• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Guys. I'm sorry. But. I figured it out. I really did.

Next episode, when Dany confronts Bran about Jon being Aegon and the true heir, when she doesn't believe him and Bran has to reveal to her something only she would know... He won't just tell her about a red door and a lemon tree which we see in a flashback of her childhood, which on its own will be enough.

He will reveal far more. While Jon is present, and maybe others.

The reveal is:

She is not Daenerys Targaryen.

She is just a blonde impersonator. She was raised to be married, to get an army, it was a long con. Even her brother knew. "You don't want to wake the dragon now do you?"

It was a trick.

She'll say she is a Targaryen. She survived the fire, twice. "It was blood magic. You burned your husband alive and the crone and the Dothrakis. It's why they follow you."
She can ride dragons. "You're their mother."
She can... take a really hot bath without feeling it. "No you can't. You know it."

He hands her a candle.

When she despairs, he tells her not to. He tells her she has found what she longed for "All the steps you have taken have led you here, where you belong... home."

That will make the GC leader taking the throne under the name of Aegon even more tragic. Sansa will know and tell everyone. When she marries "Aegon" it will make it even worst. Daenerys will be remembered as a witch usurper.

Edit: it also makes it NOT INCEST.
The stuff about the lemon trees and the house with the red door, and Quaith constantly manipulating and helping her through visions before important moments in the books make it seem possible for sure, but they just haven't seeded any of that stuff in the show.

It would feel out of nowhere.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The stuff about the lemon trees and the house with the red door, and Quaith constantly manipulating and helping her through visions before important moments in the books make it seem possible for sure, but they just haven't seeded any of that stuff in the show.

It would feel out of nowhere.

Exactly. If D&D knew that was how her arc was going to end, they would've foreshadowed it in the show before now. They very much did not. It's too much to ask of your audience in the last six episodes of a show to throw out literally everything you know about one of the main characters and accept they're actually someone completely different.

Even Jon's original reveal was done two whole seasons ago and was seeded throughout the show for years.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can be wrong, but since it's where I believe the books are going and I believe D&D will stick to GRRM's main character and world plot arcs, I have to say I do think it will happen in the show, and there is some foreshadowing of it, but mostly in the political and philosophical dialogue.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can be wrong, but since it's where I believe the books are going and I believe D&D will stick to GRRM's main character and world plot arcs, I have to say I do think it will happen in the show, and there is some foreshadowing of it, but mostly in the political and philosophical dialogue.

D&D aren't that subtle, though. Their foreshadowing is basically "brick through a window" level.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I figured it out, the ending that was promised

The symbol of the swirl is curly hair signalling Azor Ahai the person who will vanquish them.
BraNight King is giving the humans the clue to their demise through art as he is trapped in that form, but is trying to help through the simplest messaging possible

screen-shot-2019-04-15-at-8-52-49-am-1555332868.png

hot-pie-210.png
1462199174435.jpg
Meera-Reed.jpg

Dec 2, 2017
I figured it out, the ending that was promised

The symbol of the swirl is curly hair signalling Azor Ahai the person who will vanquish them.
BraNight King is giving the humans the clue to their demise through art as he is trapped in that form, but is trying to help through the simplest messaging possible

screen-shot-2019-04-15-at-8-52-49-am-1555332868.png

hot-pie-210.png
1462199174435.jpg
Meera-Reed.jpg

I think you forgot Edmure.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think a lot of the pushback you get is how you frame your posts. You don't say, "I think I know what might happen." You say, "I know it. I'm 100% certain." That makes people roll their eyes a lot more.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
D&D aren't that subtle, though. Their foreshadowing is basically "brick through a window" level.

I know. But I also feel they might have forced themselves to skip foreshadowing GRRM had in the books because in a TV show everything is faster and can be more obvious so it could have spoiled the biggest WTF moment of the show. For example, in the books Jon is often flexing his burned hand. It keeps coming back to this. And yes characters do things like that, like Davos and his finger bones bag. But if GRRM is foreshadowing that Jon being burned and Dany not being burned = Dany was empowered by magic, not her bloodline, how would that be done in the show? You would have to repeatedly zoom on Jon's burned hand as he flexes it, because it's always a moment of reflection. People would have thought "What's that about? Is his arm going to turn into Lightbringer? Jon is Azor Ahai? Is Jon really a Targ?" And then when it is confirmed that he clearly is, Dany being the unburnt starts to become potentially spoilery.

