• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled upon this, seems quite high in production quality, although it's mobile only (iOS and Android).
Mix of 3D visuals and dating mechanics (mini-stories, SMS, interactions), with action rpg gameplay seems quite novel, not sure about the extent of gacha elements (seems like there are specific memory moments, to get certain interactions), but as the game only has 3 male leads they try to go all-in-on the production quality.

I don't have much familiarity with this genre, I was thinking of making a thread, but given the general disinterest of mobile games and not much understanding of the genre itself I don't expect to see much positive discussion.
Nonetheless, I don't really play much mobile gacha games, but if they have some good gameplay combat around it. It could be interesting :p.

Oh yeah, it's the same devs who made Shining Nikki

The closed beta test started on Dec 15th.

View: https://youtu.be/uvOeD3h7mu4?si=NKcMGxFnl2IrNz3I

loveanddeepspace.infoldgames.com

Love and Deepspace - Love within Reach -

Immersive dating sim with 3D interactions! Pre-registration is now open!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dwGDfvksFo

CBT test gameplay can be seen here:

View: https://youtu.be/0obz7YFZISY?si=fF_JhvvUf_GbMTp8

The gameplay looks nice. I'm surprised this is made by the shining nikki devs. It's nice to see more high budget moblie games. I wonder if the otome game mechanics will mix with the action rpg ones?

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the otome game mechanics will mix with the action rpg ones?

That's what I'm curious about too, I haven't been able to find much footage or snippets of how it's going to be incorporated continuously, how it's tied with the story and events etc. It's going to be chapter based, but I presume it's going to be mini-event fights v.s. big levels or maps that go on for long. I'm not sure whether there were any other otome game similar to this before, but I did see that the game had advertised through genshin impact influencers/players. So I presume there's some crossover to be found there, as they're already familiar with such gameplay. But, I'm have no clue if the overall otome audience is interested in action rpg elements.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019

I saw this on another site but I have to mention that I find the art style to be deeply uncanny valley they look like evil dolls. Also, it looks super generic from the gameplay clips and events. The art style doesn't really stand out beyond it. It looks a little like the modern FF guys except ...more soulless.

Also, it combined some of the more annoying aspects with gacha and card-collecting elements which is disappointing. I feel like if you must combine RPG it's easier to play Genshin/HSR since they have p HQ boys available and I prefer the anime over semi-realism.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://x.com/gematsu/status/1744390355200467099?s=61&t=Eeg-RQZD9DN2xJgKmkBP0Q

Idea Factory's biggest otome IP isn't being published by Idea Factory International or Aksys, but eastasiasoft. What are you doing, Idea Factory?

This was really a surprise to me. Aksys is still getting leftover titles that IF doesn't want to do as a first party localization, and I get it, they put out a lot of new stuff and ports (many we never ever got), but even Aksys passing on it and getting someone else to do it? Yeah, that's something.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I just like to think in the great year of 2024 how we've come full circle to when it all started on the PSP 😔

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Tengoku Struggle: Strayside launches April 4 in the west

Otome visual novel Tengoku Struggle: Strayside will launch for Switch on April 4 in the west, publisher Aksys Games announced.

www.gematsu.com

Despera Drops coming west in 2025

Aksys Games will release RED Entertainment-developed otome visual novel Despera Drops for Switch in 2025 in the west, the publisher announced.

www.gematsu.com

Radiant Tale: Fanfare! coming west this summer

Aksys Games will release Idea Factory-developed otome visual novel Radiant Tale: Fanfare! for Switch this summer in the west, the publisher announced.

www.gematsu.com

Virche Evermore: -EpiC:lycoris- coming west this fall

Aksys Games will release HYDE-developed otome visual novel Virche Evermore: -EpiC:lycoris- for Switch this fall in the west, the publisher announced.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play Jack Jeanne yet. Is a good vn? I want to play visual novel and especially otome games again but I need a good motivation because the last otome I played... well, it was ok but I don't play since then xD

It's supposed to be one of the best. I didn't get far because it's really long and the "choosing what you do everyday" aspect of the game turned me off.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

9 R.I.P. coming west in 2024

Idea Factory International will release otome visual novel 9 R.I.P. for Switch in the west in 2024, the company announced. It will be available both physically and digitally. Standard and limited e…

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited: