be partly responsible for their own undoing. While the literal apocalypse is coming everyone is too concerned with who is lord of what castle/kingdom and who is loyal to which house etc. I'm interested to see what Dany's reaction and subsequent actions are going to be once she finds out about Jon's heritage.

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
Why would Tyrion betray them?
Because they're trying somewhat to align with the books end game where KITN Jon with princess Arya and Dany in the north will march south on king Tyrion's and queen Sansa's Iron Throne. And as has been shown countless times if there's somewhere the show wants to get then they'll just make it happen with any stupid excuse.

Dec 2, 2017
I want to know, why Bran thought it so important that Jon knew about his heritage.
He was all "we have no time for unimportant things" in the Winterfell courtyard but apparently, it is of utmost importance that Sam told him he is Rhaegar's legitimate son.

Also, the episode was titled Winterfell. There is some guy on reddit who posted this a few days ago but it's not like this was hard to guess.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I want to know, why Bran thought it so important that Jon knew about his heritage.
He was all "we have no time for unimportant things" in the Winterfell courtyard but apparently, it is of utmost importance that Sam told him he is Rhaegar's legitimate son.

Also, the episode was titled Winterfell. There is some guy on reddit who posted this a few days ago but it's not like this was hard to guess.
Bran can see the future. He is Dr. Strange, making sure things happen when they are supposed to to ensure they win. Or whatever it is that Bran wants.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what are the possibilities of Stannis ride in LoTR style like Gandalf in helms deep and save winterfell?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Guys. I'm sorry. But. I figured it out. I really did.

Next episode, when Dany confronts Bran about Jon being Aegon and the true heir, when she doesn't believe him and Bran has to reveal to her something only she would know... He won't just tell her about a red door and a lemon tree which we see in a flashback of her childhood, which on its own will be enough.

He will reveal far more. While Jon is present, and maybe others.

The reveal is:

She is not Daenerys Targaryen.

She is just a blonde impersonator. She was raised to be married, to get an army, it was a long con. Even her brother knew. "You don't want to wake the dragon now do you?"

It was a trick.

She'll say she is a Targaryen. She survived the fire, twice. "It was blood magic. You burned your husband alive and the crone and the Dothrakis. It's why they follow you."
She can ride dragons. "You're their mother."
She can... take a really hot bath without feeling it. "No you can't. You know it."

He hands her a candle.

When she despairs, he tells her not to. He tells her she has found what she longed for "All the steps you have taken have led you here, where you belong... home."

That will make the GC leader taking the throne under the name of Aegon even more tragic. Sansa will know and tell everyone. When she marries "Aegon" it will make it even worst. Daenerys will be remembered as a witch usurper.

Edit: it also makes it NOT INCEST.

You are completely out of your mind. There is not a shred of evidence to support any of that. You are just trolling at this point.

Last edited:

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Bran becomes the night king after dying from exposure from being left outside all season. Somebody roll that boy inside.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well maybe the image of Arya is from when she trails pretender queen Daenerys FAKEgaryen to where she has taken up residence at Castle Black as the new Night's Queen and Arya is out to assassinate her!!!!
tenor.gif

0%. Stannis is dead, Dillane absolutely doesn't want to come back either. And even if he did, who would he ride with? His forces are gone.
Stannis would totally ally with the Night King to sit on the Iron Throne
I consider all off-screen deaths as *

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You are completely out of your mind. There is not a shred of evidence to support any of that. You are just trolling at this point.

I am not trolling. The title of the thread is Spoilers, theories and speculation. I back what I say based on what I see, the books, the interviews, the leaks.

Jon didn't get his hand burned for no reason, and GRRM isn't constantly reminding us of it for no reason.

Until yesterday I was sure Dany (and Jon's) reputation would be shot by the end of the story. But with all the focus on her claim, her bloodline, I feel it will all be taken from under her feet. She won't just be second to Aegon, she could marry him. She is not a Targaryen, she was a pawn Viserys and his entourage made up to get an army. She is literally a weapon. Her power is a result of magic, her reasoning to claim the throne a lie. The home with the red door and the lemon tree is her home, it's where she was born.

Clarke revealed to Vanity Fair that she's already filmed her final Game Of Thrones scene. "It f*cked me up," she said of her last moment on the show, in no way revealing whether she makes it all the way to the Season 8 finale or not. "Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is ...." And with that she trailed off, unable to say anything more.

I'll post some quotes from her first chapter tonight supporting it.

And... not incest!

Status
Not open for further replies.