It could be done, but it's a TV show, and if this was their biggest WTF moment they might have written it in stone that they will not do anything that would lead people to guess it.

I can be completely wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but I think there are things they want to foreshadow and some they don't or they want to mislead us on.

For example Varys being told he will be burned alive, we all think he will be. But I can see her wanting to do it, but at a time when she lost her dragons, pissed off, being unable to, because of his betrayal. She takes her dragons for granted.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
I wanted the Hound & Arya reunion to be better, there's still hope for another Hot Pie reunion when they march south.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
This is how it felt to discuss with people that believed the "Jar Jar Binks = The ultimate sith lord" theory?

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think a lot of the pushback you get is how you frame your posts. You don't say, "I think I know what might happen." You say, "I know it. I'm 100% certain." That makes people roll their eyes a lot more.

But I cannot know anything. I am convinced of things. I never tell someone they're wrong, or this won't happen because so-and-so said something they didn't and provide no sources to back things. I never try to shut people down over their views, and when someone says something I feel makes more sense I agree to it and say so.

I started watching this show after s7 aired, after seeing bits of it here and there (I think I saw the sept being blown up episode, the last of s7, maybe bits of a few others). I then read all the books except AWoIaF and F&B because I don't care enough about world-building stuff to go through them. A year ago I didn't see things the way I do now. Then I read The Accursed Kings because GRRM mentioned it as a big source of inspiration, and I started to "get" (or so I think) what this series is about, and far more so after watching all his interviews.

"What did Aragorn do with the orcs? What was his tax policy?" So: how will the wildlings manage to make their home south if the north is lost, will they be accepted? If Sansa is queen, would she give them land or have them hunted down and chased out? We know from casting calls that there is a scene where people argue over land rights, that probably after the war. Since I have been thinking the north will be lost and Sansa will be queen, the northmen in exile (ep 4 is apparently titled exodus) will need new lands. That ties in with GRRM's « tax policy » point, and what happens to the orcs who flee to the mountains. If they flee to the mountains, the Vale will wipe them out. What happens to them? And would they now be a bunch of kneelers? Did they save themselves only to lose who they are? So They go back north, home. All this means the north cannot be accessed by Sansa and co, which means it is likely snowed for a long time, if not beyond a new wall further south, which the first teaser seemed to hint at.

That's one quote from GRRM that made me think all this, a casting call bit, a teaser. I could be totally wrong, but that's how I see the story now, differently than when I first finished the books. And I am looking forward to see what's next because no matter how wrong I am I think the show has been better than it had any rights to be, and it was borne out of a piece of work that I think will lead to an amazing ending in any case.

In the meantime I speculate, and I enjoy reading others' own views. But yeah « You know nothing Jon Snow. » I don't :)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Really hope they don't miss the opportunity to bring back some of the older (dead) characters.

Give me an undead Ned or Catelyn stalking Sansa and Arya, or an undead Joffrey or Tommen going after Cersie.

Also is The Mountain classed as undead ? If so, could The Night King can control him ? That could be an interesting twist.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are we doing predictions on who sits on the Iron Throne? If so I want to get in on the game. Let's do official thread!

Also is Arya gonna wear Little finger's face?

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Really hope they don't miss the opportunity to bring back some of the older (dead) characters.

Give me an undead Ned or Catelyn stalking Sansa and Arya, or an undead Joffrey or Tommen going after Cersie.

Also is The Mountain classed as undead ? If so, could The Night King can control him ? That could be an interesting twist.

I'm hoping for a Mountain vs. White Walker'ed Hound bout. Let's go!

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only land somewhat fit for the Starks and northmen if the north is lost to "winter" (including the Riverlands), is probably the Vale. Unless of course boss Sansa is queen and can just shove people out to make some room.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How far down do you think the dead will go? No way they get halted at winterfell.

I think as far as shown in the teaser:

Approximately here, where a new wall would rise:
SvYWL6v.jpg

I really believe most people will not believe or even know the dead walked south at all.

