• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
God I'm rubbish at this, can't get to the top of the second tower in the first dungeon :(

I've lit the tourches and got past to another room, got a key to open a locked chest and opened one of two but now the next door is closed. Think I've been everywhere on the map

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
I'm stuck on this puzzle too.

I've read the journal outside but I still have no idea how to solve it. What do you mean by the one stone you wouldn't reach? Do you have to step on them in order? I wanted to play this over the weekend but this puzzle stopped my progress stone dead yesterday morning.

Here's the drawing I've used. :)

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
How many times did you rest? I think I rested one time going through that. Every time you level up your characters get their health and mana refueled.

You shouldn't use up a lot of mana during fights, the majority should be regular attacks. Also, using the guard command in a fight recovers some mana.

A good strategy is get the opponents down to 1 left then have all your characters guard to recover mana.
Yea I had like 16 firewood or something going into the Reka boss fight, don't rest so much.

Sorry, should have clarified; it was the opposite problem I had. Despite having 21+ firewood, I couldn't find a campfire anywhere in the dungeon. When we started, one of the party members says something like "are you sure you want to do this, we can't leave until it is finished", so I just assumed it was some kind of endurance test. So I went through the whole thing balancing healing spells, abilities, level ups, and 3x herbal teas. But by the time I was on the last challenge of the dungeon, I had basically no energy, and was starting the fight with half my party at about 15 hp left, and my next level ups were very far away.

...I was just a total scrub, and there actually was a single campsite in a corner before the gates that I somehow missed when exploring the dungeon. I must admit though, it felt pretty good to finally rest and then roast the last of that dungeon with my fire mage :)

Leonadar

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if party members not in your battle group get XP? I just got my 5th party member and wasn't sure if I should be rotating members in and out.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
It's the puzzle on the next level I'm stuck on now.

The puzzle with the numbered switches. It seems like it makes sense, but the final switch does nothing but reset all the other switches.

Haha, that's a good one!

4+4=11, 11+11=1, step to it, right? Start with the button numbered 4 and see which other button is 4 steps away from it. It should be 11, which is the next button you should press.

Based on this the next one is easy, 11 steps from number 11 is 1. If you use the same method, which is 1 step from the number 1 switch?

So the order is 4->11->1->5->8 and then the unnumbered next to the small windows thingie

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only that feels like the PC version would have increased performance in a dedicated full-screen video mode? Of all the (sparse) video options, I don't know why this is missing.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only that feels like the PC version would have increased performance in a dedicated full-screen video mode? Of all the (sparse) video options, I don't know why this is missing.
It's available on the standalone version that's on EGS. That's why I ended up deleting the gamepass PC version and buying it on there. :/ Runs like a dream and I get gsync support.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
9 hours in, still loving it, got to the
world tree
. I think I'll stop revisiting places for now and just go back when I have most of the items to unlock secrets and paths, I keep going back to just do 1 thing and then...well I do that 1 thing and cant do much else, so theres little point.

Apart from my main girl (a mage), I'm still running with the
poison dude, the archer old man but I've replaced the knight with the hammer lady
. I dont care for the
shapeshifter
at all. I mostly use aoe skills as most of these fights seem to have a lot of enemies so it makes sense, I'm going down the skill trees that favor AO and also replaced quite a few single target skills with aoe now.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Yeah,I just finished the first dungeon and now have 3 members but I started noticing that a nice AoE spell could come in handy but I have or chosen none so far,hopefully they come soon because some fights are getting longish when theres like 4 ennemies and I can only target one...also all those taunts lol...

Game is great in the genre so far,loving it.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Deva Fortress puzzle question...

There's a light thing in the basement of the building, but I cannot seem to find what where I need to go to find the sigil it's leading me to. Closest I get is two "triangles" away. It seems like it's in the basement there, but on the other side of the wall. I just have no idea how to get over there. I can see an entrance from the outside, but no way to actually get to it. I've just gotten the hammer back and the lady joined my party. Maybe I just need to continue on further?

Jan 13, 2018
Is there a way to go back to previous dungeons? I accidentally completed & exited the first Underwater Castle before solving all the puzzles, and would like to revisit it.

I'm liking this game a lot, in general. It's nowhere near as deadly as Wizardry (yet), and it's not bogged down with overland & towns like Etrian Odyssey can be. Straight to the good stuff - the dungeons. ⚔

(The VO & bickering banter is terrible, tho )

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to go back to previous dungeons? I accidentally completed & exited the first Underwater Castle before solving all the puzzles, and would like to revisit it.

I'm liking this game a lot, in general. It's nowhere near as deadly as Wizardry (yet), and it's not bogged down with overland & towns like Etrian Odyssey can be. Straight to the good stuff - the dungeons. ⚔

(The VO & bickering banter is terrible, tho )
Yes, there will be a way to return whenever you want.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Deva Fortress puzzle question...

