• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The fifth season of Outlander premieres on Sunday, February 16 at 8/7c. Outlander is an adaptation of the wildly popular 'Outlander' series by Diana Gabaldon. Published in 2001, the fifth book in the series (which currently consists of nine novels) follows Claire and Jamie Fraser as they face the politics and turmoil of the forthcoming American Revolution. With the Revolution only a few years away and unrest brewing, Jamie is called to form a militia to put down the beginnings of rebellion in North Carolina, and risk his life for a king he knows he must betray soon. Said to be a mix of several genres, the Outlander series features elements of historical fiction, romance, adventure and science fiction/fantasy.

Outlander was adapted for television by Ronald D. Moore, best known for his 2003 reimagining of Battlestar Galactica. Bear McCreary composed the score.

The fifth season will cover the fifth book, 'The Fiery Cross', and will consist of 12 episodes. The series has already been renewed for a sixth season.

Book spoilers should be properly labeled and tagged. Please keep future book spoilers to a minimum.

Outlander follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

Season Five of "Outlander" finds the Frasers fighting for their family and the home they have forged on Fraser's Ridge. Jamie must find a way to defend all that he has created in America, and to protect those who look to him for leadership and protection - while hiding his personal relationship with Murtagh Fitzgibbons, the man whom Governor William Tryon has ordered him to hunt down and kill. With her family together at last, Claire Fraser must use her modern medical knowledge and foresight to prevent them from being ripped apart once again. However, while focusing on protecting others, she risks losing sight of what it means to protect herself. Meanwhile, Brianna Fraser and Roger MacKenzie have been reunited, but the spectre of Stephen Bonnet still haunts them. Roger strives to find his place - as well as Jamie's respect - in this new and dangerous time. The Frasers must come together, navigating the many perils that they foresee - and those they can't.

Trailer

cVLGLa1.jpg

L + SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 720K
Episode 2: 890K
Episode 3: 1.00 million
Episode 4: 854K
Episode 5: 948K
Episode 6: 1.09 million
Episode 7: 1.23 million
Episode 8: 1.41 million
Episode 9: 1.22 million
Episode 10: 860K
Episode 11: 1.1 million
Episode 12: 1.1 million
Episode 13: 1.0 million
Episode 14: 1.1 million
Episode 15: 1.0 million
Episode 16: 981K

Season Two:

Episode 1: 1.46 million
Episode 2: 1.23 million
Episode 3: 1.21 million
Episode 4: 1.16 million
Episode 5: 1.12 million
Episode 6: 1.02 million
Episode 7: 1.09 million
Episode 8: 1.05 million
Episode 9: 938K
Episode 10: 819K
Episode 11: 864K
Episode 12: 1.04 million
Episode 13: 1.15 million

Season Three:

Episode 1: 1.49 million
Episode 2: 1.40 million
Episode 3: 1.55 million
Episode 4: 1.58 million
Episode 5: 1.59 million
Episode 6: 1.71 million
Episode 7: 1.52 million
Episode 8: 1.64 million
Episode 9: 1.49 million
Episode 10: 1.23 million
Episode 11: 1.40 million
Episode 12: 1.50 million
Episode 13: 1.43 million

Season Four:

Episode 1: 1.08 million
Episode 2: 870K
Episode 3: 861K
Episode 4: 960K
Episode 5: 960K
Episode 6: 1.04 million
Episode 7: 1.11 million
Episode 8: 908K
Episode 9: 1.00 million
Episode 10: 1.15 million
Episode 11: 1.26 million
Episode 12: 1.27 million

Season Five:

Episode 1: 815K
Episode 2: 787K
Episode 3: 772K
Episode 4: 762K
Episode 5: 733K
Episode 6: 823K
Episode 7: 812K
Episode 8: 784K
Episode 9: 837K
Episode 10: 850K
Episode 11: 866K
Episode 12: 855K

Last edited:

zeroOman

Oct 27, 2017
after watching season 4... there is nothing engaging anymore it's just some shit keep happening over and over which they will try to overcome it...

