- Feb 25, 2018
Use sustainable toilet paper if available. CHART (A is good F is the worst)
There is also this brand in Canada which is 100% recycled :
GREEN NEW DEAL DETAILS HERE : http://www.gp.org/green_new_deal
- For your next car, go electric : https://www.edmunds.com/electric-car/
- If you have a gasoline car, here are 10 tricks that can help you save gas : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/10-fuel-saving-tips-every-driver-should-know/
- Need a new roof? Take a look at solar : https://www.energysage.com/market-intro/
- Green Investing. Invest your money in green tech/business : https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/01/09/3-top-green-stocks-to-consider-buying-now.aspx
- Cut your meat intake, especially red meat. Cattle emit methane gas, which is worse than CO2 for climate change. Also, forests are sometimes cut down to raise them. There are also studies that link red meat to cancer and heart diseases.
- Ready to go vegan? Here are a ton of vegan recipes
- Use public transport whenever possible. Get that bike out, it’s green and good for your health.
- CARPOOLING. Canada : https://www.kangaride.com/ United States : https://www.carpoolworld.com/
- Plant trees. Not only is it fun, it is good for the environment.
- Buy LOCAL. Less transport = less fossil fuel burned.
- Remember that you vote when you pay. Support companies that fight against climate change. Contact them to put pressure. Do the same with your politicians.
- Vote for people that believe in science and want to take action against Climate Change. Make your voice heard.
- DONATE : https://www.outsideonline.com/2144781/6-best-environmental-groups-donate-better-world
- Change your bulbs and go LED.
Clothing : Found this a few years ago, the quality is good, the shirts are pretty comfortable and they plant 10 trees everytime you buy one : https://www.tentree.ca/
There was another thread on carbon saving with amazing info, you can check it out here :
Individual actions are fantastic, but we also need a collective effort. Check out groups such as Extinction Rebellion and The Climate Mobilization and get involved in any way you can.
Involve as much people as possible, go to protests, lobby your deputies, spread the facts and fight fake news, shame or avoid irresponsible multinationals or banks, organize community led initiatives, vote.