• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Aksys sent out an email yesterday stating all pin sets for people who sent in receipts and paid the s&h have been mailed as of August 29th. The email also had a link to pay the s&h if you have not paid it yet (but did submit receipts already).

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Got back from my trip and my pins were waiting for me on my pile of mail :) Was hoping for a nice little box they would come in, so I kept the packaging it was sent in, since it kind of is the box for it.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Got back from my trip and my pins were waiting for me on my pile of mail :) Was hoping for a nice little box they would come in, so I kept the packaging it was sent in, since it kind of is the box for it.
Yes I got my pins as well and thought they would just be in a standard packing envelope. Was pleasantly surprised and the pins look nicer in person too.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The publisher is a Korean company that apparently released this and other otome games in Korean.

applejuice

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Waiting on my pins, accidentally sent them to my mom's po box. Thanks auto complete!

I've been struggling playing Code Realize. The plot is really clunky. I haven't even finished the common route yet and I started weeks ago.

I also stopped playing mobages because all together it costs so damn much.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yaaaasss give me more Switch ports

I've heard good things about Clock Zero, maybe we can finally get it now.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Otomate is certainly throwing more support to the Switch than the PS4 ever got.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Starting next week we'll see if it'll pay off.

Even if it doesn't they're still fully committed at this point and not like there's anywhere else for them to really go.

Will be interesting to see though, the PS4 ports didn't sell as badly as I thought considering they yanked support so quickly.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it doesn't they're still fully committed at this point and not like there's anywhere else for them to really go.

Will be interesting to see though, the PS4 ports didn't sell as badly as I thought considering they yanked support so quickly.

They have invested way more into (marketing) their switch games than they ever did for their lousy ps4 efforts. If after all that, the numbers between ps4 and switch aren't all that different - that'd be a colossal waste of money.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
They have invested way more into (marketing) their switch games than they ever did for their lousy ps4 efforts. If after all that, the numbers between ps4 and switch aren't all that different - that'd be a colossal waste of money.

Oh I know. I do wonder why they half-hearted PS4 support so much while going all in on Switch like they have.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I know. I do wonder why they half-hearted PS4 support so much while going all in on Switch like they have.

One is a console, and one is a portable. They know that the Vita's on its way out so they're hitching their wagon to where the last remaining portable is.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
One is a console, and one is a portable. They know that the Vita's on its way out so they're hitching their wagon to where the last remaining portable is.

I know. See conversation above. They kinda half-heartedly tried with PS4 and got not-too-bad results, then gave up on it altogether at the expense of Switch. Let's hope it pays off!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know. See conversation above. They kinda half-heartedly tried with PS4 and got not-too-bad results, then gave up on it altogether at the expense of Switch. Let's hope it pays off!

Probably because they didn't want to support it to begin with and only did because it was the only other thing out there that could run their games (rip Xbox) well at the time.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because they didn't want to support it to begin with and only did because it was the only other thing out there that could run their games (rip Xbox) well at the time.

All their ps4 games are on vita, so that wasn't an issue. Quite a few people were annoyed by how quickly they abandoned the ps4.

Otome games weren't always portable (see ps2), plus PC otome games exist. It's just Otomate that's being weird about the whole thing.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All their ps4 games are on vita, so that wasn't an issue. Quite a few people were annoyed by how quickly they abandoned the ps4.

Otome games weren't always portable (see ps2), plus PC otome games exist. It's just Otomate that's being weird about the whole thing.

Well I did say "other thing" meaning "other than the Vita" lol. I know that but have their sales ever been as good on console as they have been on portable?

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Well I did say "other thing" meaning "other than the Vita" lol. I know that but have their sales ever been as good on console as they have been on portable?

Their sales have only ever been good on psp. There was a drastic drop with the vita, but most of their titles were still profitable. (probably because of all the merch). They won't be able to handle another decline in sales.

I assume their ps2 titles managed to turn a profit as well.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Their sales have only ever been good on psp. There was a drastic drop with the vita, but most of their titles were still profitable. (probably because of all the merch). They won't be able to handle another decline in sales.

