• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
GameSpot: What are you playing lately?

O'Shea Jackson Jr.: NBA 2K, of course. You know, I like my VR Skyrim right now, and then Grand Theft Auto V just keeps f***ing updating itself so how could you not. That is like the grown-up version of The Sims.

You got a Switch?

No. I really just need it for Odyssey. I really want to play Odyssey. Nintendo always gives you one exclusive title that makes you have to get their s***.

Do you want to do any work in video games?

Dude. I went to USC to screenwrite, and everybody hears that and thinks that I thought film. I want to write scripts for video games. That's my dream job. I'm just trying to get famous so people will listen to me in meetings. That's really it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/oshea-jackson-jr-really-wants-to-work-in-video-gam/1100-6456185/

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
He's actually a decent actor. I loved him opposite Aubrey Plaza in Ingrid Goes West.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I respect that hustle.

"I'm trying to get famous to write video game stories" is a dream I can support.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Someone should tell him that GaaS titles don't need screenwriters.
Hahaha, some truth to this.
The industry is always short of good writers who are actually invested in the product they're writing for.
Unfortunately, most writing jobs are contract-sized, so it's pretty hard to get a stable job unless you're a creative bigwig or you've magically landed on a writing-heavy project.
Probably easier to get your experience outside the industry, unfortunately.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dude looks exactly like his father. handsome guy.. i have to say though after reading that article how video game company employees are treated im kinda glad i never followed that dream

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
He's actually a decent actor. I loved him opposite Aubrey Plaza in Ingrid Goes West.

Yep, really liked him in that (He was definitely the most sympathetic character in that movie). Thought he was of course great in Straight Outta Compton too. He's honestly the only reason I'm interested in Den of Thieves.

I would love to see him get to write for video games. That's a hilarious and fantastic quote. I hope he can make it happen.

Jan 2, 2018
Well,good luck to him I guess..any 'celeb' (personally never heard of him before) who likes video games and want to push the medium forward in general recognition is welcome in my book.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone should hire him to write a game. I'm sure it would be entertaining, he certainly has a passion for games based on this interview.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, normally I'm kinda dismissive to celebrity kids, but he has talent. Game writing is cool, but I hope he continues to act.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Get him to write for the next NBA 2K campaign and have him/Ice Cube help push the marketing.

This. If he's for real playing, he knows where improvements are needed. Have dad pull those strings if needed...but he's been doing great on his own two. Good luck to the brother. Hope to see his name in the credits one day.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
You got a Switch?

No. I really just need it for Odyssey. I really want to play Odyssey. Nintendo always gives you one exclusive title that makes you have to get their s***.

Nintendo is killing it with the Switch sales wise, has two GotY worthy titles and a surprisingly diverse lineup in its first year and that's the best this guy can come up with? He sounds like every fanboy who was expecting them to go third party post Wii U.

Last edited: