• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
RwOoXsQ.gif

Not feeling it at all.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
They are still an Indie developer made up of a team of 75. While they are being funded, it's a game being made by a smallish team.

Under those parameters you could designate Kojipro as indie, without knowing how much assistance etc they are getting you cant really call it an indie game.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
It looks like a game that's meant to be played in first person, modded to third person.

Or a Bethesda game.

That's in regards to animations. Game itself looks incredibly eh.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fine, much more like Gears than I expected. Which....people thought Gears 5 was good, but I did not care in the slightest. Maybe this could find an audience, but I'm probably not gonna be in it. This looks more fun than Gears 5 though because of the abilities. And at least the one class in the IGN video seems moderately swift and acrobatic.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am super bummed that THIS is what People Can Fly have been working on. Looks dull as hell.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Looks visually bland, and mechanically derivative, but damn does that zippy 3rd person combat look good. Wish Gears played like that

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like it. Not every game needs to be a 10/10 TLOU experience or whatever. There's a market for these smaller-scale easy to pick up and play schlooters. I'm on board!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The animations look weird, like forced 3rd person mod on a FPP game where you aren't supposed to see certain actions.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
As soon as the Easy Allies dude mentioned "looter", I noped out. I'm done with looters and GaaS.

Give me more directed games with a start, middle, and ending. I'm over games as a part time job.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Under those parameters you could designate Kojipro as indie, without knowing how much assistance etc they are getting you cant really call it an indie game.

Kojipro is indie. Even CDPR is indie. Just both are huge names. This studio being as small as it is is definitely small developer.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game play looks very slick and clean without the world getting in the way so it has that going for it and probably what you want when repeating for loot but it does look a bit dull with the lack of colour.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The trailer gave me strong destiny vibes. Which I didn't care for. The footage however somehow interested me even less. It looks super dated already. Like that period of time last gen where a lot of devs were dead-set on making gears of war clones...it's 2020, I'm sick of gears of war itself let alone something that looks similar to it.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
As soon as the Easy Allies dude mentioned "looter", I noped out. I'm done with looters and GaaS.

Give me more directed games with a start, middle, and ending. I'm over games as a part time job.
They specifically said it wasn't an online growing game from what I hear. But I may be wrong. And yeah I'm done playing games like a job too. I basically only play apex and pubg day to day tbh.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Trying not to be too harsh here but there's very little that's impressing me. Drab color palette, third person animations are extremely stale, the UI is incredibly generic... man. The first impression isn't great. There could be something there and I think it has an angle, but we'll see how it turns out.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Something about the gameplay and the animations are fast and stiff, reminding me of a B game called Fracture. I like taking chances on B games when they have something cool going on.

112905--fracture.png

Going from the gameplay it feels like a B game, but it's missing that unique hook like, for example, a terrain gun.

DentalWeakDoe-size_restricted.gif

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's not like they set out to make a bad game

On top of that we dont even know if this will be bad or good. I distinctly remember people writing off Remnant the same way before it launched. Granted they are a bit different games but still the way Huber talked about it made it seem very similiar to that game.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very...ehhh? The combat might be good but im not seeing anything that really interests me.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
If someone told me this was footage of Remnant from the Ashes. I woulda believed it.
In defense of some of the "looks generic" descriptions ppl are saying.

the first time Destiny was shown at E3 and ppl were going nuts. I remember thinking at the time, it looked like the most generic space shooter I had ever seen. Heck I felt that way even months into playing it. And it turned into my most played game of all time