• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks so good...
and the music...

giphy.gif

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I allowed myself 15 seconds just to verify that it looks and sounds gorgeous, and I'm pretty satisfied.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why do this!.....WHY!...I refuse to watch! need to see this in front of me. Potential game of the year right here.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Detecting some very real Hollow Knight influence.. Which I approve of! Can't wait to play!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expecting the police to knock down my door at any second. Getting this on Game Pass feels criminal.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i will never understand why someone watches the first 10 or 20 minutes of a new game before the game is even out...isn´t it one of the best things about a new game to experience the beginning for yourself?

the magic is gone from a new game that way and i think it is awful that stuff like that is normal marketing these days.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Have they revealed the steelbook art yet? Might buy this physical even though it's on GP.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Watched/read a couple of pieces and it pretty much all seems amazing and like a big leap over the first game (which was already one of my favorite games ever). My only potential complaint is them removing the save system, which I thought was an interesting touch in the first game. Will probably be for the better in the end though.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Only read Gamespot and PCGamer and sounds amazing, lots of comparisons with HK which is awesome. Having this confirmed was also great "The first thing I tried was jumping over enemies and swinging downward at them, and was happy to see it had a unique vertical attack for that exact situation" since I hate only being able to attack horizontally.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not watching anything as I want to go in blind, but I'm excited to read all the positive praise.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
Our preview here on xboxygen.com, and some videos. We had a good time on it, march the eleventh can't come soon enough !

« The Wellspring »​

« Escape The Wellspring »​

Our video preview (warning : french Inside)

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I have the 1st one but only every played it for about 30 minutes. Is it X enhanced as I want to play it before this comes out?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I dare not watch, but I will read...
So we got NPCs, something akin to hollow knight like charm options, the removal of the previous quicksave system in favour of autosaves.
This all sounds good to me.

Now, if only I didn't think it was out next week up until 5 mins ago.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can't wait for this game. Preordered the collectors edition from Best Buy. How long will the game be?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to watch. But I can't for this. The first game has a special place in my heart

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Certainly not gonna watch anything more, considering we're two weeks from release.

Good to see the previews being super positive, although I'd say it's "expected". Whatever happens, I'm day one with Game Pass. Expecting a great 90+ on metacritic.

Thread title should be updated to turn it into a preview thread.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
This is on Gamepass?? Jesus. I might actually get that now. On the other hand, I'm going to want to keep this game forever...

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realize I whispered "oh my god" when the season changing montage was playing, until after the fact.

One of the few games to get an involuntary audible reaction from me; I can't believe how beautiful and fluid it all looks.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
i will never understand why someone watches the first 10 or 20 minutes of a new game before the game is even out...isn´t it one of the best things about a new game to experience the beginning for yourself?

the magic is gone from a new game that way and i think it is awful that stuff like that is normal marketing these days.
Agreed, it's not random gameplay, it's literally the first part of the game everyone sees. If I'm looking forward to a game, I'd want to know as little as possible to be able to get surprised. This would destroy that feeling for me.

Usually I just watch a trailer and decide then and there if I want to play the game. I couldn't contain myself for BotW and watched many hours of gameplay before playing the game myself, even if it was just Great Plateau footage, I still robbed myself of much of the mystery and feeling of adventure, because I had already seen most of it. Never again.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I feel this is gonna be a very, very special game. Man, I still have to finish a few things in Hollow Knight and I wanted to run through the Definitive Edition of Ori 1 still (I've only finished the standard version (and loved it)) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait once this drops. Too much Metroidvania goodness!

MonMonDad

Dec 21, 2019
Looks amazing, and the music is so good. The video is pretty spoilery though, I only watch half of it.