RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a PS4 : Xbox One :: Disney : WBD setup. The most basic messaging when someone else is stumbling can lay the foundation for years to come.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Does the third personality hinted at throughout the show have his own unique costume too the way Moon Knight and Mr Knight do? I didn't even know there was a third guy before watching the show, I've only ever seen the classic suit and the Mr Knight versions

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Moon Knight. I loved it so much it got me into reading comics. There is so much they can pull from for a season 2. I guess Marlene is out, but we could see Frenchie, Gena, and Crawley. I'd love if they referenced Moon Knight's first appearance when he fought Werewolf By Night. Or the more recent run where Khonshu abandons Marc for someone else.
Crawley was actually in the show, he was the street performer pretending to be a statue that Steven Grant would talk to.

But I think Frenchie has a pretty good chance of showing up in a hypothetical second season, he was referenced in Marc/Steven's phone list as a person who had tried to call him. I could see a second season introducing Frenchie as another one of Moon Knight's allies alongside Layla and bringing in Bushman as the villain.
Can we just adapt this story please?

R.992ba860002dba1c83a25cf4b6bd40fb
This story is basically what they mined for the show's plot. The false asylum that exists in Marc/Steven's headspace, the two minions of Harrow were named Billy and Bobbi (after the orderlies from this story, and they appear as orderlies in his headspace), Arthur Harrow's psychiatrist version in Marc's headspace is basically Dr. Emmet, this story is why Ammit is the villain in the show at all (and her design is based on Emmet's "true" form), and the jackal monsters that Harrow summons in the first two episodes are based on Billy and Bobby's "true" forms.
screen-shot-2022-04-06-at-1-39-44-pm-1649267071.png

latest

In fact the entire series' plot seems to have come from the idea of "what if the Ammut/Ammit from the Welcome to New Egypt story was real?".

Does the third personality hinted at throughout the show have his own unique costume too the way Moon Knight and Mr Knight do? I didn't even know there was a third guy before watching the show, I've only ever seen the classic suit and the Mr Knight versions
It's complicated. The concept that Marc and Steven have different costumes/superhero identities is actually an invention of the show. Mr. Knight is a much later creation in the comics than Steven Grant is. Moon Knight/Mr. Knight are sometimes totally different personalities in the comics from Marc/Steven/Jake so there is no equivalent "third" identity so the MCU would have to invent one for Jake. For what it is worth, one of the concept artists for the show said that, if he were to design Jake's suit right now he would probably use Moon Knight's black suit variation he has worn sometimes in the comics as a starting point.
main-qimg-70d6c213eccf32bbab129ac9595d3d03-lq

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
It's complicated. The concept that Marc and Steven have different costumes/superhero identities is actually an invention of the show. Mr. Knight is a much later creation in the comics than Steven Grant is. Moon Knight/Mr. Knight are sometimes totally different personalities in the comics from Marc/Steven/Jake so there is no equivalent "third" identity so the MCU would have to invent one for Jake. For what it is worth, one of the concept artists for the show said that, if he were to design Jake's suit right now he would probably use Moon Knight's black suit variation he has worn sometimes in the comics as a starting point.
Ohhh, interesting! I love hearing about how the MCU switches up things from the comics. And that black suit is sick as hell, I hope we do get more Moon Knight in the future (season 2, movie cameo, team up in another show, whatever) and they adapt it for live action! Thanks for the explanation!

Finally someone who appreciates Hawkeye <3
It took FOREVER to get my girlfriend to finally agree to watch it, and we binged it in like two days. It's super fun! Kate is fantastic, I'd love to get another season.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Crawley was actually in the show, he was the street performer pretending to be a statue that Steven Grant would talk to.

But I think Frenchie has a pretty good chance of showing up in a hypothetical second season, he was referenced in Marc/Steven's phone list as a person who had tried to call him. I could see a second season introducing Frenchie as another one of Moon Knight's allies alongside Layla and bringing in Bushman as the villain.

This story is basically what they mined for the show's plot. The false asylum that exists in Marc/Steven's headspace, the two minions of Harrow were named Billy and Bobbi (after the orderlies from this story, and they appear as orderlies in his headspace), Arthur Harrow's psychiatrist version in Marc's headspace is basically Dr. Emmet, this story is why Ammit is the villain in the show at all (and her design is based on Emmet's "true" form), and the jackal monsters that Harrow summons in the first two episodes are based on Billy and Bobby's "true" forms.

latest

In fact the entire series' plot seems to have come from the idea of "what if the Ammut/Ammit from the Welcome to New Egypt story was real?".

Yeah the tactical suit for Jake makes too much sense

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I would be in for a second season, definitely more to explore there. They should use the season to switch him from gods to street level for the inevitable Midnight Suns team up

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
More Lockley please. Wouldnt be upset to see Jean-Paul, it would add another gay character to the MCU roster.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

latest

Wow, it's obvious to me now how much they pulled from that story for the show.

The show was amazing, as far as I'm concerned. It introduced me to what is now my favorite super hero. But after spending the past few months reading as many Moon Knight comics as I can (thanks, Marvel Unlimited!), it makes me wish that they hadn't made so many drastic changes to the core characters as they have.