Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
annotation2020-03-06089kp1.png

news.xbox.com

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Achievements Revealed - Xbox Wire

Next week, fans will be able to return to one of the most beautiful worlds in gaming with the release of Ori and the Will of the Wisps on March 11. Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be available on Xbox One, Windows 10 PC and Steam as well as included with Xbox […]

Last edited:

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Nice. Definitely will drive deep in this before Doom Eternal. The first game was stunning.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sweet! Really can't wait for this game. Almost feel bad that I will be playing this through GamePass :') Will the artbook that is part of the collectors edition be sold seperately?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
"Complete the Game without Dying"

This dumb shit again.

Playing through the first Ori for the first time right now and I can't believe these achievements are a thing.
The way the game tries to blatantly shove you annoying shit in your face like every 3 meter you walk with endless respawning enemies, millimeter perfect jumps and 53 game mechanics that you have to use and remember in combination with the annoying save system is really sucking every fun out of it. I can't imagine even trying shit achievements like this.

I enjoy the atmosphere, the world and even the skill jumping passages so much, but everything in combination is so stressful, it doesn't let me enjoy the world and regular Metroidvania part of the game at all, it's hard to play it more than an hour a day without getting pissed off. :D

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through the first Ori for the first time right now and I can't believe these achievements are a thing.
The way the game tries to blatantly shove you annoying shit in your face like every 3 meter you walk with endless respawning enemies, millimeter perfect jumps and 53 game mechanics that you have to use and remember in combination with the annoying save system is really sucking every fun out of it. I can't imagine even trying shit achievements like this.

I enjoy the atmosphere, the world and even the skill jumping passages so much, but everything in combination is so stressful, it doesn't let me enjoy the world and regular Metroidvania part of the game at all, it's hard to play it more than an hour a day without getting pissed off. :D

The main issue with the first Ori is that the controls are actually good, but not quite as precise and reactive as such a no death run would want, with a lot of instafail sections if you miss a jump or the dash doesn't work as intended (I had many of those Y-press abilities just push me like 2cm away instead of throwing me across the map as it's supposed to).

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Honestly baffled by this. I'm normally the first to get pissed off with stuff like that but I found the game to be pretty easy, and easier than Hollow Knight. But it is more of a platformer at its heart compared to other Metroidvanias, so I suppose it depends where you sit with those. Certainly for me, the likes of Super Meat Boy and Celeste are a couple of my favourite games, so the platforming focus of Ori combined with the MV aspect was a massive winner. Just keen to see how combat and exploration has evolved in the sequel.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy I never care about achievements because some of those would be hell to try and get.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i wish the regional price wasn't a thing for this on steam...

I'm in switzerland and the price is the highest of all the countries for that one game, 20 $ more than the regular price

tootsi666

Dec 13, 2018
Do we know at what time does the steam version unlock? Is there a difference between the steam version and game pass/xbox store version release times?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
We received our review code just now with a date of the 10th of the embargo.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. So I just got my physical copy. Day one patch of 5.8 GB.

EDIT: Or well, day -5 patch really, could be more patches until release I assume.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
My full game is 5.8 gb. Wich is weird.
It sure is, I'll let you know how much the full game is after updating.

EDIT: 6GB- 5.8 gb for the game + 200 mb reserved space. I assume the patch just overwrites the game or something. Or maybe something to do with game pass overriding the disc installation and just downloading the game?

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
I have the 100Mb preoload thing installed, how do I install the full game? It doesn't do anything

The Libertine

Oct 29, 2017
Bought the game on Switch last year and for some reason dropped it after an hour. Just started it again this week, with the new one coming out. This game is fantastic, yes there are some annoying sections and the controls are sometimes a little less precise than I would like, but I am in love with it.

Also, the tree escape section...not anyway near as bad as people had led me to believe.