• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty insane that this can run so good while Link's Awakening has so many issues.

While I give full credit to the Link's Awakening devs for the look of the game on the Switch (the graphics and animations are lovely, and some of the re-scored music isn't bad either) but they fell way short on the technical side. A few more months of technical polishing wouldn't have hurt.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Give Grezzco some slack though, It was their first HD project. I do think that they did well reimagining the original game

It's a great port with regards to the aesthetics and story/gameplay, but you would have thought that Nintendo would have ensured that the technical side was up to their usual high standard for one of their much loved games.

Anyhow, we're getting off-topic from Ori, a game which has been beautifully ported to the Switch. I have no complaints.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
While I give full credit to the Link's Awakening devs for the look of the game on the Switch (the graphics and animations are lovely, and some of the re-scored music isn't bad either) but they fell way short on the technical side. A few more months of technical polishing wouldn't have hurt.
It looks lovely...at sub-1080p. It's baffling how it runs so poorly.
I think what bugs me most is the 'item found/secret found' sound. I don't know if it's having slow down, but the tune they used sounds like it slows down for the second half os it sounds like it's lagging.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I had been wanting to play this for awhile, and the switch port gave me the opportunity. I really enjoyed it, graceful and challenging platforming with a lovely world and an even lovelier musical score.

Probably my second favorite platforming experience in recent memory (second only to Celeste)