• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out Magazine reported on August 9th that Marvel's Chairman Isaac Perlmutter Is Also Donald Trump's Largest Donor:

August 09 2019

My my my… it seems as if things just keep taking new turns as Trump-supporting billionaires are getting exposed left and right.

Following the outrage and subsequent boycott of Equinox and SoulCycle after it was revealed that billionaire owner Stephen Ross, who owns many brands under the umbrella of Related Companies is hosting a Southampton fundraiser for Donald Trump — Call Me By Your Name's Armie Hammer took to Twitter to call out Marvel's former CEO and current chairman Isaac Perlmutter for being one of Trump's biggest financial donors.

"Hey, while everyone seems to be on this Equinox thing, it might be a good time to mention that one of Trump's largest financial contributors is the chairman of Marvel Entertainment (Isaac Perlmutter)..... jussayin." Hammer said in a tweet.

ProPublica has called Perlmutter along with Bruce Moskowitz a West Palm Beach physician and lawyer Marc Sherman, the "three shadow rulers" of the Trump administration's veterans policies.

According to documents obtained by ProPublica, Trump and Perlmutter "regularly talk on the phone and dine together when the president visits Mar-a-Lago."

"On any veterans issue, the first person the president calls is Ike" a former official told ProPublica.

Perlmutter donated $1 million to Trump's fundraiser for wounded veterans in 2016 while Trump was still running for president, (Perlmutter's wife, Laura, was a member of Trump's Inauguration committee) and has recently donated $360,000 towards Trump's re-election campaign.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
The 1% CEOs chummy with a Republican president billionaire? You don't say. Don't glorify the wealthy.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me to Isacc:
4e6.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm remembering reading comments along the line of "we tried making comics diverse and clearly it was a huge mistake". Was that from this dude?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perlmutter being a shit has been public knowledge for decades, Disney can't fire him and he has no power or influence over any Marvel product currently released.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
This is the same charmer who was dead set against female led Marvel films, right?

Yeah, stories came out a while ago about how he was against female led superhero movies and the Black Panther film. I think Feige had to threaten to quit in order for the higher ups at Disney to free him of Perlmutter's control.

Basically the guy is racist and sexist. And he is the reason why we didn't see diversity sooner in the MCU.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he say no one would tell the difference between Terrance Howard and Don Cheadle?

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, this is something one could easily assume. He's been known to be an ultra conservative asshole...

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people talking about how you're "supposed" to boycott stuff? Is it like, you're forced to do it or you lose your union card?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Perlmutter's support of Trump has been public knowledge for years and everyone has just been waiting for him to retire.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something tells me he's not in charge of the comics side either, however.

He is technically still "in charge" of the comics and licensing divisions of Marvel but has not had any day-to-day job capacity at the company since 2016 when he became a major booster and advisor to Trump. He barely has anything to do with Marvel anymore and just collects a paycheck and his Disney shares from the Marvel buyout.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why are people talking about how you're "supposed" to boycott stuff? Is it like, you're forced to do it or you lose your union card?

Most people take opportunities such as this to shit on things they hate. They don't really care about whether it gets boycotted or not.

This guy is also the one who block Black Widow solo movies and also requested the villain in Iron Man 3 to be changed from Rebecca Hall's Maya Hansen to Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian.

Jun 17, 2019
I'm kind of surprised it's someone like that and not an oil exec or like someone from Lockheed Martin or some bullshit.

Also - aren't there caps on individual donations like that? Shouldn't it be like a shitload of people tied for #1?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
This is the same dude that tried to sabotage Feige's plans for the MCU as well as block female led films. Not surprised by this at all.

Yep it was a miracle Disney got Marvel Studios out of his grasp

I may be wrong but doesn't seem like he has total control over the comics side of things either. They just keep fucking that up on their own.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
This has nothing to do with mcu. Soooo won't be boycotting marvel since he has nothing to do with the mcu :)

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
iirc, feige also hates him.

Pretty sure he basically threatened to resign if he wasn't allowed to not have to get stuff approved by Perlmutter anymore, with Bob Iger being smart enough to know that having the person in charge of the MCU leave, would be a monumental mistake. So Iger approved plans that let Feige report to someone else

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
This is the same dude that tried to sabotage Feige's plans for the MCU as well as block female led films. Not surprised by this at all.

Yep, he's why we're only now getting a Black Widow film, and that Black Panther and Captain Marvel came out after Ike lost control of Marvel Studios..

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
If you're already evil enough to be a billionaire why would anyone be surprised that you support the man who's primary policy is crony capitalism and does such wonderful things as telling people at mar a lago "you all just got a lot richer" after passing tax reforms that he publically promised were for the little guy.

Think of the hundreds of millions of dollars this guy stands to make as a future trump crony and with how awful policies enacted.