• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Date: Nov 6, 2020
Notes: Cardinals beat the Yankees in the World Series. 1st day of offseason. Make your team options and look at arb values, get ready to move along.

Now that the season is over it seems like a good time to join :)

I'd like to go Yankees or Cubs, please!
Either team is open, so take your choice and I'll add you to the league file and send you a quick join link. You probably want to get this done tonight so you can make your team options if you have any. Early offseason has a lot of decisions and probably the most time to spend. MrLuchador

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
I just added you to the game and sent a quick join link. Copy the entire body of the message, launch OOTP and you'll find a link at the bottom that says 'quick join online league' or something of that effect. When you click that, it should start downloading the league for you. Let me know if you have any problems.
Once you're in, do what you need with your team, and when you're all done, you want to export your team file using the menu on the right, or the File - league options menu. You have to do that every time you make changes for them to be pulled into the league updates.

Only big rule to be aware of atm is to not use big back end team options to get players to sign. keep it in line with the previous year if you're going to do a team option.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim: 7 days
Date: Nov 13, 2020
Notes: Continue to lock up your coaches and make team decisions on players / tickets / scouting / development budgets

I'm sure someone does, but I don't use anything like that.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Date: Nov 20, 2020
Notes: Awards given out. Tomorrow (of the day after if I don't get it done on Christmas) will get us to arbitration completion.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim 9 days to get us to FA. Will not sim tomorrow, that way people that can't check today have time to make opening offers. Will still slow play the first handful of sims of FA, but plan to move back to 7 days sooner than we did the last few seasons which got too slow.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Trades with CPU will be allowed again, but I will not be shopping players for anyone like we did in the past. (It's too time consuming for me to run the shop, write the responses or post a screenshot, wait for your response and then run the trade the next day).
So, I will allow trades, which don't have to be 1 for 1, but you have to provide the players from both sides.
While I won't keep a schedule, you're limited to trying this type of thing to once every week or two. Just don't be surprised if I don't get to it everyday.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim: 3 days
Date: Dec 11
Notes: Only signing was Kluber going to the SF Giants for 35M/2 years

MegaTiki

Nov 6, 2017
Houston, Texas
Hey brentech, I posted a message in Discord but I'm posting it here as well just in case you didn't see it. I'm not going to be able to keep playing in the league for a while, at least this season. I've gotten a bunch of contracts that came in that have me really busy and I don't really have the time to put into it that I want to. I don't want to hold up the league or anything so I'm letting you know. I'll be back once things settle down again though.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim: 3 Days
Date: Dec 17
Notes: Bunch of signings complete. File is uploading at time of post.

Hey brentech, I posted a message in Discord but I'm posting it here as well just in case you didn't see it. I'm not going to be able to keep playing in the league for a while, at least this season. I've gotten a bunch of contracts that came in that have me really busy and I don't really have the time to put into it that I want to. I don't want to hold up the league or anything so I'm letting you know. I'll be back once things settle down again though.
I'll just retire your GM, but keep it available if you want to rejoin.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim: 3 Days
Date: Dec 20
Notes: Not much action during Winter Meetings.
Rule 5 is around the corner. Start looking through and protecting players that you need to.

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim: 3 days
Date: Dec 28
Notes: Rule 5 is complete. Please make sure any player you drafted is on your 40 man,as sometimes the game doesn't do it
and then gives me an error when we get to regular season
file is uploading now

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Sim: 4 days (that way we got to the new year with new scouting)
Date: Jan 1, 2021
Notes: Addison Reed signs with the Mets, Cookie signs with the White Sox, and Mazariegos signs with the Indians.

We move back to 7 day sims tomorrow. I think that's how we will handle this in the future. 3 day sims until the new year and get moving again.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Boston Red Sox and Washington Nationals have agreed to the following trade.
Boston sends:
Desmond Lindsay CF, MLB

Washington sends:
Brayan Hernandez (CF, MLB)
Chris Gilbert (1B, A-)
unrestricted rights to Francys Peguero, Rule 5 pick from Washington by Boston

I'll release Peguero and upload, should put him back on Washington's roster for the trade to then occur.

Rommel

Nov 29, 2017
Boston Red Sox and Washington Nationals have agreed to the following trade.
Boston sends:
Desmond Lindsay CF, MLB

Washington sends:
Brayan Hernandez (CF, MLB)
Chris Gilbert (1B, A-)
unrestricted rights to Francys Peguero, Rule 5 pick from Washington by Boston

I'll release Peguero and upload, should put him back on Washington's roster for the trade to then occur.
I confirm

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Date: Feb 12
Notes: I've been having to start a sim and leave the house so I haven't been leaving the updates here every day, but they are still being ran.

