• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Do the ennemies respawn when you travel back to the previous dungeons...? otherwise I am pretty much blocked in Deva against those Spawns...I do not do enough damage to kill all of them before they respawn so its basically an infinite battle.I hate when a game like this punishes you because I decided to take one branch of skills but against those guys,I would need 2 people with an AoE spell and I have just one...

Also why do I have a blue exclamation point in the character screen where they show you your skills and your passive skill below,when there is nothing new in there,the place where you see the pots as well and why does optimize all doesnt really optomize because if I do it myself after,I can equip better stuff...can you respec or something...?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Do the ennemies respawn when you travel back to the previous dungeons...? otherwise I am pretty much blocked in Deva against those Spawns...I do not do enough damage to kill all of them before they respawn so its basically an infinite battle.I hate when a game like this punishes you because I decided to take one branch of skills but against those guys,I would need 2 people with an AoE spell and I have just one...

Also why do I have a blue exclamation point in the character screen where they show you your skills and your passive skill below,when there is nothing new in there,the place where you see the pots as well and why does optimize all doesnt really optomize because if I do it myself after,I can equip better stuff...can you respec or something...?
No enemies on the map respawn. There's a fixed number of battles in the game. As for the enemies you're talking about, are those are the ones that have summoners in the same battle? Look for enemies in the battle with "summoner" in their status list and take those out first.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
No enemies on the map respawn. There's a fixed number of battles in the game. As for the enemies you're talking about, are those are the ones that have summoners in the same battle? Look for enemies in the battle with "summoner" in their status list and take those out first.

Thanks...after my small rage quit because of those Spawns,I actually thought about what you said because I noticed one of the 5 on screen had a weird glow to him,so it was probably that one...this should make the fight a little easier now.

Ghz

Apr 2, 2019
Budapest
Tell me most of you guys went to Youtube to figure out this stupid floor tiles puzzle in Deva,jesus christ...I refuse to go look up the solution so I am probably done,what a waste of time.

Outside the puzzle area on the left side there is a note, which would help you a lot figuring this puzzle out. And also make sure you explore the small room at the right side.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Finally managed to complete the game, normal, 24 hours. Phew. Don't understand how some could do it in 6 hours. I'm getting old I guess...

Better then I expected, and gave me that itch for dungeon crawlers, so I bought Vaporum as well.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so the Test of Skill wears its name well because I guess I have no skill and cant do it,really a frustrating floor thing again and I just dont have the patience to deal with it...I was hoping there wasnt some Grimrock type speed trap stuff in this game because I could not finish Grimrock either...oh well,was fun while it lasted...those rats are annoying also.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why I'm having a random difficulty spike with this game. I'm at the Gate to the Underworld area, in the battle that spawns after you solve the arrow puzzle. I've had zero problems up to this point, and suddenly this battle has wiped my entire party repeatedly. They basically stunlock all of my characters into oblivion so we can't even react. If one of my characters attacks they begin counterattacking and the stunning begins again, to the point where they literally attack four or five times in a row until my whole party is wiped. I have found every battle and secret up until this point, so I'm not underleveled. I have no particular defense against stun, there's some armor here and there but none of the sets I have seem to be based around this. I'm really confused.

Ghz

Apr 2, 2019
Budapest
I don't understand why I'm having a random difficulty spike with this game. I'm at the Gate to the Underworld area, in the battle that spawns after you solve the arrow puzzle. I've had zero problems up to this point, and suddenly this battle has wiped my entire party repeatedly. They basically stunlock all of my characters into oblivion so we can't even react. If one of my characters attacks they begin counterattacking and the stunning begins again, to the point where they literally attack four or five times in a row until my whole party is wiped. I have found every battle and secret up until this point, so I'm not underleveled. I have no particular defense against stun, there's some armor here and there but none of the sets I have seem to be based around this. I'm really confused.

That fight shouldn't be so hard. We will look into it, maybe it's a strange really rare bug what you experienced. I'll keep you updated. I hope you managed to win that fight meanwhile. Thank you!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That fight shouldn't be so hard. We will look into it, maybe it's a strange really rare bug what you experienced. I'll keep you updated. I hope you managed to win that fight meanwhile. Thank you!
I did manage to win it by switching out some party members and some lucky AOE over time damage. While I don't think it was an actual "bug" per se, it had something to do with my first few AOE attacks which would trigger Garaboncia wizards(?) to counter with AOE stun attacks. I'm not sure if this was balanced properly so if you look into it I'd just look into their ability to stun everyone pretty easily, it was exacerbated by the fact that there were two. I stopped AOE attacking and focused on one. Maybe it was intended, I don't know.

Great game overall though BTW, I'm loving it!

Ghz

Apr 2, 2019
Budapest
I did manage to win it by switching out some party members and some lucky AOE over time damage. While I don't think it was an actual "bug" per se, it had something to do with my first few AOE attacks which would trigger Garaboncia wizards(?) to counter with AOE stun attacks. I'm not sure if this was balanced properly so if you look into it I'd just look into their ability to stun everyone pretty easily, it was exacerbated by the fact that there were two. I stopped AOE attacking and focused on one. Maybe it was intended, I don't know.

Great game overall though BTW, I'm loving it!

Nice! :) We will make some minor adjustments to make sure the fight stays fair, thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'm glad you are enjoying the game, have fun! :)

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So on my character inventory screen no equipment is showing on the right, only equipped items show up.
While on the dedicated inventory screen I can't see who's got what at the moment.

