• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Currently we're working on something a lot of you have been asking for... It won't be a sequel to Outlast or Outlast 2, but it will be a distinct experience set in the Outlast universe. We can't say more right now, we first need to make sure we can make it work. Like I mentioned, we strive to be risk-takers and this one is a pretty big challenge. If all goes well, we'll soon be able to reveal more.

Umm .. I wouldn't mind if Y'all straight up make an Outlast 3 too guys .. but hey .. more things in the same world/franchise are appreciated.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
I've never seen this series but judging by the responses in this thread I need to correct that this moment. Gonna watch some trailers.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These games are messed up. They aren't 'merely' scary games, their stories are dark and depraved. Especially the 2nd game, they went all out on that one.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Notable that this is Q1 2018

So we're getting this pretty damn soon

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These games are messed up. They aren't 'merely' scary games, their stories are dark and depraved. Especially the 2nd game, they went all out on that one.
Right, so let it never be said anymore about people thinking Nintendo still censors games from other companies on their systems.
Torture, slicing off fingers, sawing people in half starting at the groin area... yeah, kiddie? No way.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Switch owners are lucky. Both are good games. If you haven't played them, you should when you can.

I'm kind of glad they're not doing DLC for Outlast II. I liked the game a lot, but would like to delete it for now to free up some space.

Count me in on day one for future Outlast games and this side story.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, so let it never be said anymore about people thinking Nintendo still censors games from other companies on their systems.
Torture, slicing off fingers, sawing people in half starting at the groin area... yeah, kiddie? No way.
they might have to put a special disclaimer cause of that perception of ninty. I mean 2nd game got child abuse and shit.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch's game library is already becoming fantastic. Shaping up to be better than any other Nintendo home console or maybe even handheld library besides the NES and SNES. Combining both console and handheld lineups, a huge surge of quality indies, and some actual decent third party support (hopefully it'll continue to improve as time goes on)

im sure that was one of the reasons they decided to consolidate their hardware, it automatically means that a broader range of third party games will be there. imo, switch indie's offerings are already better than wii u's and maybe on par with 3ds, already

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
The first is one of the best horror games i've ever played so I think i'll double dip (or triple, if you count the free PS+ version). Didn't bother with the sequel because of the negative reception.

I am guessing this will be 720p 30fps since on PS4 it was 1080p60.

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm not into this IP, everyday a new game is announced for Switch that would have never touched Wii, Wii U, Cube, 64, etc.

It's reallt stunning imo

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This could be uncomfortable, playing these games in a secluded woodsy vacation area at night with headphones.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Was Outlast that first person horror game that came out early in the PS4's life (and if I remember, was free on PS+)? I enjoyed that, if it's the game I'm thinking of.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Are these games good? I saw a bit of Outlast 2 on youtube and it looks interesting.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Outlast 2 was a creepy game. In portable mode with headphones in pure darkness will be a joy to play. Bring it on.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Some potential sales to be had here when ppl throw their switches across the room in fear

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
If I had to guess, I'd say he's talking about outlast 1/2 in VR.

But then again, that would only apply to PC and PS4, leaving the Xbox out.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Docked mode ONLY, for max performance/visuals and less throwing/dropping Switches in fear response

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017
oh wow now I can get scared and play it in bed alone in the dark on my Switch.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
I think this is awesome! I played a bit of 2. Got seriously fucked in the church...like lol Jesus...

Will buy both!

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Outlast 2 is such bad game, it creates new genre "Chase & Run Game". You basically running from enemy whole the time. It looks good but that's about it. Demo looked promising, but full game is just bad. Outlast 1 is better, but it feels like some ghetto version of Condemned. More game on switch is a good thing, but I am not sure about this two...

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Haven't played the second one, but the first game is a decent horror game. Nothing mindblowing but has its moments.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Outlast 2 is such bad game, it creates new genre "Chase & Run Game". You basically running from enemy whole the time. It looks good but that's about it. Demo looked promising, but full game is just bad. Outlast 1 is better, but it feels like some ghetto version of Condemned. More game on switch is a good thing, but I am not sure about this two...
That's also a pretty apt description of the first Outlast though, maybe that one just hides it better. I generally liked Outlast, but the trick got old fast. At some point it just wasn't scary anymore, it was constantly 'run to the nearest closet or bed, hide for a few seconds, pop out, rinse and repeat'.

I liked the story though and how fucked up it got
until the ghost thing at the end of the game, which was just lame.
I still have to play the second game, but I'm waiting for a deep sale on Steam, I just don't like the gameplay loop enough to warrant full price.