Also note that this is Dragonstone's map-table. Whatever that means.

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
So we got like 5 episodes left. Is there any possible way for Tyrion to end this show with a W? Sansa dunks on him this episodes. Jamies gonna blow up his Cersi spot and dunk on him the next ep. Too many consecutive L's for the last 3 seasons.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
So we got like 5 episodes left. Is there any possible way for Tyrion to end this show with a W? Sansa dunks on him this episodes. Jamies gonna blow up his Cersi spot and dunk on him the next ep. Too many consecutive L's for the last 3 seasons.

At this point, a betrayal that isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things would be his W. I feel like they are telegraphing it by making him so key in S7 and then suddenly he has nothing to do.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty certain about what's going to happen in this season overall, but I just can't predict for sure what's going to do Cersei with the Golden Company, I don't imagine her just waiting 4 episodes in KL doing nothing and just waiting for the WW to come there after they decimate Winterfell.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. I feel like they will stop the white walkers in episode 3 or 4 and have to deal with Cersei for 4ish- episode 6.

I cannot see how they wrap this up in a satisfying way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Stannis/Melisandre love making stains doe

he's got to sruvive WF battle, survive bronsassination, survive 2nd battle

idk, unless they find another dragon egg he's kinda fucked

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tyrion will kill Cersei and blow up Kingslanding, finally getting revenge against all the people that wronged him. That's his W. He'll get executed, but it will be all worth it for him. This is the "bittersweet" ending the cast has been saying over and over for the past 2 years.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty certain about what's going to happen in this season overall, but I just can't predict for sure what's going to do Cersei with the Golden Company, I don't imagine her just waiting 4 episodes in KL doing nothing and just waiting for the WW to come there after they decimate Winterfell.
I think and hope they're wrapping up the white Walker issue quickly. And they should because they're basically just spectacle with no real story behind them. I'm much more interested in the confrontation with cersi and company and how that all shakes out.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I think the dragons will live and have babies saving the race
Think asoiaf will go for the opposite of Tolkien

Magic is fully reborn into the world And doesn't die

I mean magic was basically dead before the dragons were reborn south of the wall and even then it's few far between
Nothing would change for most people if it died.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I feel like they will stop the white walkers in episode 3 or 4 and have to deal with Cersei for 4ish- episode 6.

I cannot see how they wrap this up in a satisfying way.

I mean, I actually think that the WW will reach Kings Landing.

It's a certainty that the last episodes will be big action in Kings Landing, and there's no way that Dany/Jon will have enough forces after the Winterfell battle to launch an attack in KL.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Tyrion will kill Cersei and blow up Kingslanding, finally getting revenge against all the people that wronged him. That's his W. He'll get executed, but it will be all worth it for him. This is the "bittersweet" ending the cast has been saying over and over for the past 2 years.

I think that's too nihilistic, it's not sweet, just bitter. It's too much of a Mad King plot.

From the moment I read the first book I felt Tyrion would end up at the wall, mainly from the way he was treated by Mormont and the others close to him, who seem to enjoy his company and him theirs, him pissing over the wall, and I seem to recall him saying he could enjoy living there? But really his main point was that the stories of grumpkins are just that, the wall useless. He liked the place. Obviously he knows better now. Plus, his problems with women would be behind him, and he could spend his time reading a lot.

But while I do believe there will be a new wall, it's difficult to imagine a new night watch existing unless it's in an epilogue. I expect him to inherit Casterly Rock from the new rulers, after saving KL. But he will have lost everyone he loved in the process.

And who are you, the proud lord said, That I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, That's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, A lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, As long and sharp as yours. And so he spoke, and so he spoke, That lord of Castamere, But now the rains weep o'er his hall, With no one there to hear. Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, And not a soul to hear.

That song I feel is Tyrion answering to his father or sister who ask « Who are you that I must bow so low? », saying he is as much of a Lannister as them, but then he is speaking to no one, because they are dead, everyone he loved is dead.

