• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno but considering it's never considered one of your "free" toppings and is always extra, I'm going to say yes it's a scam.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I've noticed it's only worth it if you're in the pizza place when they do it. If you order delivery you'll have nothing to compare it to.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
At Domino's, you have the option of extra or double toppings. It's the same damn amount and it sure as hell ain't double.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It depends on the pizza place. Ideally they already put enough cheese on the pie so one never even thinks about it. Some places skimp on cheese so badly (like Chanello's in Virginia) that ordering extra cheese is an absolute must.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Probably depends on the place. When I made pizzas, double cheese meant double cheese. We put a layer over the toppings as well as under the toppings.

Stabi

Oct 25, 2017
France / san francisco
Extra cheese is a scam.

There's just never enough cheese in my burgers, my cheese steaks, etc.

I wish we would switch to the opposite where others have to ask for less cheese.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pro tip

If you going through the line at like Moes or Chipotle or whatever let them put the meat on then tell them you want double the meat.

If you tell them up front you're fucking yourself.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
The only time I want a bunch of cheese on a pizza is if there's multiple types of it, like a Quattro formaggi or something.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
We used to live near a Papa John's and ordered a few times. Cant eat it without the extra cheese lol.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on where you´re getting the pizza from. There are places that definitely hook you up with extra cheese.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Worked at Pizza Hut in high school, it's not a scam. They put a decent amount of extra cheese on there.

The thing is we would often put extra cheese on regular pizzas because we were never that strict about topping measurements.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Like others have said it depends.

On Pizza Hut/Papa Johns I can't always tell. However, from almost all my local joints, the extra cheese is always noticeable.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I dunno about extra cheese, but the difference between a cheese pizza and a triple cheese pizza is substantial

a triple cheese pizza is a cheesy pizza

a cheese pizza is a tomato sauce pizza with cheese sprinkled on top

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
there's a local place that DEFINITELY throws extra on. like that shit is basically sliding off the slice because it's too heavy. you'll be having shits the size of pringles cans if you eat a few slices

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My local place growing up always put the extra cheese on, choking hazard levels of cheese

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I never get extra cheese. The dominos I order from does a good job at loading the pizza with default options.

I once ordered double toppings and that pizza was ready to rip through the box it was so heavy.

Sep 14, 2019
Nope, it's amazing, especially when you include extra sauce, pineapple and bell peppers.

Just be careful if you're lactose intolerant 😅

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's a scam, but you reminded me I haven't had cheese pizza in years and now one is on the way. So, thanks I guess?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pro tip

If you going through the line at like Moes or Chipotle or whatever let them put the meat on then tell them you want double the meat.

If you tell them up front you're fucking yourself.
This is a good idea.
my other one is to ask for a grande coffee at Starbucks, but ask to put it in a venti cup (Under the pretense that you need lots of room for cream). They usually just give you basically a venti.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good idea.
my other one is to ask for a grande coffee at Starbucks, but ask to put it in a venti cup (Under the pretense that you need lots of room for cream). They usually just give you basically a venti.

Ha, this is a good trick that even the employees dont care about. What would get me is when someone would come up and ask for a small americano in a venti cup. And then ask to fill the rest of the space with hot milk. So you mean a latte??? Now, I'm not defending a giant corp; more offended that the person ordering thought I was a moron lol

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never ordered extra cheese. Maybe it's a cultural thing because I barely see people doing it.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I worked in Papa John's. It depends in how many ingredients it have, if your pizza have lots of ingredients they are not putting extra cheese.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I worked at several pizza places after HS. Extra cheese was never a scam, but it's not something most people would want or need. I can definitely tell the difference, and the reason it's expensive is because cheese is the most expensive ingredient already.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
It is for the chains, especially those franchisees who are cutting every corner they can. Basically you have to order extra cheese and extra sauce to get a decently made pizza. Otherwise, I get this dry ass pizza dough with cheese dust and some sprinkling of toppings.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Double toppings is nearly always a scam, I've tested multiple places over the years and 80% of the time you're not getting a full second portion.

Meatball portion at domino's - 8 meatballs (1 per slice),
Extra meatball portion - 12, tested this twice, different locations. Losing half the portion.

Seems roughly the same with most double toppings. Some are harder to tell but meatballs is obvious.

They put extra, but not a full second portion unless it one of the cheap ingredients like the various veg.

Only a few places do they really seem to load up.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I usually order my pizza with extra sauce and most places don't charge extra. There is definitely a difference in taste.

Oct 30, 2017
It seems to vary. When I order Pizzahut from my area, I need to order extra cheese, otherwise, there are these gaps on the pizza slices that are just sauce which my family isn't so big on.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ha, this is a good trick that even the employees dont care about. What would get me is when someone would come up and ask for a small americano in a venti cup. And then ask to fill the rest of the space with hot milk. So you mean a latte??? Now, I'm not defending a giant corp; more offended that the person ordering thought I was a moron lol
Some people have no finesse

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
In general not a scam, my stomach can definitely tell if I don't cool it when I have extra cheese

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ya sometimes it's a scam, but when you got a pizza place you can trust, its a noticeable difference and I love it

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the pizza place. Ideally they already put enough cheese on the pie so one never even thinks about it. Some places skimp on cheese so badly (like Chanello's in Virginia) that ordering extra cheese is an absolute must.

College Flashbacks.
Man, I miss Chanello's