• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
After that GMM video I decided to look at the general scope of the PepsiCo products and think about what could realistically get the Flamin' Hot treatment.

• Quaker Flamin' Hot Grits
  • Quakes Flamin' Hot Rice Snacks
  • Flamin' Hot Rice-A-Roni
  • Tostitos Flamin' Hot Cheese Dip/Ranch Dip
  • Sabra Flamin' Hot Hummus

Flamin' Hot Baked Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
GHARLdZ.jpg

it took a lot longer for these to crop up around me than I thought they would

the baked Lays crisps have always been a bit hit-or-miss for me, either pretty good or pretty bad, but this one is right down the middle imo

the Flamin' Hot flavor is solid, you get a decent kick of heat asap

it lacks outside of the Flamin' Hot. There's very little to no cheese flavor, so light that the Flamin' Hot consumes it pretty much

these are a lot less "fatty" tasting, I guess is how I would describe it. Less oily/greasy?

thats a plus in the health department, but the flavor compared to the original is not great

very middle of the road, like I said before. All that really drives me through the bag is the repeated hits of the Flamin' Hot, but that's the only level it offers really

Flamin' Hot Flavor Shot Nuts Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
qDudDOO.jpg

Decided to stop at a gas station I never stopped at before and found these.

These are the cousins of the Flamin' Hot Peanuts I talked about previously, but much much better. around nearly every nut is a shell of intense Flamin' Hot flavoring. With the normal Flamin' Hot nuts it would take a whole handful to get a good amount of heat going, but with these you can pop them in your gob one at a time and get a really good spice level going.

The biggest downside is that the bag is under 2 ounces, had to get at least two bags but luckily they aren't too expensive.

Big upgrade from the regular nuts, would recommend!

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on the lookout for these for a while and no luck! They sound great though, I've been looking to mix it up from the flamin' dills.

I missed you mention the Flamin' peanuts (munchies right?), I've yet to find those in the wild either but maybe its for the best if I can find these new flavor shot things.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I've been on the lookout for these for a while and no luck! They sound great though, I've been looking to mix it up from the flamin' dills.

I missed you mention the Flamin' peanuts (munchies right?), I've yet to find those in the wild either but maybe its for the best if I can find these new flavor shot things.
I've got a party mix of pretzels and nuts, after I finished one bag I decided to dump the other bag I bought into my party mix.

If I had used the regular FH nuts they'd barely register, but these new ones really pop, even surrounded by other flavors.

I wish they made them in larger sizes.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Nice I'll have to keep that idea in mind for when I find em.

I know what you mean about these mini packs too... Very annoying that they don't sell bigger packages ( i found the doritos mix? something like in one of those new "cupholder" packs).

edit: similar packaging I guess; it was the Doritos Crunch Mix that I found.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
qDudDOO.jpg

These are the cousins of the Flamin' Hot Peanuts I talked about previously, but much much better. around nearly every nut is a shell of intense Flamin' Hot flavoring. With the normal Flamin' Hot nuts it would take a whole handful to get a good amount of heat going, but with these you can pop them in your gob one at a time and get a really good spice level going.

The biggest downside is that the bag is under 2 ounces, had to get at least two bags but luckily they aren't too expensive.

How intense is the nacho flavor? Those seem dope, but I'm not sure about the nacho part.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
How intense is the nacho flavor? Those seem dope, but I'm not sure about the nacho part.
Very very mild. It's not as present as with the Doritos, where you get a good hit of both Nacho and Flamin' Hot.

It's closer to the flavor profile you get with the Flamin' Hot Puffs, where the cheese flavor is kinda on the back end but its a bit hard to notice.

Also, the nut kinda cleanses the palate a touch after each one you have, so it cuts off the Nacho and rounds down the Flamin' Hot fairly quickly.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Very very mild. It's not as present as with the Doritos, where you get a good hit of both Nacho and Flamin' Hot.

It's closer to the flavor profile you get with the Flamin' Hot Puffs, where the cheese flavor is kinda on the back end but its a bit hard to notice.

Also, the nut kinda cleanses the palate a touch after each one you have, so it cuts off the Nacho and rounds down the Flamin' Hot fairly quickly.
Oh man, that sounds just great. I will keep an eye out. Thanks!

