• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
... I'll believe it when it happens.

My hope is that LRT doesn't leave thousands of people standing in the cold, trying to get on trains that don't come nearly often enough to make up for the loss of busses.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
The city is trying to bring back La Machine for either 2020 or 2021: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/la-machine-ottawa-2017-events-return-1.4522222

Not sure what you guys thought about La Machine, but personally I loved it, and not only the show but the crowds that came with it, it made Ottawa feel like a massive bustling city, I'm glad they're trying to bring them back. It would be awesome to have a yearly summer event in Ottawa like how Calgary has the stampede.

... I'll believe it when it happens.

My hope is that LRT doesn't leave thousands of people standing in the cold, trying to get on trains that don't come nearly often enough to make up for the loss of busses.

Seriously, they're now saying that it will open for sure in November, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ryukori

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Never been. Can I get your take on what it is? Gaming-themed bar/internet cafe?

It's a bar that has a bunch of video game consoles set up, everything from retro to current generation. They have a decent collection of multiplayer and party games. It's $10 per person cover, but it's free if you spend $15+ on food or drink. There's a lot of space, and we can easily do a reservation for around 10-12 people.

The Loft (Level One) is similar to The Blurry Pixel, but it's smaller and harder to get a spot to play some video games. If you go upstairs, there are also lots of board games. It's $5 cover, or free if you spend $10+ on food. However, they don't do reservations on certain days. Upstairs is good for a party of 10-12 people, but downstairs where the video games are will only fit around 5-6 people at a station.

If you guys are looking for something super retro and lots of pinball, there's House of Targ. It's free play on all machines after 9pm every Sunday. The only issue is that it's quite loud with the music and there isn't much room to sit and meet each other. The games are also only retro arcade machines, and there are no consoles.

alzabo

Dec 31, 2017
It's a bar that has a bunch of video game consoles set up, everything from retro to current generation. They have a decent collection of multiplayer and party games. It's $10 per person cover, but it's free if you spend $15+ on food or drink. There's a lot of space, and we can easily do a reservation for around 10-12 people...

Depending on how small the group of interested is, I think the Blurry Pixel is a good fit.

Also, is the weather always this rough or is this year particularly bad?

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
weekdays are not optimal for me, dog spends his days home alone, so I don't like leaving him alone in the evening.

Essay

Oct 27, 2017
Let's do it! I'd love to have a meet-up at The Blurry Pixel after work or on a day off. I'm up for doing some organising too. Anyone who is interested, message me!

Be advised Blurry Pixel is starting renovations very soon and will be closed for, I'm told, a ~2-week period. Not a bad choice of venue for a meetup otherwise though!

alzabo

Dec 31, 2017
So far we've got myself, Ryukori, Equippedwithtowel, Kyolux and Essay.

Thanks for the heads up Essay.

I was hoping to wait until the weather is just a little bit less winter-like so the renovations sound like they're at a convenient time.

alzabo

Dec 31, 2017
Are there any specific days of week for the end of March that don't work for you lot? I have a few myself. We'll figure it out.

alzabo

Dec 31, 2017
Is the weekend of the 16th, 17th & 18th too early in the month? If so, I'm out for March weekends.

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Late notice, but I just found out that this is the last week for the Dreamworks exhibit at the Museum of Civilization. I'm going to check it out today after work if anybody wants to meet up.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Sup Ottawa! I'm down for a meet whenever. Now that patio season is open it's looking to be a good time!

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone (and sup Exodus), I missed this thread up until now because it didn't show up in my title search for "Ottawa", but I'm very interested in a meetup if it's on a weekday night. I think my last Ottawa meetup was like...3-4 years ago? But I've enjoyed all of them!

alzabo

Dec 31, 2017
Hey everyone (and sup Exodus), I missed this thread up until now because it didn't show up in my title search for "Ottawa", but I'm very interested in a meetup if it's on a weekday night. I think my last Ottawa meetup was like...3-4 years ago? But I've enjoyed all of them!

Is anyone interested in taking charge on this?

I had to focus on some other things and I don't think we had a good day for everyone last I tried.

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Not really an official "meetup", but if anybody is interested in watching the E3 Sony press conference online tonight, I wouldn't mind having more people from Ottawa on my Canadian Discord channel.

Maybe we can coordinate something for later in the month (is anybody interested in watching the new Jurassic World? I think Landmark has a promo for a free movie for every four you watch, which is currently better than Cineplex).

I don't really want to post the link publicly, but feel free to PM me if you're interested in an invite. Bonus points if you were part of the G-List/Arcademy.

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Kyolux and anyone else that grabbed those freebies points last year, Le Foubrac is discontinuing their partnership. So, if anybody wants to grab some poutine in the next couple weeks, let me know. I've had a few of their poutines already, and definitely want to try another one. I'm thinking of going either this Friday or next Friday. Deli Chenoy also has a contest going with a free $2 code "DELICOCACOLA".

Nov 1, 2017
As clever as this thread title is, I think I've subconsciously missed it this entire time thinking it was literally an OT about "Towa". Ah well, glad I've found the thread!

Speaking of Ottawa: Does anyone have a Wii-U Gamepad I could use for five minutes? I posted a thread about it here.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As clever as this thread title is, I think I've subconsciously missed it this entire time thinking it was literally an OT about "Towa". Ah well, glad I've found the thread!

Speaking of Ottawa: Does anyone have a Wii-U Gamepad I could use for five minutes? I posted a thread about it here.
If you can make it to the Gatineau side I can help you out.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario

I'm in centertown for the rest of August if that's easier.

Also taking every opportunity to give this thread signs of life

CrunchSNACKER

Aug 5, 2018
Representing Nepean, and the Nepean liberation movement! We will take it back from Ottawa, just you wait.
Definitely interested in meet ups and enthusiasts interested in discussing/cameoing in a video blog dedicated to the videogaming.
Sure, it's collecting dust on account of the switch so why not? I'm near Centrepointe.

Nov 1, 2017
If you can make it to the Gatineau side I can help you out.

I've got access to a car so that works! :D

I'm in centertown for the rest of August if that's easier.

That does sound easier. Either or, whatever works best for you guys!

Also taking every opportunity to give this thread signs of life

Yes! Ottawa is super underrated, and we need a meetup soon!

Representing Nepean, and the Nepean liberation movement! We will take it back from Ottawa, just you wait.
Definitely interested in meet ups and enthusiasts interested in discussing/cameoing in a video blog dedicated to the videogaming.
Sure, it's collecting dust on account of the switch so why not? I'm near Centrepointe.

Well, are you guys free anytime soon? We can meet up at a bar or something gaming related. I'm free pretty much whenever and have access to a car. I'm also down for chilling at my actual place, but it's probably better if we met somewhere public first. ^_^;

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know some have it worse, but it's leading up for another night without electricity. So boring.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
We moved here last year from Toronto and we love it. Today sucked though, hope everybody safe