There's a light thing in the basement of the building, but I cannot seem to find what where I need to go to find the sigil it's leading me to. Closest I get is two "triangles" away. It seems like it's in the basement there, but on the other side of the wall. I just have no idea how to get over there. I can see an entrance from the outside, but no way to actually get to it. I've just gotten the hammer back and the lady joined my party. Maybe I just need to continue on further?

There are actually two hidden marks that can be gathered this way. Without spoiling too much, both of them are on the top floor (where the hammer is/was), you have to be quick and efficient for both of them.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
There are actually two hidden marks that can be gathered this way. Without spoiling too much, both of them are on the top floor (where the hammer is/was), you have to be quick and efficient for both of them.
Hmm. I did go up that way but didn't see anything. Guess I'll try again.

Falconhoof

Oct 30, 2017
I'm rocketing through this now, and generally enjoying it, but I'm stuck on yet another puzzle, and this one appears to have no hints or logic.
The Copper Forest. Smelting the five copper branches to make the key. What do you need to do to calibrate the machine to smelt the branches? There's three dials with numbers on that you can rotate but I have no idea what to do at all.
This level is a massive difficulty spike. If you've been sailing through the combat get ready for a shock.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
It seems I'm missing a lot of optional items and ar
I'm rocketing through this now, and generally enjoying it, but I'm stuck on yet another puzzle, and this one appears to have no hints or logic.
The Copper Forest. Smelting the five copper branches to make the key. What do you need to do to calibrate the machine to smelt the branches? There's three dials with numbers on that you can rotate but I have no idea what to do at all.
This level is a massive difficulty spike. If you've been sailing through the combat get ready for a shock.

Watch the number of smoke puffs coming out of the chimneys.

But yeah, I've been well stocked with firewood (~15) until I got here. Now I'm down to 6.
Also, a respec option would be very nice.

Falconhoof

Oct 30, 2017
It seems I'm missing a lot of optional items and ar

Watch the number of smoke puffs coming out of the chimneys.

But yeah, I've been well stocked with firewood (~15) until I got here. Now I'm down to 6.
Also, a respec option would be very nice.
I keep solving these inbetween being stuck and asking for advice and you answering :) Thanks though and I'm sure I'll be back grovelling for advice.

Took about an hour of staring at the puzzle for clues and scouring the whole of the level looking for something I'd missed before I noticed it. So obvious now.

Honestly the puzzles in this are pretty good. I like that there's no repetition of the puzzles. You do one, you move on, and then you don't see another similar puzzle again.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
I keep solving these inbetween being stuck and asking for advice and you answering :) Thanks though and I'm sure I'll be back grovelling for advice.

Took about an hour of staring at the puzzle for clues and scouring the whole of the level looking for something I'd missed before I noticed it. So obvious now.

Honestly the puzzles in this are pretty good. I like that there's no repetition of the puzzles. You do one, you move on, and then you don't see another similar puzzle again.

No problem, finally a game where I can be of some help. :D
Regarding this area, the next puzzle is the best of the game, I think. You'll hate it, I hated it, but it's sooooo logical.

Falconhoof

Oct 30, 2017
No problem, finally a game where I can be of some help. :D
Regarding this area, the next puzzle is the best of the game, I think. You'll hate it, I hated it, but it's sooooo logical.
Well, I'm stuck again :)
Still in Copper Forest. Smelted the branches. Used the big dial on the pot, brought it up, got the basement key. Unlocked two of the doors, no idea where the third, or fourth key even, is. It's where there are four locked doors in a row. First two are open but no idea where the other two are. Is it something to do with that furnace room with glowing red pillars and turrets moving along the wall? There's a contraption on one of the pillars but you can't interact with it.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Well, I'm stuck again :)
Still in Copper Forest. Smelted the branches. Used the big dial on the pot, brought it up, got the basement key. Unlocked two of the doors, no idea where the third, or fourth key even, is. It's where there are four locked doors in a row. First two are open but no idea where the other two are. Is it something to do with that furnace room with glowing red pillars and turrets moving along the wall? There's a contraption on one of the pillars but you can't interact with it.

Haha, that's what I was talking about, it's really crazy! :D

It's exactly as the hint says: earth, wind, fire, water. Some are below, some are above.
Earth is simple: it's literally in the earth - a shovel can helo
Water is also easy, it's in the water.
Fire? Which is the hottest place in the level? So hot that it can literally melt copper? You've already been here, but maybe you didn't go deep enough.
And finally, air. You don't need to worry about it until you open the three other doors, then maybe you'll get another hint from above.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at Devo now.. but this game is such a gem.

Question about the light grabber in the underwater temple though, the one to the left... I got the one to the right just fine.. but can't find where the left one is supposed to be. I just can't seem to find anything on the walls.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Ok, now I need some help.
How the hell am I suppose to kill that stone giant in the tomb after repairing the collapsed bridge? I can easily hit it until it's HP goes below 100 but then it conjures some mushrooms and they heal it back completely. I was fighting for 20 mins doing this circle again and again. Sleep / stun / silence don't seem to work and even if I keep my big hitting spells until the last part, they often miss or just not powerful enough to kill it before the mushrooms come...