Crimson Commie

User banned for sending insults via report system
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my PC running again!! 0-6 start to Spring Training lol gonna be another long season. I hope I didn't lose anybody good in the rule 5 draft but my new scout hated everybody anyway

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Drax took everyone in Rule5, I overlooked that bit as well haha

I'm in need of a 3-5 SP and some RP, if anyone is looking to trade. I'm not sure how the draft works, but I have like the 3rd last 1st round draft haha

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Boston Red Sox and San Diego Padres announce the following trade:

Boston Sends: LF - Christian Robinson (A)

San Diego Sends: SS - Luis Almanzar (ML) RF - TJ Farmer (A+)

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my PC running again!! 0-6 start to Spring Training lol gonna be another long season. I hope I didn't lose anybody good in the rule 5 draft but my new scout hated everybody anyway

Don't think you lost anyone substantial. You had a few guys show up but some teams left ML ready talent hanging. The Yankees for example lost Blake Rutherford to Toronto. Rutherford was a top 10 prospect by OSA and I swapped scouts this off-season, both guys loved him too.

Drax took everyone in Rule5, I overlooked that bit as well haha

I'm in need of a 3-5 SP and some RP, if anyone is looking to trade. I'm not sure how the draft works, but I have like the 3rd last 1st round draft haha
Yeah, I thought I had a nicely balanced Rule 5 board and the rest of the league ran hard for all the position players I wanted, so I ended up over-picking pitchers.

The draft is like the Rule 5, you make your pick list in advance and the sim runs through it as a hierarchy thing. Once it's out of your list players the AI (your Assistant GM using your Scouting Director's info) will pick players. You can have your scouting director do a report on players after the draft pool is announced, but I've never had them give me anything new, so not really worth the time in my opinion.

A late 1st isn't a big deal. The real obvious elite talent goes in the top 15 in most sims. You'll see guys up there who are ready made starters sometimes. After that there is a big drop and it plateaus through about the mid/late 2nd, then another drop and plateau through about the 4th or 5th round, depending on the draft. Outside of the 5th round it's very random. A guy everyone thinks is trash could go in the late teens, show up to rookie ball and proceed to post a >1.000 OPS through the next three years of low minors ball. A guy you think is great at the draft could with the next monthly scouting report drop down to a 20/20 OVR.

The biggest things to keep in mind are:
1. signability - "impossible" isn't really impossible, but it means you'll get one shot to make him an offer, it will be a non-trivial 7 figure number, and if you miss the first time he's done. Keep an eye on that when making your board. It also lets you get better talent in later rounds if you want to splash the pot though with extra budget money. It's a one time bonus and then they're mL contracts like everyone else.

2. Save some money for IFA - the IFA period is in early July if I recall, about a month after the draft. It's as open as free agency on what you pay players for signing bonuses and the players are mostly 16-18, so not close to ML ready. Some of the best raw talent in the game comes from IFA but the bust rate is high. The high pedigree guys can easily get high 7/low 8 figure signing bonuses in a league with lots of cash kicking around (ours is borderline on that, think mid-7 figures was tops last year if I recall).

3. Any picks you fail to sign from rounds 1 through 3 roll get you a compensation pick in the next draft. How to use that is up to you. Some people like to go after big bonus guys then knowing they aren't really losing the pick. Others see that as the chance to get difference makers every year so don't want to miss on a top 3 rounds pick. All a matter of personal philosophy.

Crimson Commie

User banned for sending insults via report system
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has interest in AJ Reed, Manuel Margot, Edwin Rios, Yasmani Grandal, or Alex Colome let me know. I can fit them all in my 25 man but don't need to go into the season full stocked with ML talent at AAA as well, so looking to open some holes for people.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
On the trading block

SP Lance Lynn
2B Brock Holt
LF Tommy Pham

Available

SP Brett Oberholtzer

Possible trade

RF Jason Heyward
C P.J. Higgans
1B T.J. Rivera

Improvements in

CF
RF

Looking for depth in

SP
RP

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
Red Sox and Dodgers announce the following trade:

Red Sox send:
LF - Manuel Margot (AAA)
C - Wilfredo Rodriguez (AAA)

for

SS - Enrique "Kiki" Hernandez (MLB)
RF - Wuilmer Becerra (AAA)

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Need pitchers. Send help. Basically got fans pitching for me at the moment. 3 long term injuries in Spring Training wrecked my Bullpen. That and I was too slow to react to things haha

Rommel

Nov 29, 2017
Trade:

Cubs send:
SS - Ronny Mauricio ( mL - R)

Nationals send:
RP - AJ Cole (ML)
C - Meibrys Viloria (AAA)

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?p=4270876

Unfortunately I have some bad news to share.

Francis Cole, the initial developer of our football game project, has passed away yesterday.

Francis was an awesome human being who had a positive influence on everyone who met him. He was always positive despite his health struggles throughout his life and helped others in his community who suffered with similar conditions.

Our deepest condolences go out to his family and firends.

Francis, you will always be on our mind, we will miss you. You will always be part of our team, no matter where you are. Rest in peace.

The entire OOTP Developments family.

fran.jpg

OP
OP
brentech

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
Date: May 4
Notes: []

I haven't always remembered to post here, but sims are still happening every day. We're getting to crunch time with my new house. Should be ready to move in like 2 weeks, there might be a window where I can't sim depending on when they will recognize my address and install a connection for me. will keep updated if anything gets held up.

Also, if you don't already, I highly recommend using the league Discord server. The vast majority of all league chat is now located there. https://discord.gg/BgHjGfV

That's really sad. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought he had recovered a bit. Probably just making that up in my head. =(