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been awhile. I forgot how last season ended

Jamie beats Roger's ass and Young Ian sells him to the Native Americans. (mostly undeserved)

Furious, pregnant Brianna orders them to bring her man back, goes to live with Auntie Jocasta and gets temporarily engaged to gay Outlander icon Lord John Grey.

Young Ian trades places with Roger cuz he's totally cool with it but unfortunately takes Rollo with him.

Claire and Jamie return to Brianna (already had baby) and tell her Roger's still kind of an ass but then he rides in on a horse and they run across a field to embrace one another so all is forgiven.

The British come! They order Jamie to kill Murtagh aka his 2nd father since he's pro-American Revolution. Shit gets tense.

Hope that helps~

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Jamie beats Roger's ass and Young Ian sells him to the Native Americans. (mostly undeserved)

Furious, pregnant Brianna orders them to bring her man back, goes to live with Auntie Jocasta and gets temporarily engaged to gay Outlander icon Lord John Grey.

Young Ian trades places with Roger cuz he's totally cool with it but unfortunately takes Rollo with him.

Claire and Jamie return to Brianna (already had baby) and tell her Roger's still kind of an ass but then he rides in on a horse and they run across a field to embrace one another so all is forgiven.

The British come! They order Jamie to kill Murtagh aka his 2nd father since he's pro-American Revolution. Shit gets tense.

Hope that helps~
thanks. It's been awhile seeing these names without faces just goes over my head.

now I remember the British thing

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
After season 4, they'll have to win my girlfriend and I back. We just simply don't like Brianna and Roger; they drag our enjoyment of the show down several levels.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Brianna might be the worst actress, well, ever. But I'll be back, oh they won't get rid of me that easily.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jamie is too good for this world. I really enjoyed that opening episode, there might still be hope for Roger to unfuck himself.

About a month ago or so I rewatched the earlier seasons, it is a bit shocking how old Jamie and Claire look heh.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the theme song really is trash this time. Unforgivable.

I like how Roger just assumes baby Jeremiah has the gift of time travel when he talks about "going back" to their time...

I swear I could hear millions of fans screaming when Jamie put the kilt back on. Or maybe it was just me screaming. Wish they were still in Scotland.

That was a super cheerful start for the most part. I see that they're continuing to build and put down roots despite Brianna's warning about their land burning down so I'm sure this will end well.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

Between Two Fires

Claire and Jamie's colonial life in America is under threat, as they're pinned between their ties to the crown and a rising undercurrent of unrest. Meanwhile, Brianna and Roger struggle to overcome the harm Stephen inflicted on their lives.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. This season is turning it around from the last one so far.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Got behind on this show and am currently making my way through S4.

I hope I can start S5 soon.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

Free Will

Claire and Jamie's colonial life in America is under threat, as they're pinned between their ties to the Crown and a rising undercurrent of unrest. Brianna and Roger, meanwhile, struggle to overcome the harm Stephen inflicted on their lives.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a strange episode.

Surely there's a less bizarre way to give Jamie and Claire a new baby than this.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
yeah way better than last season. Roger not being a complete numpty is helping loads

though admittedly i miss scotland. a big reason why i got into the show to begin with was the setting. the american revolution for me is a lot less appealing. but whatever.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

Perpetual Adoration

Claire and Jamie's colonial life in America is under threat, as they're pinned between their ties to the Crown and a rising undercurrent of unrest. Meanwhile, Brianna and Roger struggle to overcome the harm Stephen inflicted on their lives.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Every episode description is the same vague "Jamie and Claire face a challenge". 🤣

I know lmao. It's true tho 🤔

And again I ask, give me John, Outlander producers, or face the consequences. (There are no consequences. I am feeble and powerless.)

They did say they were exploring potential spin offs, iirc, so it's not entirely out of the question. They certainly have a lot of Lord John novellas to pull from...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
New Episode

Claire and Jamie are in some sort of distress, amongst the wild and unruly backdrop of the early Americas.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Also, interesting fact from the BTS video:

The ship woman's husband (played by an unrecognizable Graham McTavish) is the son of Dougal and Geillis! :O

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Neat cameo this episode.

I recognized "Dougal" immediately lol