I could see him abandoning his heritage, which he doesn't want now that he has it as it's become empty to him, and joins the Night's Watch, becomes lord commander, standing on the wall once more, looking north, where he knows Jon lives on as king beyond the wall, somewhere.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
I think the dragons will live and have babies saving the race
Think asoiaf will go for the opposite of Tolkien

Magic is fully reborn into the world And doesn't die

I mean magic was basically dead before the dragons were reborn south of the wall and even then it's few far between
Nothing would change for most people if it died.
I think it is super likely dragons and magic become more prominent after the dust settles. It would be fitting.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I actually think that the WW will reach Kings Landing.

It's a certainty that the last episodes will be big action in Kings Landing, and there's no way that Dany/Jon will have enough forces after the Winterfell battle to launch an attack in KL.
Maybe. Maybe the dead hit king's landing (which I do think will happen) and Cersei, instead of fighting with the people trying to stop the dead will try and pick off the northmen and Danny. Cersei doesn't give a shit about anyone, she bombed the biggest church in King's landing to take out her enemies so I could totally see her trying to use the attack of the dead to secure her own position.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I wanted the Hound & Arya reunion to be better, there's still hope for another Hot Pie reunion when they march south.
It was a bit of a letdown..but in hindsight, probably pretty realistic for their first reunion.

I mean she left him for dead, suffering..as good as dead as far as she was concerned. They were hardly going to hug..even if the fandom wanted them to. It took physical pain for Arya to even admit she didn't hate him in the House of Black and White.

I suspect one will save the other/put themselves in harms way for the other at some point.
If The Hound dies (I'd say there's a 50/50 chance) it'll either be by protecting Arya..or overcoming his fear of fire to take out The Mountain..or both.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think as far as shown in the teaser:

Approximately here, where a new wall would rise:
SvYWL6v.jpg

I really believe most people will not believe or even know the dead walked south at all.

There's really no chance they're gonna pull an "and nobody actually believed anything happened" for a literal extinction-level event for more than half the continent. Even if the North is kind of independent it still interacted with the other Kingdoms on a very regular basis. Having all that just completely go dark would draw attention.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's really no chance they're gonna pull an "and nobody actually believed anything happened" for a literal extinction-level event for more than half the continent. Even if the North is kind of independent it still interacted with the other Kingdoms on a very regular basis. Having all that just completely go dark would draw attention.

The people of the north are in the north, and the north is getting wiped out right now.

We'll see how they handle the arrival of wildlings and the night's watch. Jon said to bring everyone back. I think the northmen will freak out when a huge hoard of wildlings arrive.

A few decades later the official story will be: Daenerys destroyed the wall with her dragons to let the wildlings (friends of Jon Snow) through and conquer the north.

Those who see the NK and his army pretty much die, they don't live on to tell the story. The few who will survive might not want the truth revealed, especially about Daenerys, especially if in the end she did try to save their asses as they fled the north.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Really hooe they deserve and the final battle of the white walkers is not kings landing but at storms end

Go with a trilogy
First battle winterfell loss
2nd battle kings landing loss
3rd battle storms end victory

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
It was a bit of a letdown..but in hindsight, probably pretty realistic for their first reunion.

I mean she left him for dead, suffering..as good as dead as far as she was concerned. They were hardly going to hug..even if the fandom wanted them to. It took physical pain for Arya to even admit she didn't hate him in the House of Black and White.

I suspect one will save the other/put themselves in harms way for the other at some point.
If The Hound dies (I'd say there's a 50/50 chance) it'll either be by protecting Arya..or overcoming his fear of fire to take out The Mountain..or both.

I really enjoyed their reunion. It felt like two people who respected the hell out of each other, but didn't particularly like each other.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The people of the north are in the north, and the north is getting wiped out right now.

We'll see how they handle the arrival of wildlings and the night's watch. Jon said to bring everyone back. I think the northmen will freak out when a huge hoard of wildlings arrive.

A few decades later the official story will be: Daenerys destroyed the wall with her dragons to let the wildlings (friends of Jon Snow) through and conquer the north.

Those who see the NK and his army pretty much die, they don't live on to tell the story. The few who will survive might not want the truth revealed, especially about Daenerys, especially if in the end she did try to save their asses as they fled the north.

But the wildlings are gonna die too. The entire North is going to be extinct, and that means trade with that region will be cut off, and the North actually DOES export resources (wood, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.