Is this just the game being weird or is it a bug?

Edit my mistake I guess :) great game so far, might dethrone bards tale iv for me when it comes to modern drpgs.

Last edited:

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got on gamepass and played 4-5 hours and man is this game amazing

Seriously - a modern WORTHY successor to Eye of the beholder series

.. and i have rarely seen such a polished game outside of first party stuff - cannot recommend enough!

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Got on gamepass and played 4-5 hours and man is this game amazing

Same here. Aside from the writing and voice acting - which admittedly are huge grievances - this is pretty good. It's got such a nice mixture of battles, puzzles, exposition and exploration that it keeps feeling fresh. Some of the environments are beautiful, though they do feel a little game engine-y, like you just immediately get the feel that it runs on UE4, but that's not to take away from it, because most of it is very well done. Loved the
Copper Forest
. The static pictures are also well drawn, but a little jarring in how they fit with the environment. It's just a completely different style.

I applaud how this does inventory management. It shouldn't need to be said, it's just often I think we spend too much time shuffling items in the inventory and while this certainly has some of that, everytime you need to equip something, at least the inventory space seems to be limitless (unsure if it is), so you can do it at your own pace. The only niggle is when you need to move stuff or use spells with characters that aren't in your current party. That's a hassle.

The slight Metroidvania structure is also very compelling. I'm constantly looking forward to revisiting old areas, when aquiring new items. Would have liked to see more of it, perhaps in a more - I almost don't dare say it - open world. Not free roaming obviously, but Metroid style open world, with areas being locked behind upgrades, just without the loading screens, which would also give the player a better sense of how everything is placed in relation to each other.

I'm 20+ hours in and probably not too far from the end. Is there a point of no return or can I always go back and clean up?

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
This game reminded me a lot of Lands of Lore, a streamlined take on the genre that wins you with it's charm, pretty graphics and fairy tale atmosphere. For the first few levels I was completely hooked.

Then it slowly started to piss me off. This is the type of game that uses party banter to ensure the player always knows what to do. I mean, that may work for a cinematic 3rd person shooter but I don't think it's a good idea to force unsolicited hints down the players throat in a RPG of this type. And the thing is, it gets worse over time. The more PCs you recruit it seems, the more likely any one of them is going to trip over him or herself to spoil a puzzle/mechanic as soon as you encounter it. In the end while I did finish the game this robbed me of a lot of the enjoyment I might have had solving the dungeons and left a sour aftertaste.

I'm 20+ hours in and probably not too far from the end. Is there a point of no return or can I always go back and clean up?
You can go back up until the end.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Then it slowly started to piss me off. This is the type of game that uses party banter to ensure the player always knows what to do.

Yeah, that is annoying. They're afraid of leaving anyone behind, so they have the characters pointing out everything you find. "This number must be important" or "I know this one, you have to match the colors". It's just modern gaming in a nutshell. Not enough to spoil my enjoyment though, but it shouldn't be there.

Grimrock did it better.

You can go back up until the end.

Cool. I'll keep pushing forward then. My party is a little overpowered and I rarely need to rest at bonfires (have 50+ wood pieces), so I'll wait to collect the rest until the end then. No need to add to their power.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Really sad. Was enjoying the game, like 3 hours in and then it just stopped launching. I alt tabbed while it was starting and it crashed and then it just crashed immediately upon opening forever after that. Tried to reset app (knowing I'd lose my save because they are locked up in game pass version) and it still didn't work. Got to reinstall the game now but... I don't know if I'm willing to replay the beginning.

edit: aw shit cloud saves actually working on game pass games for once. Reinstalled the game and it works, save is intact.

Last edited:

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
Started this a few days ago and just by the Reka boss, its a lot of fun! The dungeons are great and have a nice balance of exploration to combat to puzzles. Combat or at least the set number of battles per area is a lot different from other drpgs i've played and i think the battle system suffers a bit for it but on the whole i'm really positive about it thus far

krossj

Dec 4, 2017
I finished it! The first half of the game is really well done and the dungeons look great throughout (Glass Palace especially had a great visual design) but toward the end the balance fell apart between the exploration and puzzles with a lot more obtuse solutions which left me reluctantly looking some stuff up. I ended up appreciating the battle system a lot more than i did previously and completely understand the set number of battles now, it really lets each battle be interesting and a challenge within its self.

I did encounter a few bugs on Switch though, twice during battle the game froze in the tomb of atilla and i had a very weird bug with an autosave that wouldn't let me trigger a boss battle in the copper forest but the npc would appear on the map. I'd like to see what Zen studios would do with another dungeon crawler in the future, had a lot of interesting ideas which refined could be great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I finished it! The first half of the game is really well done and the dungeons look great throughout (Glass Palace especially had a great visual design) but toward the end the balance fell apart between the exploration and puzzles with a lot more obtuse solutions which left me reluctantly looking some stuff up. I ended up appreciating the battle system a lot more than i did previously and completely understand the set number of battles now, it really lets each battle be interesting and a challenge within its self.

I did encounter a few bugs on Switch though, twice during battle the game froze in the tomb of atilla and i had a very weird bug with an autosave that wouldn't let me trigger a boss battle in the copper forest but the npc would appear on the map. I'd like to see what Zen studios would do with another dungeon crawler in the future, had a lot of interesting ideas which refined could be great.

Yeah, definitely curious to see them tackle another game in this space.