• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

www.youtube.com

Bullet Time, Single Player And 10 Best Outriders Features

We’ve played four hours of Outriders, and will talk you through everything we saw. From slow motion Trickster magic to messy shotguns to Pyromancer explosion...

www.youtube.com

Playing my first next-gen game! | OUTRIDERS GAMEPLAY

Huge thanks to Square Enix for sponsoring this video, and inviting me to the event! Check out #Outriders here: http://bit.ly/2OMfXtJ #adPeople I was playing...

www.youtube.com

Andy Played Outriders! - First Impressions

Andy got to play Outriders! He sits down with Blessing to lay out his thoughts. Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/kindafunnygames?sub_confirmation=1 Support ...

www.youtube.com

Outriders - 20 minutes of new gameplay and cutscenes

Outriders is People May Fly's crack at a Destiny-style RPG-shooter.

c bweezie

Jan 8, 2020
Looks like Microsoft has now been beaten to the punch in bringing both Halo AND Gears to the looter shooter genre.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy bullet sponges batman. Just because you are a 'RPG' doesnt mean you have to give them damn near bullet immunity. Developers... there's another way. This aint it. When will they learn?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The aesthetic looks like last gen UE3 game.

With the speed it looks like it should be a first person game really, the animations on the protag constantly struggling to keep up.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
So Division gameplay, combined with Destiny's character classes and menu system, with a sprinkling of Anthem mixed in. Jesus, not sure what is worse: this complete lack of originality on display here, or the fact that I will probably play it...

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from being bland looking, the bullets and explosions have no impact at all, making it all look very floaty and disconnected.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That looks rough.

Kind of expected something that looks more fun from a developer like People Can Fly.

The shooting, cover system, art direction, environments, and animations all look boring. This is why CGI trailers don't do anything for me anymore, those trailers looked really cool and now that we're seeing gameplay, it looks like a different game entirely.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a game that was meant to be out last year, they are saying no GAAS for this but I can't see how it isn't one of those.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Dialogue option appears: "Where can I find this fucker?"

What is actually said: "Where is he?"

Seriously, what.

Gameplay does not look all that interesting to me, there's probably something I'm missing but that style of shooter is eh.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Does not look very exciting from what i looked at. Cover looks more like a nuisance than helpful since it looks like the enemies attack regardless of tactics.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
That looks rough.

Kind of expected something that looks more fun from a developer like People Can Fly.

The shooting, cover system, art direction, environments, and animations all look boring. This is why CGI trailers don't do anything for me anymore, those trailers looked really cool and now that we're seeing gameplay, it looks like a different game entirely.
Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure it was a great idea to lead with all those pre-rendered trailers that looked way better (relatively speaking - even if they weren't super great on their own merits), and then show gameplay that just can't live up to them.

It really does seems like quite a mish-mash of other games.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over how derivative it looks. It's like Gears of War and Destiny did a fusion dance.

I just can't.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
This looks sick! I'm down to have more muddy colors, a lot of games this gen felt too colorful to compensate for what they did last gen, you got rage 2 and gears 5 looking like they said fuck brown and the tone was not there.
Anyways the gore and gameplay looks really polished, I like shlooters so let's hope it's not another Anthem.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So Division gameplay, combined with Destiny's character classes and menu system, with a sprinkling of Anthem mixed in. Jesus, not sure what is worse: this complete lack of originality on display here, or the fact that I will probably play it...
The fact everything looks like the same shade of grey.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Eh I'm stoked for this. I loved remnant and this is giving me those vibes but beefier. Really liked what I saw in the live reveal thing they just did. Enjoy all those systems. This is going to be ace fun in co-op.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This game looks ugly as sin. Like it got sucked into the Unreal Engine 3 brown and grey period of shooters and couldn't escape.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

Are we back to 2005 ?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it really is Anthem: From The Ashes, except Remnant looked a lot better than this.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Easy Allies gameplay makes it look like Remnant: From the Ashes on steroids.

100% agree. And I like that.

Also I think going by some comments all these games get viewed as "boring", "generic" now when they first get shown no matter how cool they look in their first presentation. Only Destiny didn't because Halo and that's kinda sad to think about. As in so many pubs messed this up no one trusts any developer anymore to maybe pull it off. Not that I can blame anyone for that.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Im being a little facetious, but, between this and Godfall, I am not excited.

Godfall is an indie title. So I don't expect it to be on par with games from the bigger studios

Tho Outriders....I expected something a bit more unique looking. But it is cross gen so its not true next gen.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Godfall is an indie title. So I don't expect it to be on par with games from the bigger studios

Tho Outriders....I expected something a bit more unique looking. But it is cross gen so its not true next gen.

Indie seems a bit weird here, they are being backed by Sony and GearBox and is primed to be one of the PS5 launch exclusives......