• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I thought this would not be able to run on switch. I thought they would announce it as a streamable game or something like that.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
Really happy for Switch owners, it's such a beautiful game and an amazing sequel (that I started only quite recently; I'm now torn between finishing it or waiting for the 120fps version in a couple of months).

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
BOTH games physical? I'm in. I just hope I can get them without having to buy the collector's edition.

Edit: You better be able to buy the physical versions separately cause no way I can justify spending $150 on these games.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Going to wait and see if the port is good, but if it is, I'm so glad to be able to play it on Switch, I loved playing the first one on it earlier this year.

FGLS1992

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
Huge props to MS for being so quick about this game being on another console. Big thumbs up.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Will there be a standard physical edition? Because I don't want to spend 150+€ for a limited edition with stuff that I don't need.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I never expected this to come so soon. Ori is one of the best recent IPs I've played.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Nintendo and Microsoft be like

p9FSwxX.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Guess im getting the first Ori today on Switch. Need to play through it before getting the sequel.

Guessing itll be $50 or $60

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of my favorite games of all time. You all are in for an incredible experience.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
Hope it runs better than on my One S. Game was framey as hell and had a bug happen about 40% through that totaled my save. Couldn't bring myself to restart.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Would seriously suggest waiting for performance information on this one, given the game already struggled on Xbox One platforms. I know it's likely to have been scaled back accordingly for Switch, and if you want to go ahead and buy it immediately, absolutely go ahead.

Just MIGHT be worth giving it like, a day for this one though.

Happy that this was finally confirmed for everyone that was waiting for it though.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Do not buy the physical version if you expect to get it any time this year. iam8bit is notorious for delaying releases.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If this runs better than the game on the base XBOX one, that'll be something (unless the frame rate got conked for it to happen edit: this aged immediately, praise be to moon)

This still stands as being somehow my game of the year thus far combined with arguable disappointment of the year due to the performance issues I had, the idea of a switch version has me cautious

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Incredible game, truly incredible.

But it deserves 4k and HDR. Play it like that if you can, honestly. If not, go for it on Switch. Enjoy the epic adventure.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
It is still a bit weird to see Microsoft producing a game for what technically is, a competitor's platform lol. I hope the Switch users enjoy it as it is a special game.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Wow, and I JUST finished Blind Forest on the Switch yesterday. I was looking forward to playing this eventually, but I had no idea it'd be coming out this soon! IIRC, the first Ori was almost a 1 to 1 port and performed beautifully, but the sequel was more graphically demanding, and had some difficulty running on Xbox hardware at launch. I'm curious as to how this port stacks up, performance wise, but I'm excited nonetheless.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Great game. More people will have the chance to play now.