Flamin' Hot Flavor Shot Asteroids Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
1l0z5eB.jpg

These took much too long for me to find, but today was my lucky day.

Returning from a snack age past, the return of Asteroids aren't quite as special as they could of been. Think of it as an embarrassment of riches, but Asteroids are essentially just a smaller version of the Flamin' Hot Puffs, coming back into a world of many many different Flamin' Hot flavors. There's nothing really wrong with Asteroids. They have a good heat bite, and there's no real cheese flavor to speak of (good for people who prefer just the corn and Flamin' Hot kick), but its very one-note and flat when compared to some other Flamin' Hot snacks today.

The biggest difference between these and the Flamin' Hot Puffs (besides their size), is actually the corn flavor. These asteroids have a decent kick of spice, but just like with the Flamin' Hot Nuts, you need to eat a good handful to get the kind of kick you are used to with even the normal Crunchy Cheetos. Eaten slowly and only a few at a time, and the corn of the Asteroid itself pokes through, and while this isn't unpleasant (and along with the size of the product) it kind of made me think of cereal while eating it.

I wouldn't say no to trying Flamin' Hot cereal, but as a snack while at work it wasn't something I expected to pop into my head.

These just aren't super interesting. While its a part of the Flavor Shots line of snacks, those Flamin' Hot Nacho Shelled Nuts I had last week were much more interesting, with a nice mixture of different textures, along with a good combo of the heat and the nut balancing each other out.

Just a touch disappointed.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Oh, hey, Fat4all I picked up some of those Flavor Shots Nacho Nuts you mentioned above for the first time today. Found them at Flash Foods. They were pretty dang good! Nice call.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Flaming hot pork rinds when?
FritoLay has a brand of chicharrones called Baken-Ets

and while they do have a hot and spicy flavor

baken-ets-hot-n-spicy.png

its not a Flamin' Hot spice

I've wondered why they havent made a Flamin Hot version, it might be because the people buying this brand are happy with the the regular and spicy variants already and the novelty appeal wouldn't be all that effective

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Why have I never seen this thread before? This confirms Fat4all is best poster.

I don't think I've ever run into a Flaming Hot snack that I didn't like. Flaming Hot Munchies is my go to. You get a little bit of everything.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Why have I never seen this thread before? This confirms Fat4all is best poster.

I don't think I've ever run into a Flaming Hot snack that I didn't like. Flaming Hot Munchies is my go to. You get a little bit of everything.
I love a good party mix, and I'm thinking of making my own mix that includes several of my Flamin' Hot favorites.

Fritos, pretzles, nuts, etc. Add in a few savory and sweet pops and thats a really solid mix.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Argh still haven't seen the flavor shots of any kind anywhere, been on the lookout

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Flamin Hot Dil chips lose the lays competition because all the stores around me seem to stock anymore is the lime flavor?

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I picked up a bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos a while back, and they're decent. I mean, I don't think they're all that hot, but for whatever reason they set my butthole on fire. Meanwhile I had no issues after doing a full Hot Ones challenge (including finishing with The Last Dab made with Pepper X). I'm guessing the processed nature just makes it not digest as well...

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
In one hour I will be driving miles with the sole purpose of cleaning out a Walmart's inventory of Lay's Flamin Hot Pickle chips. I think they have a couple 2.5oz bags, and maybe one 7.5 oz bag

This site has helped me find the goods: https://brickseek.com searches store inventories

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baked Hot Cheetos are so good. I hate that theyre more expensive and have less Cheetos than the regular Hot.

I hope they someday make baked Hot Doritos. Baked tortilla chips have such a good crunch compared to the fried ones.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I had the flamin hot nacho doritos last week and was surprised at how much I liked them. It actually had flavor instead of generic SUPER SPICY flavor overpowering anything else.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I used to make my own spicy pickles

buy a jar, eat maybe 1/4th of the pickles, then toss in a chopped up chili pepper and a dash of hot sauce

the more it sits in the fridge, the better it tastes, and the chilies you threw in would taste awesome as well

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
qDudDOO.jpg

I found these today. Two for a dollar. They're great!