• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'll set my expectations to "nothing, or Switch ports".

still haven't even played Ashen Hawk (and as a result Wintertide Miracles either), though, so I'm not super itching for more just yet; of course I'm happy to add to my already overly large backlog if it means stuff is still coming out at all...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Some kind of (physical) Switch announcement would be nice. Can't even remember which titles were starting to go over, but pretty sure I saw news on a few Vita ports showing up...

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Well, we've been chugging along on this for about 3 years, but our Otome is on the verge of release this month (!). Fully voiced, professional cast, professional soundtrack, etc. Not sure what kind of interest a Western otome will inspire, we bucked some of the usual trends to provide an original experience, but it was fun to make!

Sorry, old trailer. We recast Daniel with the excellent Jason Wishnov ;)

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we've been chugging along on this for about 3 years, but our Otome is on the verge of release this month (!). Fully voiced, professional cast, professional soundtrack, etc. Not sure what kind of interest a Western otome will inspire, we bucked some of the usual trends to provide an original experience, but it was fun to make!

The Vita port was cancelled, right?

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Which sucks because we have the dev kit and had code running, but by the time it would be ready there would be no marketplace for it. We are going to look into other options if the PS4 release is well received :)
Thats a shame. I hope PS4 remote play on Vita will be sufficient for me. I use it often but not for visual novels and its kinda iffy on the games I do play on it.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Which sucks because we have the dev kit and had code running, but by the time it would be ready there would be no marketplace for it. We are going to look into other options if the PS4 release is well received :)

I remember that one of the reasons was that there'd be no possible physical print to offset costs. Eastasiasoft is still making physical Vita titles as they're based in Asia, that could help out if there's still a possibility.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I remember that one of the reasons was that there'd be no possible physical print to offset costs. Eastasiasoft is still making physical Vita titles as they're based in Asia, that could help out if there's still a possibility.

Asia a market we considered. Sad truth is that we'd have to translate the game, which given the amount of dialogue (7000+ lines spoken, 9000+ lines of unspoken narration) the cost of the translation would be several times the actual cost of developing the game.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Bummer. Would've gone nicely with the rest of my otome collection on Vita!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Just saw the article on Gematsu, and went straight here to whine about no localization. u_u

I want THIS especially:
D8DpBMEU8AAbHPW.png

"A mythological story directed by Wataru Watanabe, illustrated by Satoi, written by Yuma Katagiri, and featuring voice actors Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Tomokazu Sugita, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Yuuto Uemura, Yuuma Uchida, and Shun Horie."

Please! It's the same director, writer and artist as Nil Admirari no Tenbin, which we also never got. Goddammit.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I saw the QR piece earlier. Not sure if I would want to bring on someone who was head of a defunct company when my own is having issues.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah QR itself is a nightmare from what I've read on other sites. The alice game is not good as I couldn't get past the intro due to the insufferable characters.

I'm curious about the other games since we don't know when they will localize new titles or not.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
When did Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms become so expensive?

Asia a market we considered. Sad truth is that we'd have to translate the game, which given the amount of dialogue (7000+ lines spoken, 9000+ lines of unspoken narration) the cost of the translation would be several times the actual cost of developing the game.

You don't have to translate your game to any other language for eastasiasoft to release a physical print in Asia. You can easily find them on Twitter and talk about it, several developers that are still interested on the Vita are striking deals with them after western manufacturing ended.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I recently read a really interesting article about QuinRose's history (they sound like an awful company) and how their revival under Otomate seems sketchy too:

Sadly there seem to be tonnes of these kinds of stories in amongst the smaller Japanese devs

This was a great read! I followed QuinRose a lot since I liked the localized mangas and always wanted the games to come out here. But then the disastrous English localization of the mobile port came out and that was a bummer: http://chic-pixel.com/2014/08/alice-in-heart-deserves-better/

I do have to admit I did get some dokis seeing all the stupid looking old characters again...... still love me a yandere knight and sadistic twins....

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How long is the game supposed to be?

Depending on your play style, we estimate 20-28 hours to unlock all the endings, trophies and CGs. We have a lot of otome fan friendly features like auto play and auto skip if you want to blast through the game, or if you actually want to listen to all the dialogue (it's ALL voiced) it is a much longer experience.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Voltage, gimme some of the good stuff already. Where's Kissed by the baddest bidder? Dreamy Days in West Tokyo? A Wedding and Seven Rings?
I'm going to assume Scandal in the Spotlight will come over, that one seemed pretty popular?

For how many of those they have, they are really putting them out at a snail's pace.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats on the launch and all the best! I saw the ProZD ad recently, I hadn't even realized the big name voice actors in the game before.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
A few hours away from the Aksys panel at AX, and some Switch Otome have been teased already. No real surprise, but at least we know that they are going straight from Vita to Switch now.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017