Ghz

Apr 2, 2019
Budapest
Ok, now I need some help.
How the hell am I suppose to kill that stone giant in the tomb after repairing the collapsed bridge? I can easily hit it until it's HP goes below 100 but then it conjures some mushrooms and they heal it back completely. I was fighting for 20 mins doing this circle again and again. Sleep / stun / silence don't seem to work and even if I keep my big hitting spells until the last part, they often miss or just not powerful enough to kill it before the mushrooms come...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
do we really need to spoiler tag location names in a game that 100% makes up it's own lore and names. Like, what exactly are we spoiling by saying "I'm stuck in Labyrinth of Deathly Despair guys" (that's not actually a location name btw), it's not like its a LotR game and you're saying "I'm stuck in the battle of helm's deep you know? Anyway...

Copper Forest
sure was a bump in difficulty like someone said earlier (it was also the best level so far imo, content wise), and
Deeper into Copper Forest
seems to be even harder. Also I would NOT have figured out the
smoke puffs
puzzle so thanks to whoever did earlier in the thread lol.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
This would be great as a mobile game that I could play on the train. I don't even mean that in a bad way, I'm really enjoying it on console but it could be fully playable on a phone as well.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
fuck me the difficulty is ramp up is crazy later on

completely stuck on
gate to the underworld
too, can only find 4 of the 7 keys needed (and I'm pretty sure this is the level another poster was saying he had to reload a save because a quest item was in a locked chest, one of the things I needed was in fact in a locked chest, and I only had 1 key, that is HORRIBLE design)

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
double post for visibility, help?

Stuck on Gate to the Underworld, got 4/7 of the items, can't do or find anything else.

There is a locked gate to the north of the map near a campfire that I dont have a key for.

There is a locked gate in the basement that I cant seem to find any switch to open.

I can't figure out the
broken statue
puzzle with the arrows, nor do I even have
5 arrows to use, I only have 3 (there are 5 pilars to put them on)

edit: welp nvm, found the solution to the puzzle in this video (timestamped) if anyone is stumped like I was, and then you also get a ket to progress in the level so I can at elast move on yay.

Last edited:

Leonadar

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an optimal path for the trap door room Balvanyos? I'm having a real tough time trying to get through it.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at a loss, in what I'm certain is the last area (Glass Palace)

I'm on the third floor and I've come across a puzzle where my character says that we need to "switch it on." There's an elevator nearby that moves another elevator, and a weight which I've placed on the switch. On the way up to that level is a receptacle for a channeling crystal. On the first floor, I powered down the red crystal and grabbed that one and moved it up there, and then I combined the yellow and blue lights and sent them upstairs. The weird thing is that I can see them going into the wall just before the upper level channeling crystal, but they never connect. What am I missing here? Did I need to somehow send the red up too? But I haven't found another channeling crystal.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I figured it out.

You can turn off the yellow one and take that crystal. The upper one actually needs purple light. Bam

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Well thats it for me...stopped at the Spawns that keep spawning,I cant believe this far into the game that I have nothing to revive someone and just one character with a decent AoE spell...plus add the painfully slow animation for said respawning ennemies that I cant bear it anymore...too bad,I was having fun with it.

Jan 13, 2018
I'm still early on (finally have access to Fast Travel, tho), and havin' a blast in this.

The levelling seems pretty balanced for combat; there's no random wandering mobs to grind out levels on, and I've pretty much been at "suitable" level the whole time as I progress. So far, anyway.

I appear to have missed a lot of Secrets in previous levels (according to the Fast Travel map overviews). Will I need to re-visit those dungeons, to pick up items I'll need to progress further at some point? Or are those Secrets more for the 100% completionist / 'chievo hunter?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and done. Great game, bit longer than I hoped perhaps, I was pretty much ready to be done with it near the end, but I really enjoyed it.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I recently started this and am about halfway through, but Operencia is way better than I was expecting. It has a great combat to exploration mix, and has an extremely balanced not too hard, but not too easy difficulty. I'm really enjoying it so far.

The only downside is the voice acting. Aeana was right the first time; it's almost appallingly bad at times. You get used to it, though.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I recently started this and am about halfway through, but Operencia is way better than I was expecting. It has a great combat to exploration mix, and has an extremely balanced not too hard, but not too easy difficulty. I'm really enjoying it so far

The only downside is the voice acting. Aeana was right the first time; it's almost appallingly bad at times. You get used to it, though.
I think some of the characters have excellent voice acting, and some not so much. Jóska is excellent, for instance, whereas Mezey is incredibly bad.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of the characters have excellent voice acting, and some not so much. Jóska is excellent, for instance, whereas Mezey is incredibly bad.

Even Jóska doesn't do it for me. He often tries to come across as flippant, but I feel like he just sounds flat. But you would know voice acting better than me, so maybe I'm not giving him enough credit.