I assume their ps2 titles managed to turn a profit as well.

I'm sure they'll be fine on Switch, they were coping on ~ 10k for most of their non-tentpole titles on Vita and I'm sure Switch can match that.

I'm sure PS4 could've done that too though, or at least been an alternative source for their audience.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I feel a little sad that Otomate is "already" moving on to Switch. I guess because I really only just started playing vita otoges like last year, I'm oddly attached and it feels too soon.

That said some of the games they showed off looked really beautiful. Can't wait to see more about Cafe Enchante in particular.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

This is the second long delay the game has had and people are speculating it is going to get a Switch release.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
London Detective Mysteria's english website is up.

http://www.ladymysteria.com/

The blog post talks briefly about the cancellation of the psp version, but doesn't say much aside from Marvelous putting it on indefinite hold and then scrapping it as the psp aged. Still, glad we're getting it now!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

The blog post talks briefly about the cancellation of the psp version, but doesn't say much aside from Marvelous putting it on indefinite hold and then scrapping it as the psp aged. Still, glad we're getting it now!

Can't read from work, but I wonder what was up with the long delay between Vita Japanese release and this version. Could've better cashed in on the market and even got a physical out.

This is the second long delay the game has had and people are speculating it is going to get a Switch release.

Suspect it will be Switch, they're going all in.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017

Game's out now.

On another note, Hakuoki for Switch came out last week and the game didn't manage to chart. FW numbers should be <3.6k. This doesn't mean much since everyone is sick and tired of the same Hakuoki re-releases. Code:Realize is out this week, and Nil Admirari and Norn9 ports will follow suit. Think that's it for September releases.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

I take that after losing Ys VIII to NISA, XSEED decided to pull the trigger and do London Detective Mysteria. Something good came out of that, after all.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
On another note, Hakuoki for Switch came out last week and the game didn't manage to chart. FW numbers should be <3.6k. This doesn't mean much since everyone is sick and tired of the same Hakuoki re-releases. Code:Realize is out this week, and Nil Admirari and Norn9 ports will follow suit. Think that's it for September releases.

Wonder what it'll end up selling.

FWIW, PS4 port did like 800 first week apparently?

478./000. [PS4] Hakuoki: Shinkai - Fuukaden # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2017.07.13} (¥7.200) - 5.306 / NEW (831 <45,36%>)

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what it'll end up selling.

FWIW, PS4 port did like 800 first week apparently?

478./000. [PS4] Hakuoki: Shinkai - Fuukaden # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2017.07.13} (¥7.200) - 5.306 / NEW (831 <45,36%>)

For something that initially sold only 800 copies, Hakuoki ended up having decent legs :P.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
For something that initially sold only 800 copies, Hakuoki ended up having decent legs :P.

Yeah, 5k is pretty good, considering the original versions (sold separately) on Vita did like ~ 20k each.

I dunno what otomate will be expecting for these late ports on Switch. The first wave of late PSP -> Vita ports debuted lowish (~3k each) but legged it to 10-12k.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 5k is pretty good, considering the original versions (sold separately) on Vita did like ~ 20k each.

I dunno what otomate will be expecting for these late ports on Switch. The first wave of late PSP -> Vita ports debuted lowish (~3k each) but legged it to 10-12k.

So, Famitsu's top 30 is out and Hakuoki still didn't manage to chart. Means it sold fewer than 1684 copies :/.

https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Well there is time for a delay to happen due to Spike Chunsoft wanting to make a Switch port as well. Not that it would guarantee a localization after what happened with the teasing then abandonment of the first game.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Well there is time for a delay to happen due to Spike Chunsoft wanting to make a Switch port as well. Not that it would guarantee a localization after what happened with the teasing then abandonment of the first game.

SC doesn't seem overly interested in Switch. It's more likely they'd bring the game to Steam (and maybe PS4).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, getting Anne Lee to write about otome again and it's an interview with the director of Ruby Party? That's excellent.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
If Tecmo Koei localizes any of the otome titles in their catalogue, I will forgive them for all of Dynasty Warriors 9's issues.