• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
1080p@60fps in docked mode, 720p@60fps in handheld mode
  • thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
    Verified
    Oct 27, 2017
    Vienna / Austria
    And the best part is: NO COMPROMISES!

By now our Moonity Engine is super optimized. 1080p@60fps in docked mode, 720p@60fps in handheld mode. Enjoy buttery smooth Ori that looks exactly like it does on PC / Xbox on your Switch :)

"Trust me, it feels awesome to play Ori on Switch, no stuttering, no hitches, everything's just butter and the art looks super sharp on the handheld - and in docked mode, obviously :)"
  • thomasmahler

Verified
    Oct 27, 2017
    Vienna / Austria
    I totally forgot that the game was 60fps on Xbox One. But 1080p/60fps on Switch too, like Xbox? How's that possible?
    We've been optimizing our engine for a good, long time. Our Tech folks have also been to the Unity offices in the past a bunch. And our Tech folks are supremely talented. Trust me, it feels awesome to play Ori on Switch, no stuttering, no hitches, everything's just butter and the art looks super sharp on the handheld - and in docked mode, obviously :)

Xbox Live Support and Achievements on the Switch confirmed
  • thomasmahler

Verified
    Oct 27, 2017
    Vienna / Austria
    That's fantastic! Thank you all for your hard work, I'll be buying my fourth copy of the game next month for Switch <3 Question: will Ori for Switch be getting Xbox Live support (achievements, etc.)?

Yes! We indeed have Xbox Live Support and Achievements on the Switch :)

More details about development and performance
  • GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
    Verified
    Aug 19, 2019
    I don't post here often but wanted to chime in on the performance concerns based on the stream / trailer captures: This port has been a personal passion project of ours at Moon and we take performance of our games very seriously. We would never release a 30fps game or a choppy broken experience. It took 2000+ builds of the game, man years of optimization, crazy proprietary engine changes and lots of automation to make sure that it's absolutely top notch, and we loved every second of it.

To us Ori on Switch is like a dream come true. I will never forget the feeling when I got to play the Ginso Tree Escape at 60fps on my lap for the first time :)

We couldn't be more excited right now and I personally can't wait for you all to get your hands on it!

Expected file size under 4gb
  • GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
    Verified
    Aug 19, 2019
    For those asking about the game size - we have done quite some work on compression for Ori's continuous streaming so we expect the size to be under 4gb for this one.