• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Did Cuphead have a physical release? And if so, was the game actually on a game card?

If it's just a download code in a box, you can probably buy an empty Switch game case, find custom cover art online, and print it out on nice paper.
Cuphead is digital only for now but will get a proper physical release eventually, after the DLC drops. The idea is that they want the entire game on the cartridge in as close to the final build as realistically possible.

Edit: Source

Last edited:

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Cuphead is digital only for now but will get a proper physical release eventually, after the DLC drops. The idea is that they want the entire game on the cartridge in as close to the final build as realistically possible.

Edit: Source
I was glad they confirmed this right away. I wish we could get similar confirmation for Ori.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I wasn't planning to get this day one, but after trying the demo, I couldn't resist and preordered it digitally. I finished the original release on Xbox One years ago and really enjoyed it, never got the DE upgrade though. It'll be nice to enjoy playing the game through again with the improvements made in the update.